News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Yes. Someone is counting. I am certain someone on this website has a spreadsheet quantifying the number of eyes that don’t blink on “it’s a small world” each day.
First I was counting the empty parking spots at the resort parking lots.
Then I was counting the empty parking spots at the park parking lots.
Then I was counting the number of popcorn lightbulbs out at the Grand Floridian.
Now this? Do you know what brown brominized water does to my skin?

I'm already surviving on discarded half empty bottles of Desani water and remnants of popcorn from special limited time popcorn buckets left by guests before getting in the cars.

Please have mercy!

ToTBellHop

First I was counting the empty parking spots at the resort parking lots.
Then I was counting the empty parking spots at the park parking lots.
Then I was counting the number of popcorn lightbulbs out at the Grand Floridian.
Now this? Do you know what brown brominized water does to my skin?

I'm already surviving on discarded half empty bottles of Desani water and remnants of popcorn from special limited time popcorn buckets left by guests before getting in the cars.

Please have mercy!
Talk less, smile more.

DisneyHead123

I don’t think the number of animatronics is the issue. Is anyone actually counting? I think it needs more environment and detail. That’s where splash excelled. Not everything has to move.
That was my initial reaction as well. But I thought the video (can’t remember which one, apologies) I saw made a good point that what’s missing is not necessarily the tension of a traditional story arc. I had not heard of Walt Disney’s “Cocktail Party Theory” before but looking at the old dark rides it’s pretty compelling. And for rides like that you need emotion, you need atmosphere, you need music, but you also need stuff. Animatronics. Sets. Costumes. Details. Physical things that cost money.

Incomudro

Seems like people who have experienced the ride end up liking it more than those who formed their opinions only by watching the fixed-view POV video.
Of course a person is going to like it better actually physically riding it than watching it on screen.
Just like being at an actual concert and seeing the band live gives you a better experience than watching the performance on video.
Still - this ride could have been extraordinary.

HairyLegPirate

That was my initial reaction as well. But I thought the video (can’t remember which one, apologies) I saw made a good point that what’s missing is not necessarily the tension of a traditional story arc. I had not heard of Walt Disney’s “Cocktail Party Theory” before but looking at the old dark rides it’s pretty compelling. And for rides like that you need emotion, you need atmosphere, you need music, but you also need stuff. Animatronics. Sets. Costumes. Details. Physical things that cost money.
Physical things that cost money? Well then Lord knows we ain't gettin' em...

Tha Realest

Okay, it's definitely fixable.

Quick and easy fixes for a more entertaining ride imo.
I’m sorry, but in what universe does Imagineering override and revise the creative decisions of its company’s Senior Vice President and Executive Creative Development Product/Content & Inclusive Strategies for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP)?

ToTBellHop

I’m sorry, but in what universe does Imagineering override and revise the creative decisions of its company’s Senior Vice President and Executive Creative Development Product/Content & Inclusive Strategies for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP)?
WDI still gets to make the final call on floor tiles. If others tried to demand more inclusive bathroom tiles, Bruce can and would put his foot down.

_caleb

Of course a person is going to like it better actually physically riding it than watching it on screen.
Just like being at an actual concert and seeing the band live gives you a better experience than watching the performance on video.
Still - this ride could have been extraordinary.
I do not believe it is possible for TBA to please the majority of people posting in this thread.

_caleb

The people who have experienced the ride work for Disney or are lifestylers.

Shocking they would say positive things.
I would categorize most of the people who post frequently here "lifestylers." The difference is that here, the incentive is to be negative.

My point was that several fans who were initially unimpressed by TBA warmed up to it after experiencing it.

I'm not willing to completely dismiss all opinions by early reviewers as biased, Just like I'm not willing to accept all opinions by armchair critics here as being honest/objective.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Quite likely - no.
Disney took away a favorite ride of people, they are not happy and many are not going to give it a chance.
Still, Disney could have wowed us, and made it really difficult to deny that they did a better job.
This. If Disney had taken the time and made something that truly blew Splash out of the water, I'm sure many of us would be more forgiving for the replacement. But they didn't. They took a solid C/D ticket and shoved it into the corpse of a great E ticket. If they had revealed this was something like Jungle Cruise or a smaller water ride like Pirates this may be a hit, but because its so closely associated with Splash it misses for many.

sedati

Raise your hand if you knew the lyrics being sung in the "How do you do?" song on Splash Mountain (pre-internet).

Lower your hand if like me and my family you thought the line "Pretty good sure as you're born" was "Pretty good show us your bum". Dozens of rides and we couldn't even guess what the line really was. Perhaps this is why the ride really needed to go. ;)

Sir_Cliff

Raise your hand if you knew the lyrics being sung in the "How do you do?" song on Splash Mountain (pre-internet).

Lower your hand if like me and my family you thought the line "Pretty good sure as you're born" was "Pretty good show us your bum". Dozens of rides and we couldn't even guess what the line really was. Perhaps this is why the ride really needed to go. ;)
Yup, my whole family heard it that like too!

Musical Mermaid

My family had the "Friend Like Me" Disney Sing Along vhs and that song was on it, so I knew the lyrics.

Bayou

I'm very curious to see how Inside Out 2 is. I loved the first movie and the trailers make this one look like it SHOULD have the goods. If, for some reason, it ends up terrible, I'll be VERY concerned for the future over at Pixar.

Hoping for the best. And I do think, if it does well, we are likely to end up with some Inside Out at Epcot. They're desperate for new, hit films.
I heard its not very good/fine from someone who had the opportunity to watch it

Sectorkeeper71

I always heard it as “show us your *part of the male anatomy that also starts with “b”*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom