News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

They should have dubbed them "A200"'s and saved the "A1000" moniker for when they finally perfect their shape-shifting, liquid metal AA. ;)
A100 was a progression from the previous humanoid models before it, which were called A1. A1's were the original full sized human animatronics created in the 1960s for the Worlds Fair and Disneyland. Carousel of Progress, Lincoln, Pirates etc.

According to Wayne Jackson, they also had A2 (animals), A3 (the Small World dolls) and A5 (dinosaurs). So there were probably some others in the single digits. I'm not sure if they ever had double digit A models in between A1 and A100, or if they just skipped right to A100.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Facilier is the movie's best character. A sympathetic villain, what's more. A man who seeks power in an age where power for a man like him is virtually non-existent. He made the wrong choice, but it's hard to fault him for his motives.
This is the first time I’ve seen him described in these terms. I view him very much as a classic out-and-out baddie.

flyerjab

I think for me, it’s broadening the horizons of what the “frontier” is in Frontierland. When you come down to it, New Orleans and St. Louis were kinda the gateways to the frontier beyond, and the west has a much more varied environment than just red rocks.

The point can be argued either way, but I don’t think it’s much more of an outlier than splash was to begin with
This could be a first interesting case study for what turbocharging the parks actually means. Opening a ride is one thing, but I wouldn’t say it falls into that category of turbocharging.

Instead, shutdown Pecos Bill’s and change it into a Tiana’s QS of some sort. Add some additional area theming to create WDW’s version of a New Orleans Street. Bring back Tiana on the Riverboat and add a Margi Gras style cavalcade next year. That is how you turbocharge something like this. Turn it into something more than “just retheming”Splash Mountain. Make it an event for Margi Gras every year.

I was expecting a date announcement today... I am going to take a leap of faith and book my stay for the end of June/ beginning of July and gonna keep hoping for the chance to ride it.

Sectorkeeper71

This could be a first interesting case study for what turbocharging the parks actually means. Opening a ride is one thing, but I wouldn’t say it falls into that category of turbocharging.

Instead, shutdown Pecos Bill’s and change it into a Tiana’s QS of some sort. Add some additional area theming to create WDW’s version of a New Orleans Street. Bring back Tiana on the Riverboat and add a Margi Gras style cavalcade next year. That is how you turbocharge something like this. Turn it into something more than “just retheming”Splash Mountain. Make it an event for Margi Gras every year.
I’d be fine with them doing this, especially if any expansion beyond thunder mountain was a frontier land reboot of sorts. Plus Im not a fan of peco’s bills so changing that out would be a plus for me

DisneyRoy

So while this definitively confirms that they moved the opening date up from the prior late 2024 period significantly, the May rumors were either wrong or the ride suffered a delay. To be fair, that always sounded way too aspirational to me. They're still keeping the opening date vague, possibly to provide themselves some wiggle room. That's a three month opening window anywhere between June 20 through September 22.

Like I said before, I heard there was a potential management decision being considered that would reallocate resources to get the ride open sooner at DL. But it would likewise cause construction progress to potentially slow down at WDW. Hopefully that didn't end up happening though, and it opens comfortable before the tail end of summer.

I think the AA looks really good. It's high quality and very on-model to me anyway. Considering that she's a 2D illustration converted to a 3D environment, which comes with its own set of challenges (especially being a human and not an animal so the standards are higher), I think they did a really good job. She looks tremendously closer to her original film counterpart than the 3D model they used in Wreck it Ralph 2 for comparison.

Wicked Witch was an A100, which are now quite old. Not sure about Kylo, probably, but he's arguably not as much trouble to get right regardless since he wears a mask and has no facial movement. I actually think Kylo looks a bit small and weird, at least the second figure that gets "crushed" by debris. Hondo is an A1000 as well though and looks great.

Except the Disney seasons don't necessarily align with the actual seasons. Disney summer is typically Memorial Day to Labor Day. I think that is your 3 month window they are aiming for.

UNCgolf

I was about to say, “even the biggest cynic would approve of that AA” but then you arrived and proved me wrong.

I don't think the face looks quite as close to the movie version as the Belle AA does in Tokyo, so I'd agree it's a slight "downgrade" in comparison -- but it's still an excellent AA.

Last edited:

Mikomike12

Mama Odie also in the far left of the video, her snake ontop of her head!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 271

ddisneyd

I can’t imagine they will want to run any MNSSHP in August without this ride, which is why I think it’s going to be finished before that.

When is the next likely time/moment for an actual date announcement?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom