News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JoeCamel

I think it’s safe to assume that 99% of Disney guests will associate a Tiana ride to New Orleans rather than a salt dome they’ve never heard of, outside of a few Disney nerds (aka us) I doubt many people will even be aware of the elaborate backstory Disney has come up with for this ride.
Tabasco? I'd say it is endemic to American culture.

Midwest Elitist

Avery Island is a loooonnngg way from New Orleans and water flows to the ocean, if you drove that far east or west in Florida from WDW your car would drown
It's a good attempt at justifying a meme retheme of a popular attraction. It would be a cool effect though that would make me hate the water tower less.

Imagine if the laughing place becomes a turntable and you go down the drop backwards. Would be pretty cool IMO.

Smiley/OCD

I think it’s safe to assume that 99% of Disney guests will associate a Tiana ride to New Orleans rather than a salt dome they’ve never heard of, outside of a few Disney nerds (aka us) I doubt many people will even be aware of the elaborate backstory Disney has come up with for this ride.
Kinda like the back story of the previous attraction….

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's a good attempt at justifying a meme retheme of a popular attraction. It would be a cool effect though that would make me hate the water tower less.

Imagine if the laughing place becomes a turntable and you go down the drop backwards. Would be pretty cool IMO.
Have far away is it in the universe in which people can turn into frogs?

Touchdown

I don’t think the cost of projection mapping is the most paramount issue at the Disney parks
No it’s not by I don’t see the point in putting effects like this in when Disney has a horrible record of maintaining lighting effects on buildings that aren’t a park icon or part of a night show. (HM’s moving candle, popcorn lights on GF/MSUSA, etc.)

Smiley/OCD

I am fine with Tiana...I am fine with New Orleans, I am baffled by "Tiana's Foods" and the water tower....
A totally over-reaching storyline which feels completely inauthentic.
See now what would’ve been cool would be to have water shoot out of the tank aimed at the drop…OR have it leak/spit water at the guests the way the camels do…

Corylancaster

I am fine with Tiana...I am fine with New Orleans, I am baffled by "Tiana's Foods" and the water tower....
A totally over-reaching storyline which feels completely inauthentic.
My guess is that they are going to take us on a tour of Tiana's Foods and while on the tour the Water Tower leaks/busts open causing a flood/waterfall that we have to go down to get out. That's the only explanation I can come up with for why they are making a big deal out of the water tower...

dmw

In the Parks
No
My guess is that they are going to take us on a tour of Tiana's Foods and while on the tour the Water Tower leaks/busts open causing a flood/waterfall that we have to go down to get out. That's the only explanation I can come up with for why they are making a big deal out of the water tower..
This suggested plot line reminds me of Universal's backlot tour where they have the "flash flood"...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom