News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

pigglewiggle

As a visiting guest, I'd rather show up and wait 5 hours to ride the one attraction I came to see rather than find out that I didn't win the lottery and made the trip for nothing while regulars win multiple boarding groups week after week because of the low investment it requires to join a boarding group.

I went to Disneyland the day Indiana Jones Adventure opened. I waited in that epic line 3 times that day and loved it.

A long line acts as a deterrent for those unwilling to dedicate the time required to see a new attraction. When Rise opened, would folks have waited 5-6 hours to ride for the 10th time? Some would, sure. But others would decide it isn't worth it and go to other attractions. However, if it just involves being there at opening with a charged phone, then why not try and get in a group?

I would imagine besides VQ, it will also be an individual LL.
Yes, you'll have to pay extra for it, but if you get up early enough, you'll definitely get on.

So at least there's that.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes, you'll have to pay extra for it, but if you get up early enough, you'll definitely get on.

Yep. I was thinking it would be this way for at least 12 months. But then someone reminded me that the ride likely won’t be very popular come January, when daytime temps can and usually do drop into the 50’s and 60’s. Splash didn’t close every January and/or February as a coincidence.

Purduevian

ILL will probably also sell out in the first few minutes. Again we (WDW forum users) will know the ins and outs of all of this, however, imagine someone that is planning to eat lunch (ending at 1:15pm)before waiting in what they think will be a very long line for the brand new Tiana ride... only to be turned away and told to come back another day.

ToTBellHop

ILL will probably also sell out in the first few minutes. Again we (WDW forum users) will know the ins and outs of all of this, however, imagine someone that is planning to eat lunch (ending at 1:15pm)before waiting in what they think will be a very long line for the brand new Tiana ride... only to be turned away and told to come back another day.
There are VQs elsewhere so that particular family is so clueless to the point that they will never enjoy a WDW vacation because they will have planned nothing.

pigglewiggle

We were able to purchase rides at 7am quite soon after Rat opened in Epcot, same for Guardians. Bite the bullet, get up early that day. Have two people trying. It can be done.

I don't pay attention, but when someone purchases tickets, does it inform you about Genie + and the like?

Professortango1

There are VQs elsewhere so that particular family is so clueless to the point that they will never enjoy a WDW vacation because they will have planned nothing.
I've never been to a theme park and been told I cannot wait in line to ride an open attraction. Not once. If I was a casual family going for the first time in a decade or so, why would I assume it would be different?

The need to research and over plan every aspect of visiting a Disney park is one of the things that most guests hate about the experience. And now adding the ability to ride some attractions at all to the things that must be planned and managed is a step in the wrong direction.

It reminds me of Regal Movie Theatres which have eliminated ticket sellers. My dad has to wait at the concession stand line for several minutes longer to buy a ticket. He could pay at the kiosk, but the kiosk doesn't feature a place to swipe the loyalty card. Now it is all app-based. Except my dad doesn't own a cell phone and will never. So now, he just goes to a different movie theatre that is easier to deal with. And that doesn't start their movies 8-12 minutes late every time.

Brer Oswald

The VQ will be useful for opening week with all the local bloggers and vloggers, but will be pointless soon after. Not to say the ride won’t be popular, but for most of the day, standby probably won’t be over an hour. Lots of people preview the drop before getting in line and either decide “oh that looks like fun” or “I don’t want to do that drop/get wet”.

If it’s a VQ, you’re going to have a ton of newbies that just book it cause it’s the new thing, then walk over and go “oh it’s a log flume? Pass”.

Purduevian

This is the first one aimed at families...
I still think VQ is bad for customer service and park ops IF the ride is expected to be reliable.

I honestly wonder if the DAS changes are needed to drop GOTG off VQ and before the G+ prebook can happen.

Brer Oswald

This is the first one aimed at families...
I still think VQ is bad for customer service and park ops IF the ride is expected to be reliable.

I honestly wonder if the DAS changes are needed to drop GOTG off VQ and before the G+ prebook can happen.
Rat had VQ and that is a much kiddier ride than this. Mickey had it too in DL for a few weeks.

I’d argue that even Rise is more of a family/non thrill ride than Splash/Tiana.

Purduevian

Rat had VQ and that is a much kiddier ride than this. Mickey had it too in DL for a few weeks.

I’d argue that even Rise is more of a family/non thrill ride than Splash/Tiana.
You are right, I 100% forgot RAT had it and Mickey in DLR. ROTR and Tiana both have a 40in height requirement but I would argue the source material of the ride skews lower on this one.

It is probably worth the VQ for the first few weeks so it doesn't build 4+ hour lines... but after that I think it should move to standby pretty quickly.

Incomudro

I've never been to a theme park and been told I cannot wait in line to ride an open attraction. Not once. If I was a casual family going for the first time in a decade or so, why would I assume it would be different?

The need to research and over plan every aspect of visiting a Disney park is one of the things that most guests hate about the experience. And now adding the ability to ride some attractions at all to the things that must be planned and managed is a step in the wrong direction.

It reminds me of Regal Movie Theatres which have eliminated ticket sellers. My dad has to wait at the concession stand line for several minutes longer to buy a ticket. He could pay at the kiosk, but the kiosk doesn't feature a place to swipe the loyalty card. Now it is all app-based. Except my dad doesn't own a cell phone and will never. So now, he just goes to a different movie theatre that is easier to deal with. And that doesn't start their movies 8-12 minutes late every time.
The idea that phones are a requirement to do certain things drives me nuts.
An aid, yes - I can see that.
But something that must be carried?

Last edited:

Splash4eva

I get most people on these boards are smarter than other Disney visitors but does anyone vacation anywhere anymore completely blind without looking into things? The internet is a beautiful place…. Like every new island i visit or place i travel to im asking people and looking online for info. Doesnt take much

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240506_161434.jpg
20240506_161534.jpg

I'm waiting for ride testing — will keep you guys updated.

Professortango1

I get most people on these boards are smarter than other Disney visitors but does anyone vacation anywhere anymore completely blind without looking into things? The internet is a beautiful place…. Like every new island i visit or place i travel to im asking people and looking online for info. Doesnt take much
I might look up what attractions are under refurbishment, but I wouldn't do extensive research, even if I wasn't a theme park nerd. I grew up going to Disneyland and vacations to WDW, so I wouldn't expect the experience to be so different where I would need to do work heading in.

I'm certain most casual tourists think that visiting WDW or DLR is like visiting any other theme park, just a little bigger. They have more parks to visit and on-site hotels, but I wouldn't think I would need to do much beyond just buy my travel package. Heck, I'd be confused by the need to have a park reservation since nobody else does that anymore.

It is like when I visit New York; I see what plays are running, where is the best deal for lodging, and that's about it. I don't need to worry about apps and travel guides and planning every second. I just go and see what interests me. Then I do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom