News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I saw a video on that the other day from someone that was apparently riding on the log behind them (I haven't clicked the link so maybe that is the source). Unfortunately since it was headphones we couldn't hear what they were listening to and there was enough distance that you couldn't make out the track names on the device (but would they really just make those obvious?)

The guy in the video did mention that it's not necessarily that they have the final audio (maybe just some ideas or a work in progress). For all we know they could have just been listening to tracks from the movie that they felt would go in certain scenes.
Almost there!

celluloid

Imagineers typically do their own voice work before getting anything in the studio recorded as of course, it is a lot more costly with the talent's contracts. They will not be recording until one of the later times they get the voice actors in the studio for the show.

Smiley/OCD

Walt would've used real salt
BD77BEC1-0ED9-4381-BF9F-79C2984EB1AD.jpeg

Here you go…LOTS of salt…

lewisc

Draft Kings should have an over under with the reopening, with odds on the month and year of the reopening…I’m definitely taking the over with a spring 2025 opening.
I'll take that under. I think Disney will open the attraction no later then 4Q 2024... no matter how many moving statutes are replaced with fixed figures or even screens.
Hopefully not as obvious as Spaceship Earth

I'm assuming the track and associated components don’t need significantly more work then anticipated.

I agree with PP, Disney wants to significantly reduce maintenance and operating costs.

Smiley/OCD

I'll take that under. I think Disney will open the attraction no later then 4Q 2024... no matter how many moving statutes are replaced with fixed figures or even screens.

I'm assuming the track and associated components don’t need significantly more work then anticipated.

I agree with PP, Disney wants to significantly reduce maintenance and operating costs.
Good luck!! I’m sticking with the over…

ppete1975

I totally agree with 2024, I think alot of the attraction has already been built off site in the time they had, and the budget paying for it has probably been slowly on the books since the announcement. So now its strip the mountain, rock work and other building. The quicker it opens and hopefully wows people the sooner people forget about splash mountain (in Disneys eyes), if its down for multiple years then it just adds to the controversy and people missing splash. It took what a year to do Frozen and there wasnt the rush that I think you will see here.

Smiley/OCD

I totally agree with 2024, I think alot of the attraction has already been built off site in the time they had, and the budget paying for it has probably been slowly on the books since the announcement. So now its strip the mountain, rock work and other building. The quicker it opens and hopefully wows people the sooner people forget about splash mountain (in Disneys eyes), if its down for multiple years then it just adds to the controversy and people missing splash. It took what a year to do Frozen and there wasnt the rush that I think you will see here.
There will undoubtedly be unexpected surprises that were not factored in or expected which will cause delays into 2025. Just my take…if I had a dollar for every construction project that was finished on time, I’d die broke like I’m going to do now…

LSLS

True, but I thought one reason things take so long is they prefer to have things hit in smaller increments across multiple quarters. Maelstrom closed October of 2014, and Frozen Ever After opened June of 2016. If they have the exact same timeline, that puts it at October, 2024 (oh, guess question, Q4 or fiscal Q4?). This seems like it should be a bigger scale. They might want it by Christmas, but I could see them delaying it to spring 2025 just because no need to rush it for the cold times. You don't want a look of it having short waits even if it's due to the cold.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It's been reported by Some Other Site that the pressed penny machine that became unavailable when Splash construction walls went up has been moved outside the construction walls and guests now have access to it again.
Appreciate the heads up, MrP, I was able to get a few Splash Mountain pressed pennies earlier today. Oh, and btw, there are two machines not too far from each other, each with different SM designs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom