News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Poseidon Quest

A100 was a progression from the previous humanoid models before it, which were called A1. A1's were the original full sized human animatronics created in the 1960s for the Worlds Fair and Disneyland. Carousel of Progress, Lincoln, Pirates etc.

According to Wayne Jackson, they also had A2 (animals), A3 (the Small World dolls) and A5 (dinosaurs). So there were probably some others in the single digits. I'm not sure if they ever had double digit A models in between A1 and A100, or if they just skipped right to A100.

Do you recollect where you got this information from? I Googled Jackson but didn't get any animatronic specific results. Are A5 animatronics just for Magic Skyway, or does that designation also apply to UoE or CTX? If there's any published work by him or quotes in Disney published material, I would be interested in reading it.

Roger_the_pianist

I knew I would be called out to call it a "rip off" of Okefenokee. The Six Flags version was around way before Splash and Tony Baxter said he was very familiar with the ride.

The footage and images that exist of Okefenokee make it look like a fever dream of Splash Mountain, or maybe the Nara Dreamland version 🙈

My point is that Tiana's Bayou Venture is not generic just because they took a character off of the ride vehicles and haven't replaced it with another figure.

SuddenStorm

Citing this-

1707881048266.png

as an inspiration or influence for Splash Mountain is disingenuous and a byproduct of modern Youtubers running wild with Disney history. It's influence went as far as 'I know that ride existed' and ends there.

Timber Mountain at Knott's, Song of the South, and the America Sings figures were the primary influence for the first pass at Splash Mountain.

And saying that Splash is a 'ripoff' of this is ridiculous.

SuddenStorm

My point is that Tiana's Bayou Venture is not generic just because they took a character off of the ride vehicles and haven't replaced it with another figure.

The logs were themed specifically to Splash with the Br'er topper. That's gone now, and they have no distinct marker to distinguish them as unique to Tiana's Bayou Adventure. If that's not making something generic, at least in regards to the logs, I'm not sure what is.

They could have done a frog topper or something.

DisneyFanatic12

Lots of posts in this thread, wow! Maybe this has already been answered, but I just started thinking about it again. When I ride the WDW railroad, there is a grey (I remember it being grey at least), elevator sized building off what appears to be the side of Splash Mountain, or sorry, TBA.

Anyways, has this tower/building always been there? If not, does anyone know what it is/might be?

EDIT:
I think I found what it might be…
IMG_4799.jpeg

Obviously, this confirms that this was here before the retheme (if this is indeed the grey structure I remember seeing). Do you think that this is just a the backside of the facade, or is this a stairwell or possibly something else?

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Obviously, this confirms that this was here before the retheme (if this is indeed the grey structure I remember seeing). Do you think that this is just a the backside of the facade, or is this a stairwell or possibly something else?
I’m 99.99% sure that’s part of the service facility for the water treatment infrastructure. That large rectangle directly next to the ‘shaft’ is the massive pool of water being cycled through the attraction. It’s always funny to see ear hats and other items floating in the murky water.

DisneyFanatic12

I’m 99.99% sure that’s part of the service facility for the water treatment infrastructure. That large rectangle directly next to the ‘shaft’ is the massive pool of water being cycled through the attraction. It’s always funny to see ear hats and other items floating in the murky water.
That makes a lot of sense, especially given its proximity to the water inlet at the top of the lift hill. Now I can leave my brain to ponder on something else. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom