News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

peter11435

They know they have a stinker on their hands, that’s why they’re getting ahead of everything via means they control on social media and the bloggers.

Strap in, there is going to be so much synergistic cross promotion and shameless shilling of this attraction in the next couple of weeks that your eyes are going to bleed gumbo.
That’s not why they posted this.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
FWIW, if you showed a random (non-Disney fan) person a POV video of TBA, they wouldn’t understand what the hype is about either.
Attractions are built and redone to bring guests into the park to spend money. There is no indication at all the TBA is going to save a very underwhelming summer and fall season for WDW.

Brer Oswald

The last part of your post is completely accurate imo. Nothing would make them happy. I've shown this video to multiple people already and they all thought it was an upgrade. Of course that is very anecdotal, but I think will turn out that way with the majority of guests.
This is objectively not true. I’m probably the biggest fan of Splash, and a mere 2 days ago, I was getting excited based on what they showed. Now that I see the whole thing, it’s just laughable.

All of the critters are static. The entire first half of the ride is just a dark void with lighting place on the figures. The dialogue is cringe inducing. I still like the finale. But the rest of it? They screwed the pooch, and I think they could’ve made a worthy successor with the change in theme.

david10225

I dont understand why Mama Odie shrinks you? Those crazy tripping mushrooms dont do it for me nor the screens in that section. Think Tiana should have been better placed so you dont see her for such a long time before she kicks into motion. Otherwise, 2 plus hour waits guaranteed.

Disney Glimpses

This is objectively not true. I’m probably the biggest fan of Splash, and a mere 2 days ago, I was getting excited based on what they showed. Now that I see the whole thing, it’s just laughable.

All of the critters are static. The entire first half of the ride is just a dark void with lighting place on the figures. The dialogue is cringe inducing. I still like the finale. But the rest of it? They screwed the pooch, and I think they could’ve made a worthy successor with the change in theme.
I had a completely different impression of the voided areas. To me, it felt like we were leaving the scene were everyone was singing and dancing to a deeper, quiet part of the forest where you could prominently hear the crickets, etc.

That was actually my favorite part of the whole attraction.

Brer Oswald

I see that we've moved on to rude dismissal of opposing opinions already. Even quite a few of the people in this thread who were looking forward to this ride now think it looks disappointing.

I was never expecting this to be as good as Splash. The imagineers of the modern era have shown themselves to be incapable of the sort of talent that their predecessors had. And the leadership above them are enabling many of these poor decisions while allowing that old guard to vanish, as their skills and experience are lost to time and not passed on to others at WDI.

However, I was still willing to give it a chance to try and was somewhat of a "soft defender" of the ride early on as I had heard some positive things about it that intrigued me. This does not live up to the moderate expectations I had.

Splash Mountain was a 10/10 best of the best attraction. I was expecting and hoping for at least an 8/10 or maybe 8.5/10 from Tiana. Instead i'd probably give it a 6 or 7 at most.
I don’t even think it’s a top 5 attraction in the park anymore, and I was sure that wasn’t going to change. I think Little Mermaid might be better, even with all of the flaws that ride has. The only thing this has going for it is the Finale and the drop.

mightynine

But they might, no? PATF is a much more recently relevant and well known film to the general public.

It’s known to the Disney public. Since you specifically brought up non-Disney fans, I have some doubts about whether the general public is that excited for a PatF ride.

And before I get crucified, I’m saying this as someone who is a PatF fan.

plutofan15

Personally, I am amazed at shear number of expert ride designers in this forum. The untapped expertise is absolutely astounding. The fact that Disney or any other theme park has not snapped up these visionaries is sad indeed. Instead, this vast wealth of talent is left behind keyboards to pontificate their bottomless knowledge to other fanboy experts. In fact, the number of experts in all areas should have Disney (and Universal) combing this webpage for the obvious talent. Why we have experts here in ride & theme park design. Experts in transportation and infrastructure design. A wealth of hotel & room experts along with culinary/restaurant visionaries. Not to mention the wealth of talent regarding costumes, security, finance, management and horticulture. Job offers from major theme park operators should be arriving anytime now.

In the end it is just individual opinions. My opinion means no more than anybody else's opinion. And vice versa. Of course, if Vegas was taking odds when this project began as to which of those here that would end up disliking the ride based on early posts, I could have put my kids through college and paid off the mortgage. Disney is not perfect and has certainly made their share of missteps which I do not agree with or like. But those are just my opinions, it doesn't make anything wrong or right. If somebody does not like this retheme, that is fine. If somebody loves it, that is fine as well. I guess I cannot understand the deep feelings some have for a theme park ride. Good for them, I just can't comprehend getting so worked up over a ride. In the end, it is just a theme park ride and the change has absolutely no bearing on my life good or bad. If I like it, I will ride it. If I don't care for it, I won't ride it. And life will go on.
Have a magical weekend everyone.

Last edited:

Thelazer

You'd be surprised PlutoFan, there is some insane talent on these forums and those outside of WDI.
You should see the things other parks build and work on...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom