News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

SSE will be an awesome 3 year refurb.
Just three? Come now...they can do better than that! at least 4....or they can just shutter it indefinitely and roll some planters in...What ride? It is merely a sculpture! Look over there! It's a Meet N Greet building in a forest! Totally worth the 5 years of construction!

UNCgolf

Call me a malcontent waxing about the halcyon days of Disney yore, but remember when they had enough class to hide construction projections from guests?

While I agree that in general it's better to hide construction -- not just via walls etc. but also things like scheduling work overnight when the park doesn't have guests, to the extent that it's possible -- I honestly don't see how it would be feasible to hide something of this scale in this location.

Dear Prudence

While I agree that in general it's better to hide construction -- not just via walls etc. but also things like scheduling work overnight when the park doesn't have guests, to the extent that it's possible -- I honestly don't see how it would be feasible to hide something of this scale in this location.
Thank you! This is more along the lines of what I'd expect!

And, I absolutely get, WDW's location is less sequestered. They've managed to keep the Disneyland former Tarzan's Treehouse under wraps for nearly a year (or is it open yet?). I know when they do refurbishments on Matterhorn, even though that's in the middle of everything, they manage to shield it well enough. The effort is there.

Disstevefan1

Just three? Come now...they can do better than that! at least 4....or they can just shutter it indefinitely and roll some planters in...What ride? It is merely a sculpture! Look over there! It's a Meet N Greet building in a forest! Totally worth the 5 years of construction!
We joke about 5 years, but with TWDC you never know...

peter11435

ew. 😵‍💫

I don't know why asking for just a little bit more discretion and class is funny and respecting guests a little more is funny, but go off, I suppose.

Generally at Disneyland, projects, even larger scale ones, are more hidden from guests, but this just aligns with WDW having trash littered all over its parks I guess!
Honestly I’m not even really sure what you’re referring to. Disneylands splash project looks just about the same as WDW’s, and It was just as visible during its initial construction. Large projects across Disneyland have consistently been visible to guests. This isn’t new and it’s not unique to WDW.

Attachments

• F9E5067F-A3D5-49FE-B5F8-24CF5D3C7DBA.jpeg
    F9E5067F-A3D5-49FE-B5F8-24CF5D3C7DBA.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 114
  • AB2DAD28-DF53-435F-8E86-F5091E75A175.jpeg
    AB2DAD28-DF53-435F-8E86-F5091E75A175.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 118

ToTBellHop

Plus, by Disney standards, they are doing this on a very short timeline. They need to work during the day unless we’d prefer a 3-year closure. I can just avert my eyes if it means this actually opens in 2024.

Ayla

It isn't, it just gives the haters one more thing to complain about.

Fox&Hound

You know when you you make it to the top of the second lift hill and you are at the top of the mountain before you go “into” the ride? It always bothered me that there was that cheap looking fence to the left to hide back stage sight lines. I wonder if they will take the time to address this. It always seemed so busted up and like a temporary solution. Anyone else happy if this was addressed?

MerlinTheGoat

You know when you you make it to the top of the second lift hill and you are at the top of the mountain before you go “into” the ride? It always bothered me that there was that cheap looking fence to the left to hide back stage sight lines. I wonder if they will take the time to address this. It always seemed so busted up and like a temporary solution. Anyone else happy if this was addressed?
I know what you're talking about, but i'm curious if much can be done without expanding the side out more. That are happens to be extremely narrow. That was probably the reason they went with the fence. There's not much else that they could reasonable place there without extending the platform outward some more.

Attempting to think "creatively", I suppose they could enclose this little stretch with some sort of tunnel instead, like the interior of a fallen hollowed out log. Or something simpler like a garden trellis/wall with greenery or something like that along the edge.

ToTBellHop

I'm still betting that Tiana's will be open in WDW by Memorial Day next year or at least CM previews.
That would be a lovely surprise. I struggle to believe it will be ready much before Christmas but that’s just a guess. I don’t know the current state of the project (in particular, the inside. They could easily finish the outside by next summer).

I do know they legitimately want this done ASAP.

That being said, DL’s closed 4 months after ours and they are doing the same amount of work (right?). If DL’s can open in 2024, perhaps summer is possible in MK.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

That would be a lovely surprise. I struggle to believe it will be ready much before Christmas but that’s just a guess. I don’t know the current state of the project (in particular, the inside. They could easily finish the outside by next summer).

I do know they legitimately want this done ASAP.

That being said, DL’s closed 4 months after ours and they are doing the same amount of work (right?). If DL’s can open in 2024, perhaps summer is possible in MK.
I expect it to open around Q4 2024, no way they're getting this out on schedule. Is there any confirmation on what the interior of the ride looks like yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom