News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Cmdr_Crimson

Tiana runs away from her Co-Op and heads to her Laughin Place where she meets a rabbit, bear, and fox and they all sing Laughin Place. Then we see that the fox wants to cook the rabbit so we ascend the drop as Tiana wants to stop the fox from cooking the rabbit.

Tiana then learns that she should of never ran away from her Co Op in her words “It's where I'm born and bred in…I'm back in my home now and I'm sure gonna stay!”.

Just spitballing ideas…in all seriousness though I’m curious to see what they have in those scenes. Like I said before was expecting more news. That AA is pretty cool though.
956ebf20-c357-4321-9481-4d32108bdbd8_text.gif

Magenta Panther

It's going to make the last major funding round look much smaller.

PATF was on over the weekend so I decided to watch it. Facilier isn't really the ultimate bad guy but the shadow demon, or whatever his name is. He and his shadow minions could be threats especially in the lower area that used to be the Laughing Place.
Facilier is the movie's best character. A sympathetic villain, what's more. A man who seeks power in an age where power for a man like him is virtually non-existent. He made the wrong choice, but it's hard to fault him for his motives.

Tjaden

Looks good, but I'm not one who demands exceptional AAs. I just want some AAs over screens in general. I'm sure there will be some screens still, but some is fine as long as we aren't left with something resembling Kong on the water at UO.

Sectorkeeper71

Then how would BTM fit in the Bayou? It just can't be Frontierland/New Orleans Square/Frontierland..
I think for me, it’s broadening the horizons of what the “frontier” is in Frontierland. When you come down to it, New Orleans and St. Louis were kinda the gateways to the frontier beyond, and the west has a much more varied environment than just red rocks.

The point can be argued either way, but I don’t think it’s much more of an outlier than splash was to begin with

MerlinTheGoat

So while this definitively confirms that they moved the opening date up from the prior late 2024 period significantly, the May rumors were either wrong or the ride suffered a delay. To be fair, that always sounded way too aspirational to me. They're still keeping the opening date vague, possibly to provide themselves some wiggle room. That's a three month opening window anywhere between June 20 through September 22.

Like I said before, I heard there was a potential management decision being considered that would reallocate resources to get the ride open sooner at DL. But it would likewise cause construction progress to potentially slow down at WDW. Hopefully that didn't end up happening though, and it opens comfortable before the tail end of summer.

I think the AA looks really good. It's high quality and very on-model to me anyway. Considering that she's a 2D illustration converted to a 3D environment, which comes with its own set of challenges (especially being a human and not an animal so the standards are higher), I think they did a really good job. She looks tremendously closer to her original film counterpart than the 3D model they used in Wreck it Ralph 2 for comparison.
I mean, it looks good, but it's an A1000, isn't it? Wicked Witch/Kylo/etc.
Wicked Witch was an A100, which are now quite old. Not sure about Kylo, probably, but he's arguably not as much trouble to get right regardless since he wears a mask and has no facial movement. I actually think Kylo looks a bit small and weird, at least the second figure that gets "crushed" by debris. Hondo is an A1000 as well though and looks great.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Wicked Witch was an A100, which are now quite old. Not sure about Kylo, probably, but he's arguably not as much trouble to get right regardless since he wears a mask and has no facial movement. I actually think Kylo looks a bit small and weird, at least the second figure that gets "crushed" by debris. Hondo is an A1000 as well though and looks great.
Unrelated, but did we ever get closure on Kylo being the Wicked Witch. I always thought they were the same AA or possibly recycled animation as they move very similarly. Obviously Kylo is much newer (I’d assume) in terms of technology.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So while this definitively confirms that they moved the opening date up from the prior late 2024 period significantly, the May rumors were either wrong or the ride suffered a delay. To be fair, that always sounded way too aspirational to me. This puts the opening somewhere between June 20 through September 22. Like I said before, I heard there was a potential new decision involving the project out at DL that could cause the ride's progress to slow WDW's down. Hopefully that didn't end up happening though, and it opens comfortable before the tail end of summer.

I think the AA looks really good. It's high quality and very on-model to me anyway. Considering that she's a 2D illustration converted to a 3D environment, which comes with its own set of challenges (especially being a human and not an animal so the standards are higher), I think they did a really good job. She looks tremendously closer to her original film counterpart than the 3D model they used in Wreck it Ralph 2 for comparison.

Ah, yes, thank you for the correction on that. I must have had the Wicked Witch (A100) confused with something else...

terminator 2 reaction s GIF

MerlinTheGoat

By the way, Splash Archive finally uploaded those old test renders of the finale to Twitter. I'll put most of them in a spoiler so that they don't clog up the thread (because goodness knows my posts get long enough already). Hopefully they convey what I stated about them being in a primitive state and why they probably shouldn't be used to make assumptions about the full roster of AA's the end product will contain. Which again I was told should have at least as many as Splash.

1707841138000.jpeg

Three more here showing the major characters being tested out-

1707841167625.jpeg

1707841180046.jpeg

1707841193818.jpeg

This new facade also doesn't resemble the Tiana's Palace restaurant from the film and has a lot of additional staircases and balconies custom built for the ride. It shares a lot of similarities with the old riverboat from Splash in that regard. I suspect these spaces will *probably* contain additional AA's in the final ride, beyond what the renders are showing. Because why build these additional spaces that weren't seen in the film if they'd just be remaining empty. They could have just replicated the restaurant facade from the film (like they did for the actual restaurant at DL) otherwise. And if they don't fill out these spaces, the scene would look really odd. But again, I suspect they will fill it out in the end. These again are far more primitive than the renders they released to the public for BATB or 7DMT.

Last edited:

Lirael

The animatronic looks fine to me. But not wowing in that costume, it'd look gorgeous if she had her green dress on.

Plus, animatronic quality was never my issue or focus with the ride, so this doesn't really change my current interest (or lack thereof) towards this

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The Wicked Witch was an A100 - the first, actually. A1000’s are much newer, not having hit the scene with the opening of Galaxy’s Edge.

The Tiana shown today is an A1000.

EDITED To Add: Looks like I was beaten to the punch by posters above!
They should have dubbed them "A200"'s and saved the "A1000" moniker for when they finally perfect their shape-shifting, liquid metal AA. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom