News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Trauma

With all due respect (and I really do respect the thought you put into your posts), you can’t yet declare the ride to be bland. The finished result may well confirm your impression—I suspect it will—but none of us is in a position to offer a definitive characterisation at this stage.
Yes but nothing we have seen so far has suggested that this is anything but a swing and a miss.

If they do have something better to show why wouldn’t they be putting that front and center to excite the fans?

You can still be right but I’m losing hope.

Sir_Cliff

My initial response to the song was a slight groan about another song telling me how special I am, but I have to be honest and admit that it really has got stuck in my head after just a couple of listens. It wouldn't surprise me if this is one of those songs that people come off the ride humming despite themselves!

As for how it fits for the finale, I still think the jury is out in part because the tone of this ride is supposed to be different to the original Splash. If this came after the original build up to the drop, it would feel a little odd. It's quite possible it will feel far more little a fitting finale to a more light-hearted ride.

pigglewiggle

My initial response to the song was a slight groan about another song telling me how special I am, but I have to be honest and admit that it really has got stuck in my head after just a couple of listens. It wouldn't surprise me if this is one of those songs that people come off the ride humming despite themselves!

As for how it fits for the finale, I still think the jury is out in part because the tone of this ride is supposed to be different to the original Splash. If this came after the original build up to the drop, it would feel a little odd. It's quite possible it will feel far more little a fitting finale to a more light-hearted ride.

I imagine people clapping along to it on the ride. It's a happy little tune.

Chi84

Premium Member
You can’t tell which bear is Big Al?

Are you also confused about what Mickey Mouse looks like?

This is the inevitable part of the discussion where we pretend everything about classic Disney is bad and dumb in an attempt to defend the latest attraction.
I think it’s in part because we’re seeing the tail end of the fans who grew up at the same time as Disney.

Mickey and Minnie will be known to all but my adult kids probably couldn’t pick out Big Al. They have different characters that mean Disney to them.

HonorableMention

I know we haven’t seen a full POV yet, but has anyone seen the “belly bouncing” they talked about with Louis in the animatronic reveal? I’m still not seeing it in the recent clips, but it could just be really subtle.

Trauma

Right about what? I haven’t said it’s going to be a success; until I can watch a video of the whole thing, I’m withholding judgement.
I guess it depends on your definition of success.

Some people just want a fun log flume to ride. For them it will be a success.

I think others are expecting a masterpiece on par with Splash.

So far we have seen nothing to suggest Tiana’s will be one of the greatest rides in Disney history.

SilentWindODoom

One of my favorite parts about the song is the opening. It just sounds like Tiana is just sorta jamming. The video quality we've gotten of the finale isn't the best, but I kinda think it's cute to come in on the sequence with her dancing to that before the music begins.

LittleBuford

So far we have seen nothing to suggest we are going to get close.
Others here seem to disagree with you, so I think it’s highly subjective.

For my part, I truly don’t feel I can tell one way or the other if it’s going to be something truly special. The newly revealed snippets of the last few days are uninformative enough that they don’t seem to have changed anyone’s mind.

ToTBellHop

You can’t tell which bear is Big Al?

Are you also confused about what Mickey Mouse looks like?

This is the inevitable part of the discussion where we pretend everything about classic Disney is bad and dumb in an attempt to defend the latest attraction.
There’s a lot of bears, I don’t know which one is which, and I still managed to enjoy CBJ. My point was more that you don’t have to know who everyone is in an attraction to enjoy it since someone was going off on Tiana wearing a different dress and that somehow being a problem.

Trixie will also change her dress and I still won’t know which one is Trixie vs. Teddi Barra. Doesn’t really matter. They all make me laugh.

Last edited:

JohnD

For my part, I truly don’t feel I can tell one way or the other if it’s going to be something truly special. The newly revealed snippets of the last few days are uninformative enough that they don’t seem to have changed anyone’s mind.
Yeah, I don't know whether it will be "truly special" but I think it will be a success because it's the MK log flume ride which will especially be popular during the summer.

Professortango1

The new footage has certainly dulled my expectations. I went from hoping for a great surprise to a general shrug of acceptance.

LittleBuford

The new footage has certainly dulled my expectations. I went from hoping for a great surprise to a general shrug of acceptance.
That surprises me, because your feelings about the ride seem essentially unchanged from what they were before the new footage. And that goes for just about everyone who’s posting here (myself included). I don’t recall anyone indicating that the footage shifted their opinion one way or the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom