News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

It is. People are mistaking not noticing details and nuance (like the reverse psychology used by B'rer Rabbit) with not understanding the story

Even as a little kid that still didn't understand english (not my native language) and as someone who had never watched/read/heard about Song of the South, the gist of the plot was always very clear to me: Rabbit sets off, bad animals want to catch rabbit, rabbit constantly escapes them. Yes, the reverse psychology bit took a long while to understand, but the core story was easy.
When initially going on the ride, I can see why people wouldn't recognize Br'er Rabbit using reverse psychology. But upon subsequent rerides it becomes rather obvious what he's trying to do.

Smooth

Disney is actually working on a real shrinking device. I was able to obtain this insider photo:
1706206055792.png

MerlinTheGoat

Unless I missed something, has this been confirmed yet?
Facilier was not included among the list of returning character in PR statements, nor was Keith David among the returning voice actors. The entirety of the final lift is supposed to be Mama Odie's house. And if Splash Archive's claims are correct, the bottom most level of the Laughing Place is going to have additional scenes with Tiana and Naveen in the swamp. I don't think Disney is going to actively confirm Facilier's absence from the ride, but we have ample amounts of official and rumored evidence that he's not included.

It’s also (unfortunately IMO) outdated info from the “Louis centered” version of the ride that they abandoned.
Was something else said in the podcast to indicate that it's old information?

Lirael

Facilier was not included among the list of returning character in PR statements, nor was Keith David among the returning voice actors. The entirety of the final lift is supposed to be Mama Odie's house.
This is, by far, the worst decision for Splash to me. Part of the thrill of the fall is the setup of the lift. You had a whole journey of happy songs, and suddenly you go up to this eerie tune and ambience, which helped add to the thrill of the whole thing

Mama Odie isn't going to scare anyone. Going up to happy songs and ambience is going to diminish the excitement for the fall, which is the whole gist of the ride. And of all IPs, Tiana had the literal perfect song for the lift. Friends on the other side singing "are you ready" at the part might have made the fall even more exciting.

splah

This is, by far, the worst decision for Splash to me. Part of the thrill of the fall is the setup of the lift. You had a whole journey of happy songs, and suddenly you go up to this eerie tune and ambience, which helped add to the thrill of the whole thing

Mama Odie isn't going to scare anyone. Going up to happy songs and ambience is going to diminish the excitement for the fall, which is the whole gist of the ride. And of all IPs, Tiana had the literal perfect song for the lift. Friends on the other side singing "are you ready" at the part might have made the fall even more exciting.
I love ToT and I love mission breakout. The tones are polar opposites. A thrill doesn’t need to be ominous. It can come from fun.

GoneForGood

Facilier was not included among the list of returning character in PR statements, nor was Keith David among the returning voice actors. The entirety of the final lift is supposed to be Mama Odie's house. And if Splash Archive's claims are correct, the bottom most level of the Laughing Place is going to have additional scenes with Tiana and Naveen in the swamp. I don't think Disney is going to actively confirm Facilier's absence from the ride, but we have ample amounts of official and rumored evidence that he's not included.

Was something else said in the podcast to indicate that it's old information?
Another thing to note about lack of Facilier, Keith David was answering questions on Twitter a week or so ago, and outright said he did not do any recording on it.

Disstevefan1

One thing is for sure there will be less AAs and the addition of fog machines compared to Splash.

Disney stated there will be "dozens" of AAs by my math, this is a minimum of 24.

I doubt we will get 24.

I hope to be proven wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom