News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

pigglewiggle

Looks great.

Tho, Louis should have gone atavistic and threatened to eat Tiana and the other critters, going into great detail of all the ways he would kill them. Then Tiana should have tricked Louis to get away. That would have made it perfect.

Perhaps at the top of the drop it could have been Louis's mouth wide open, and we ride down his throat, into his stomach and party with all the other critters he has eaten! Tension!

Trauma

FWIW, if you showed a random (non-Disney fan) person a POV video of Splash Mountain, they wouldn't understand what the hype is all about. I think a lot of you are looking for something that isn't even tangible. I don't even think you know what you were looking for. I personally find the sets way more immersive than Splash. As much as I loved Splash, I didn't feel a sense of depth beyond the walls of the attraction sets. Perhaps that's a product of them being daytime scenes. Regardless, while there are a few noticeable shortcuts (really just a handful of strategic locations where AAs should've been placed), I thought they did an excellent job.
Let me try to explain my simple thoughts on this.

I don’t remember who it was but a famous Magician once said “Even though you can’t explain it, you know Magic when you see it”.

I know Disney overuses the word Magic but Splash had the Magic.

It’s the same magic that Mansion, Tower and Spaceship Earth have.

You connect to the ride on a level beyond just a theme park ride. It’s an experience that transcends theme parks and gives you the sense that Disney truly is a special place to be cherished.

Am I able to put into words why Splash is light years ahead of Tiana? Nope.

I also can’t explain to you how truly amazing Magic tricks work.

But I tell ya what, I know it when I see it.

NateD1226

I mean, I just don't how some of you don't see that it's a clear technological upgrade. The AAs are much, much better, even if there are fewer. The set design is more detailed (albeit a different creative direction). Yes, the screen before the lift leaves a lot to be desired but otherwise I thought it was well done, well timed. It has it's mix of fun, calm and chaotic scenes.
I agree, the AAs look quite stunning. However, they don't do anything. Multiple times, Tiana just sits or stands, waiting to say something to riders. There is no purpose to any of her actions because, well, she has no actions lol. Trust me, I was right there with you in thinking that was going to be a great ride, constantly being tried of seeing all nonsensical, nitpicky complaints. However, I still think they could have done more to make the ride feel more alive. Is it a technological upgrade? Yes! Although, it does not feel like an improvement.

UNCgolf

Just watched the video -- I think it's a solid attraction, but I also think it's a definite downgrade from Splash.

That said, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as Splash (that's a high bar to clear), and it could have been significantly worse than it is.

The biggest issue is that it's very empty in places, and that the AAs aren't really doing anything. Even the band members seem quite limited, and the humans (and Louis) are mostly static and are basically just looking at you and gesturing.

I also personally think they should have just used the traditional 2D animated versions of Mama Odie, Louis, and Tiana for their screen appearances -- I understand why they didn't but they just felt off and didn't work well for me.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

Let me try to explain my simple thoughts on this.

I don’t remember who it was but a famous Magician once said “Even though you can’t explain it, you know Magic when you see it”.

I know Disney overuses the word Magic but Splash had the Magic.

It’s the same magic that Mansion, Tower and Spaceship Earth have.

You connect to the ride on a level beyond just a theme park ride. It’s an experience that transcends theme parks and gives you the sense that Disney truly is a special place to be cherished.

Am I able to put into words why Splash is light years ahead of Tiana? Nope.

I also can’t explain to how truly amazing Magic tricks work.

But I tell ya what, I know it when I see it.
Totally not dismissing that, and I totally agree that’s what Disney’s specialty is. I think you have to ride it first to be sure it’s not there though.

MerlinTheGoat

It is and it isn't. The AAs that exist are mega-upgrades to what was there before. But there are probably 1/3rd of the # of AAs in this attraction than in the one it replaced. And at this point, I think the vast majority of Disney superfans hate screens; we just do; they are lazy.
Not even 1/3rd, it's a quarter the amount.

The screens of the fireflies are good at least, all of the ones with characters are really bad though.

Tha Realest

I just wish all the bloggers and vloggers would actually, genuinely compare the two rides before they start their smiley chants about how good it is and how we should all just embrace change and stop complaining. Its this complacency with a lesser product that will keep giving us lesser and lesser products. They see the shiny new LED lights at night and fancy tech inside and will be wooed, but that's not pushing the boundaries of storytelling, its using the tech that is present at this moment. Creativity is found in the little moments that make you go wow, or get a jingle stuck in your head, or permeate pop culture, simply put, this does not have this.
But the. they won’t be invited back in two years for the next new attraction opening.

JustInTime

FWIW, if you showed a random (non-Disney fan) person a POV video of Splash Mountain, they wouldn't understand what the hype is all about. I think a lot of you are looking for something that isn't even tangible. I don't even think you know what you were looking for. I personally find the sets way more immersive than Splash. As much as I loved Splash, I didn't feel a sense of depth beyond the walls of the attraction sets. Perhaps that's a product of them being daytime scenes. Regardless, while there are a few noticeable shortcuts (really just a handful of strategic locations where AAs should've been placed), I thought they did an excellent job.
Great point. I have some complaints but overall think it’s an improvement.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
They know they have a stinker on their hands, that’s why they’re getting ahead of everything via means they control on social media and the bloggers.

Strap in, there is going to be so much synergistic cross promotion and shameless shilling of this attraction in the next couple of weeks that your eyes are going to bleed gumbo.

Fox&Hound

Can we PLEASE hide the TBA spoiler pictures on the main page? Like many others I’ve been following the details of this ride over the last year or so but now that it is finalized, I really don’t want to see the final interior product. If I was clicking on this thread and reading then I would expect to be spoiled, but can we please remove the spoiler pictures on the main page, please????? Moderators?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom