News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

I heard the lyrics of How Do You Do as they were intended. Even as a kid. Granted I also grew up with the ride in an era when the speakers were still kept in good condition and were highly audible and clear. In the years that the ride was neglected, the audio was one of the things that went to ****.

The song was extremely catchy and good even without lyrics. But it was especially charming to see the various animatronics in the ride have synchronized mouth movements to appear like they were genuinely singing the lyrics. Like the geese providing the main lyrics, while the squatting bullfrogs providing the humming baseline and bobbed up and down to the rhythm. Yet another handful of details that are entirely absent in this new ride.

I'm very curious to see how Inside Out 2 is. I loved the first movie and the trailers make this one look like it SHOULD have the goods. If, for some reason, it ends up terrible, I'll be VERY concerned for the future over at Pixar.

Hoping for the best. And I do think, if it does well, we are likely to end up with some Inside Out at Epcot. They're desperate for new, hit films.
I heard its not very good/fine from someone who had the opportunity to watch it
I've been somewhat concerned from the beginning about it. The trailers haven't done anything for me, but it's the fact that Pete Docter hasn't returned to direct or write. Only one of the original writers HAS returned from the first one. The new director and writer don't seem to have much of note to their names. So I really don't know what to think at the moment...

Incomudro

Raise your hand if you knew the lyrics being sung in the "How do you do?" song on Splash Mountain (pre-internet).

Lower your hand if like me and my family you thought the line "Pretty good sure as you're born" was "Pretty good show us your bum". Dozens of rides and we couldn't even guess what the line really was. Perhaps this is why the ride really needed to go. ;)
All though I knew it wasn't correct, in my mind I always heard "Sure enough havin' a fall."
I kind of took it as the critters warning us what was up ahead.

WorldExplorer

Raise your hand if you knew the lyrics being sung in the "How do you do?" song on Splash Mountain (pre-internet).

Lower your hand if like me and my family you thought the line "Pretty good sure as you're born" was "Pretty good show us your bum". Dozens of rides and we couldn't even guess what the line really was. Perhaps this is why the ride really needed to go. ;)

I couldn't make it out so presumed it was something in French. In hindsight I don't know why my mind went to that.

_caleb

I couldn't make it out so presumed it was something in French. In hindsight I don't know why my mind went to that.
LOL, me, too! That's crazy. I figured I was the only one who thought this!

But it was especially charming to see the various animatronics in the ride have synchronized mouth movements to appear like they were genuinely singing the lyrics.
Which Splash AAs appeared to be singing in sync with the music?

SilentWindODoom

Too many questions! Just kidding, I'm happy to do my best to explain it!

#1: I didn't see what's inside the trunk from my first 2 rides, and I'm not sure yet if it's visible at all or if I just haven't seen it.

#2: There's a lot of the frog figures with the eyes that follow you throughout. Gloria and Delores show back up after the finale. The fireflies glowing above look incredible in person. The "transition" to being as small as a frog is very simple, yet very effective. There's a flash of light as you enter and exit the drop, and the audio really sells it.

#3: The only time our log stopped was on the first ride, but that was right after the finale, so we got to appreciate it for a little bit. The audio bleed is very minimal and much better than Splash, but I'll have to get the exact spots as I ride it more.

#4: No animatronic hitches besides the first Louis, his mouth wasn't moving. This has since been fixed.

#5: I'd say the entire thing is interesting, even the quieter parts because it feels real and natural. There's tons of little things you'd have to see with your own eyes, but the most fun one is the firefly that appears massive in the bottle before the lift and 50-foot drop. They are moving alongside the log up to the lift, and it's timed to the log passing by. Very fun.

Love to hear it! I'll have to listen to that podcast for the rest!

I’ve been trying to figure out why the new song sounds so tired to me and what it reminds me of. Just figured it out.

It’s very similar to the Green Acres theme song.

I've been watching Green Acres while catching up on the thread. Was gonna mention how spooky that was.

Then I saw the first local election ad of the year. Now THAT's spooky.

I don’t think the number of animatronics is the issue. Is anyone actually counting? I think it needs more environment and detail. That’s where splash excelled. Not everything has to move.

The environment seems to be the thing the bayou most has in spades.

I’m sorry, but in what universe does Imagineering override and revise the creative decisions of its company’s Senior Vice President and Executive Creative Development Product/Content & Inclusive Strategies for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP)?

If there's possibly public backlash accusing the company of slacking on this ride from the same people whose words got this done in the first place perhaps?

I would categorize most of the people who post frequently here "lifestylers." The difference is that here, the incentive is to be negative.

In the world we're living today, outrage sells and many people who are selling their content to others lean into negativity because it's good business and it breeds loyalty and dependency.

But in fandom, where everyone is just talking like this... I don't feel there's any incentive to be negative. Of course, that doesn't mean things are generally positive. But that premise just seems flawed.

MerlinTheGoat

Which Splash AAs appeared to be singing in sync with the music?
Most of them outside of the most simple and static props, or the ones that had only normal speaking roles (so most of the cast outside the main Brer trio, but even Brer Rabbit in two scenes).

All of the fishing geese and bullfrogs in the first scene. Brer Rabbit and Mr Bluebird in both the first and final scenes you see them. The Porcupine at the campfire. The fishing frog sitting atop the alligator. Even the tiny hanging possums, despite being very simple props, still move their arms and legs in sync to the lyrics they're singing. The bullfrogs in the Laughing Place (Disneyland also had a lot of additional figures in this scene that would move their mouths to the lyrics, as well as throughout the other scenes too). Most if not all of the figures in the finale (when working correctly).

tumblr_prxyz554Ny1v3nf2z_400.gif

_caleb

I don't feel there's any incentive to be negative. Of course, that doesn't mean things are generally positive. But that premise just seems flawed.
If you scroll back through this (or any of the other TBA threads) you can see how negative posts are met with like/love reactions and affirmational replies, while the few positive posts are ignored, mocked, or attacked.

Incomudro

Most of them outside of the most simple and static props, or the ones that had only normal speaking roles (so most of the cast outside the main Brer trio, but even Brer Rabbit in two scenes).

All of the fishing geese and bullfrogs in the first scene. Brer Rabbit and Mr Bluebird in both the first and final scenes you see them. The Porcupine at the campfire. The fishing frog sitting atop the alligator. Even the tiny hanging possums, despite being very simple props, still move their arms and legs in sync to the lyrics they're singing. The bullfrogs in the Laughing Place (Disneyland also had a lot of additional figures in this scene that would move their mouths to the lyrics, as well as throughout the other scenes too). Most if not all of the figures in the finale (when working correctly).

tumblr_prxyz554Ny1v3nf2z_400.gif

You know...
The more I come to accept Tiana's the more I come to simultaneously dislike it.
Those critter bands simply rock back and forth, while Tiana tells us about them.
I had hopes that when Disney showed they were placing an emphasis on the critters, that I'd really like that - since that meant the ride wouldn't be too "Princessy."
Well, it isn't too Princessy - but the use of the critters pales in comparison to how they were used in Splash.

_caleb

You know what would be fun? A video by Don Carson or Tony Baxter giving their feedback on WDW and DL's Bayou Adventures, respectively. Not to tear them apart, but give constructive criticism.

I love this sort of thing! But rather than constructive criticism from their peers, I'd be more interested in a ridethrough commentary from Charita Carter and Ted Robledo, the Imagineers behind TBA, where they explain the design, and intention, and craft they put into it.

999th Happy Haunt

I still don't get why Tiana's disembodied voice is singing during the first portion of the ride up in the garden. The instrumental is fine, is it just the movie audio?
I think so, considering they kept Ray’s voice singing “Down the Bayou” despite him being deceased.
Keep in mind TBA got a significant spotlight in the episode of the Imagineering YouTube series where they talked a lot about how much thought goes into attraction music.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I love this sort of thing! But rather than constructive criticism from their peers, I'd be more interested in a ridethrough commentary from Charita Carter and Ted Robledo, the Imagineers behind TBA, where they explain the design, and intention, and craft they put into it.
We've heard their thought process this whole time. "This is the most realistic New Orleans outside of New Orleans and if you don't think so you can go pound sand"

Last edited:

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Seems like people who have experienced the ride end up liking it more than those who formed their opinions only by watching the fixed-view POV video.
I can confirm after having many conversations in person at the ride in the last few days. The majority of people I have talked to have genuinely enjoyed it and told me that afterwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom