News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

I don’t understand. All of the VQ rides were built with a Standby line. The digital display just displays BGs until they switch off the VQ. Then it shows a Standby wait time.
1715017540138.jpeg

Last edited:

Purduevian

Is it possible they are waiting to see how the DAS changes affect DAS usage on high in demand attractions before announcing BG vs Standby for this attraction?

My understanding that BGs were originally created for ROTR because the ride was so unreliable, basically they didn't want to dump a 5 hour line.

What purpose do they serve now on more reliable rides such as Guardians and Tron? From a park operations standby I would think longer lines takes the stress off the rest of the park AND drives ILL purchases. Add in a snack kiosk 2 hours in and I would think it would be a big win operations.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I just don't see a world where it isn't Virtual Queue for at least the first week or month or so. It's clearly proven to be great from an ops standpoint for new rides and I supposed the hit to guest ratings for having to deal with VQ is less than the hit that comes from 3+ hour waits on a ride that's so new it's likely to break down frequently.

Even Journey of Water had a virtual queue for its first day (maybe first few days) and that's a walk through

That being said the practicality of a virtual queue for an outdoor water ride (something where it's demand as well as its ability operate is greatly effected by the weather/time of day) and the reliability of a proven effective ride system (Splash already worked and changes to the ride system basically just improved it from what we've heard) make me think that it won't stay on VQ for long

ToTBellHop

Is it possible they are waiting to see how the DAS changes affect DAS usage on high in demand attractions before announcing BG vs Standby for this attraction?

My understanding that BGs were originally created for ROTR because the ride was so unreliable, basically they didn't want to dump a 5 hour line.

What purpose do they serve now on more reliable rides such as Guardians and Tron? From a park operations standby I would think longer lines takes the stress off the rest of the park AND drives ILL purchases. Add in a snack kiosk 2 hours in and I would think it would be a big win operations.
If new attractions are meant to attract new and returning guests, making them wait five hours to experience the new attraction does not exactly create the warmest, fondest thoughts of your $10,000 vacation, and make you want to book another or tell someone else to book another. I think virtual queue makes sense for new rides, but I wish they would figure out when to remove an attraction from the virtual queue. GotG should have come off last year.

Purduevian

If new attractions are meant to attract new and returning guests, making them wait five hours to experience the new attraction does not exactly create the warmest, fondest thoughts of your $10,000 vacation, and make you want to book another or tell someone else to book another. I think virtual queue makes sense for new rides, but I wish they would figure out when to remove an attraction from the virtual queue. GotG should have come off last year.
True... we on this forums know the ins and outs of the VQ system... However I also assume there are families that miss the VQ on their one day at MK/EPCOT and can't believe they can't just get in line.

ToTBellHop

True... we on this forums know the ins and outs of the VQ system... However I also assume there are families that miss the VQ on their one day at MK/EPCOT and can't believe they can't just get in line.
People complain about ANY new attraction opening and the same ones who whine about missing the VQ were the ones who showed up late and whined about the 5-hour lines 10 years ago. At least with the VQ, they can say, “try again this afternoon” to diffuse some anger and keep the cast safe. Some guests get belligerent.

Professortango1

As a visiting guest, I'd rather show up and wait 5 hours to ride the one attraction I came to see rather than find out that I didn't win the lottery and made the trip for nothing while regulars win multiple boarding groups week after week because of the low investment it requires to join a boarding group.

I went to Disneyland the day Indiana Jones Adventure opened. I waited in that epic line 3 times that day and loved it.

A long line acts as a deterrent for those unwilling to dedicate the time required to see a new attraction. When Rise opened, would folks have waited 5-6 hours to ride for the 10th time? Some would, sure. But others would decide it isn't worth it and go to other attractions. However, if it just involves being there at opening with a charged phone, then why not try and get in a group?

Last edited:

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Why not just make it 100% ILL? All that extra revenue, none of the headaches or regular guests. Disney has shown they have no shame when it comes to milking the guest for every last cent.

ToTBellHop

That extra 10% surely could mean an extra bit of bling for Bob's yacht.
He doesn’t have a yacht. Sweaters get mildew from excessive sea spray. He’s the type to drive a Vespa.

1715021759680.gif

Can’t you just picture him with his little helmet on? Safety first, last, and always unless it’s Space Mtn. Then safety at some unspecified, but always at least several years out, date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom