News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

rle4lunch

Why would that be surprising? An attraction isn't completed more quickly just because you're not working on nine other attractions simultaneously. When you tack on the logistics of working within an active park and trying to keep daytime noise to a minimum, it's no mystery why it takes the time that it does. Nine women can't birth a baby in one month.
I wasn't really singling out this new overlay (which i guess it looks like I'm doing since i thought about build times while looking at the construction pics for Tiana) , but the other projects like NFL, the Epcot neverending overhaul and the 3 year ish GotG build (which took over a completely unused space and was not in the way of anything). Tron got held up by covid stupidity, but the nearly half decade build times on lands and new attractions in order to spread expenditures over multiple years is really frustrating. You'd think they'd want to put maximum effort into their new rides so they can start cashing in on that sweet sweet genie + cash cow they've created, lol.

JD80

How long did Runaway Railway take? Four years?

GMR closed August 2017 and MMRR opened March 4 2020.

About 930 days. Tiana should be shorter because the ride track is staying the same vs. gutting the interior.

Over the last decade, ignoring Tron and the EPCOT construction, all lands and rides took roughly 2-3 years to complete using the ground breaking as a start point, not the announcement of the project.

JoeCamel

Nah. I willing to bet Tiana's will be pretty fast.
I think we are seeing an expedited project with all hands available working on getting the exterior finished. They did the demo and repaired/replaced critical infrastructure like the brake at the bottom of the drop and water vent system so putting the top back on and dressing the exterior can complete. This will be one of those that we see the finished shell and are wondering what is happening as they finish the show scenes. Nice to see constant progress

MerlinTheGoat

As I've said before, there is a push from imagineering to get Tiana finished and open much sooner than the announced date. The most aggressive people want it done before the end of summer next year. The "late 2024" deadline is apparently being imposed on them artificially by the executives. They want to stretch out the development costs across a longer period of time in order to make the books look better.

So all that said, I have no doubt they should be able to make the current deadline fairly easily. They appear to be moving at a brisk pace on the exterior and i'm sure substantial infrastructure work is being done on the inside as well (perhaps even more quickly than the exterior). They've already got a lot of the interior props and characters built and ready to install as well. More than you would think they have given the piddling amount they've shown so far (that naked Louis endoskeleton from D23 is far from all they have).

That said, I don't know if the imagineers will get their wish to open it sooner anymore. A lot of this push was from several months back and was contingent on being able to get other projects across property greenlit. Like the AK and Beyond Big Thunder stuff. D23's revelations of empty non-committal blue sky stuff have made it fairly clear that they failed in their efforts to get a greenlight for anything in those areas. So I wouldn't be surprised if the executives also put an end to hopes of getting this done earlier as well.

Me when I see how many fewer animatronics there are:
View attachment 746307
For the record, despite what Splash Archive claimed, I still don't fully buy that his renders showcase the full AA roster in that finale scene. They're clearly in a non-finalized state. Two of them are testing out incomplete figure arrangements within the same scene (the characters in one of them are even still in the t-pose stance), one of the renders doesn't even have any figures at all. There's at least three more characters who will be present that aren't accounted for (Big Daddy and the King and Queen).

There are a ton of empty spaces surrounding this platform, landings and balconies that look tailor-made to hold extra AA's. I don't really understand why they would construct these platforms and not put any characters on them. The Tiana's Palace facade from the film doesn't even have most of these spaces. It would be a lot of empty wasted space on a large structure in a massive sized room. It would be even more strange if the huge celebratory finale had fewer figures than several of the prior scenes throughout the ride.

So until I see substantially more evidence that there won't be more figures in this scene, i'm remaining skeptical. I think Archive's renders ARE real, but I have my doubts that they're as final as he claims and are accurate to the full character roster. We'll see though.

Last edited:

ddisneyd

I think this will soft open in May, assuming progress is moving as quick inside as it is outside. They don’t need to ‘test’ the attraction in the way they would a new attraction.

aladdin2007

As I've said before, there is a push from imagineering to get Tiana finished and open much sooner than the announced date. The most aggressive people want it done before the end of summer next year. The "late 2024" deadline is apparently being imposed on them artificially by the executives. They want to stretch out the development costs across a longer period of time in order to make the books look better.

So all that said, I have no doubt they should be able to make the current deadline fairly easily. They appear to be moving at a brisk pace on the exterior and i'm sure substantial infrastructure work is being done on the inside as well (perhaps even more quickly than the exterior). They've already got a lot of the interior props and characters built and ready to install as well. More than you would think they have given the piddling amount they've shown so far (that naked Louis endoskeleton from D23 is far from all they have).

That said, I don't know if the imagineers will get their wish to open it sooner anymore. A lot of this push was from several months back and was contingent on being able to get other projects across property greenlit. Like the AK and Beyond Big Thunder stuff. D23's revelations of empty non-committal blue sky stuff have made it fairly clear that they failed in their efforts to get a greenlight for anything in those areas. So I wouldn't be surprised if the executives also put an end to hopes of getting this done earlier as well.

For the record, despite what Splash Archive claimed, I still don't fully buy that his renders showcase the full AA roster in that finale scene. They're clearly in a non-finalized state. Two of them are testing out incomplete figure arrangements within the same scene (the characters in one of them are even still in the t-pose stance), one of the renders doesn't even have any figures at all. There's at least three more characters who will be present that aren't accounted for (Big Daddy and the King and Queen).

There are a ton of empty spaces surrounding this platform, landings and balconies that look tailor-made to hold extra AA's. I don't really understand why they would construct these platforms and not put any characters on them. The Tiana's Palace facade from the film doesn't even have most of these spaces. It would be a lot of empty wasted space on a large structure in a massive sized room. It would be even more strange if the huge celebratory finale had fewer figures than several of the prior scenes throughout the ride.

So until I see substantially more evidence that there won't be more figures in this scene, i'm remaining skeptical. I think Archive's renders ARE real, but I have my doubts that they're as final as he claims and are accurate to the full character roster. We'll see though.
I agree, but this seems to be Disney's pitiful style now. Barren one sided spaces instead of fully fleshed out scenes on both sides or surround atmosphere. Lets hope not but wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Guys, will be at the disney parks in the second half of July 2024, what chance do I have to find the attraction open in operation? Give me good news please

I hope then, it will be my first time at the parks of Orlando, too bad not to do Splash but find this open I would like so much, if it should not be ready patience I will make a reason but from what I read it is possible that an attraction scheduled for the end of 2024 can open many months before? Hopefully

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Guys, will be at the disney parks in the second half of July 2024, what chance do I have to find the attraction open in operation? Give me good news please
elmo-sesame-street.gif

They still have the winter to get through, so who knows how much of a damper on the speed they work on this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom