News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

Also, I wonder if this ride will even have a prolonged period of previews and soft openings in the first place. It's not a new from-scratch build, but rather an audio/visual overlay of an existing ride on top of an existing ride system.

Frozen Ever After for instance didn't even have a soft opening from what I recall. And technically speaking, it underwent much more drastic alterations to the ride system due to the extended track through the former Maelstrom queue, and relocation/alterations to the load and queue. Though it also had a lot of technical issues at opening and went down quite a lot. One would hope Tiana doesn't have a repeat of those growing pains.

Phineas

JustInTime

No idea when it’ll open but that animatronic is amazing, I still hate the mural and the backstory but Disney is slowly winning me over. Cautiously optimistic.
The mural looks better in person. Plus the whole courtyard will have a different feel when it opens. They have added these gorgeous navy and gold handrails you can already see that just screams NOLA. Honestly, it all looks better in person.

MrPromey

The entertainment industry uses Memorial Day (last Monday of April) to Labor Day (first Monday of September) as the "Summer Season."

Mostly because that's when they can get college students to work Summer jobs.

Which means it follows the school schedule of when most students are off on their Summer break.

But it can also mean the solar calendar following the Summer Solstice of June, July, and August, and ends the Fall Equinox of late Sep.

Or, it can mean just when it's seasonally hot, which for FL is Apr to Oct.
... or Disney could go with Australia where the seasons are reversed and we might be almost a year away, still.

😱

But basically, it means whatever they choose for it to mean.

Indy_UK

I suspect the CBJ will reopen either before or with Tiana's Bayou Adventure, if for no other reason than Operations will want CBJ online to accomodate the influx of guests in Frontierland for TBA.

You are giving them too much credit. CBJ I can’t see until after summer unless the AAs were worked on along time ago

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also, I wonder if this ride will even have a prolonged period of previews and soft openings in the first place. It's not a new from-scratch build, but rather an audio/visual overlay of an existing ride on top of an existing ride system.
Well, when Chapek left, there was a feeling amongst CMs and DVCers and APers they weren't appreciated.

So, since then, attractions have had lengthy previews as a perk for those groups.

It also helps OPs not to have the most ardent fans all show up at the same time on opening day.

Surferboy567

Can anyone make out the song the animatronic is singing?
Yep, it’s definitely this.

How do you do, mighty pleasant greetin'
How do you do, say it when you're meetin'
How do you do, with every one repeatin'
Pretty good sure as you're born
What goes up is sure to come down
A penny lost is a penny found
How do you do, and you howdy back
A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Fun Fact: I never knew it was “Pretty good sure as you're born”

yensidtlaw1969

:rolleyes:

In the Parks
No

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it actually were this song?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Tiana AA is impressive. Eyes are a little lifeless but it's to be expected. Finishing touches and show lighting will address that. Interestingly, it looks as if Tiana is a little larger than life. Although when factoring in the America Sings AAs and the slightly scaled up critters it makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom