News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

RoyalFool

Has the same feeling a lot of other rides have after a re-theme, you can tell the ride came first and the story was laid on top, the final drop being a metaphor for making a splash at the party makes no sense. The new animatronics are neat, but that's unfortunately undermined by the use of screens in places where practical effects would have been better. Overall I'd say it's a step down, but not a complete disaster. The biggest problem is the tune is nowhere near as catchy!

Disney Glimpses

I mean, I just don't how some of you don't see that it's a clear technological upgrade. The AAs are much, much better, even if there are fewer. The set design is more detailed (albeit a different creative direction). Yes, the screen before the lift leaves a lot to be desired but otherwise I thought it was well done, well timed. It has it's mix of fun, calm and chaotic scenes.

Brian

I mean, I just don't how some of you don't see that it's a clear technological upgrade. The AAs are much, much better, even if there are fewer. The set design is more detailed (albeit a different creative direction). Yes, the screen before the lift leaves a lot to be desired but otherwise I thought it was well done, well timed. It has it's mix of fun, calm and chaotic scenes.
The AAs are the only thing I appreciate about the ride itself. They are very well done. The exterior lighting package is also nice.

AdventureHasAName

I mean, I just don't how some of you don't see that it's a clear technological upgrade.
It is and it isn't. The AAs that exist are mega-upgrades to what was there before. But there are probably 1/3rd of the # of AAs in this attraction than in the one it replaced. And at this point, I think the vast majority of Disney superfans hate screens; we just do; they are lazy.

pigglewiggle

When the Disney shield here start using words like decent and fine you know this is bad.

Soon we will be told we need to have a more nuanced discussion about the ride.

This will be fun to watch them defend.

Who are you exactly that someone should feel the need to defend anything to you? Let alone their own opinion.
You shouldn't be so bothered by other people's enjoyment of a ride video.

Disney Glimpses

FWIW, if you showed a random (non-Disney fan) person a POV video of Splash Mountain, they wouldn't understand what the hype is all about. I think a lot of you are looking for something that isn't even tangible. I don't even think you know what you were looking for. I personally find the sets way more immersive than Splash. As much as I loved Splash, I didn't feel a sense of depth beyond the walls of the attraction sets. Perhaps that's a product of them being daytime scenes. Regardless, while there are a few noticeable shortcuts (really just a handful of strategic locations where AAs should've been placed), I thought they did an excellent job.

MadderAdder

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom