News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Otherwise, people will discuss why they think your criticisms do or don’t have a valid basis.
I don't have an issue with that at all. What seems wrong to me is when people imply I shouldn't share my opinion because it's "invalid" to them. Also to make veiled accusations that I have some sort of secondary agenda to see the ride fail. I mean, we're all here because we like this stuff.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

so believe it or not you guys, most rides at Disney do in fact have a cheesy dialog played while you wait in line!

Smugglers Run, Incredicoaster, guardians of the galaxy, etc.

You guys will take anything you can and run with it to bash this ride!
wow all rides that i don't like at all

are you referring to mission breakout or cosmic rewind with this statement though?

Gusey

Also, are the sound levels just blaringly annoying in test mode for this thing?

Why can we hear it from the other side of this construction wall? Is there a diegetic source?

Or is this an awkward themed delay announcement without any context to tell people that is what it is.
I think you're missing the part that they are testing the audio. They might also be aware that the audio is too loud and will be adjusting, hence the testing mode

celluloid

I think you're missing the part that they are testing the audio. They might also be aware that the audio is too loud and will be adjusting, hence the testing mode

I don't think I am missing it? That falls under why there was JUST in there or if there was some other reason. I was asking since we have people in the know on the project. In my other posts I give that benefit of the doubt.

Gusey

I don't think I am missing it? That falls under why there was JUST in there or if there was some other reason. I was asking since we have people in the know on the project. In my other posts I give that benefit of the doubt.
I'm sorry if it's just how I read it, but it sounded like you were complaining about them testing the audio levels during a test phase. But to answer you're question, you can hear it louder because it is in a test phase and they are testing that part of the audio. Before, they were testing the background music. Until they test everything at the same time, you'll only be able to hear the bits being tested.

celluloid

I sure hope that is the case. The audio for this thing has been loud in the past with other testing too from the pathways, such as the songs with lyrics from the film, which could have been used to monitor sound I suppose but I have not seen any confirmation on that.
I'm sorry if it's just how I read it, but it sounded like you were complaining about them testing the audio levels during a test phase. But to answer you're question, you can hear it louder because it is in a test phase and they are testing that part of the audio. Before, they were testing the background music. Until they test everything at the same time, you'll only be able to hear the bits being tested.

No worries. Above, I quoted myself from earlier saying I hope it is the case and the audio in the past had also been loud. Saying that it could have been used to monitor the sound(testing)

Last edited:

Incomudro

Yes, the ride with a 50 foot drop is for babies.

Just like Space Mountain which doesn't have any villains or any kinds of threats or sense of adventure. Just for babies.
But PatF did have a villain.
Not only did it have one, he was a great one - essential to the story (as are all Disney villains) and one that excellent songs went along with.
Yes we've still got the drop, but the arc of this story could have been so great.

MerlinTheGoat

Just like Space Mountain which doesn't have any villains or any kinds of threats or sense of adventure. Just for babies.
Space Mountain doesn't have any characters, dialog or even story at all. Nor is it based on an IP (or wasn't, some versions got a dumb Star Wars overlay, no fault of the original concept though). There was never any expectation or desire that it would have a villain.

Tiana is not only based directly on an IP, but one that had a fantastic villain that is arguably the best and most memorable part of the movie.

Last edited:

Professortango1

A 50 foot drop is not for babies. Which is why people on here are confused and annoyed that Disney is trying to make the ride be devoid of fear and negative emotions that help make a thrill ride....a thrill ride. Splash had the lift hill themed to the dread you feel when going up any lift hill before a big drop. Y'know, like even on a roller coaster. Like Space Mountain. And how the lift hill music for versions with music have a sense of dread and tension. Because that's what people are naturally going to feel.

The new Disney is trying to gaslight us with selling thrilling experiences as devoid of tension. They did this with Mission BO by trying to take the fear out of a ride built and designed to be scary. They are doing it with Splash by making it a fun leap into the Bayou from our beloved Mama Odie. It causes a disconnect when we feel one thing but the ride is telling us to feel something contrary.

It would be like filling the Haunted Mansion sets with happy clowns and smiling children to make it feel more friendly and less scary for kids. But that disconnect actually makes the experience stranger and more unsettling in an unwanted way.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
It would be like filling the Haunted Mansion sets with happy clowns and smiling children to make it feel more friendly and less scary for kids. But that disconnect actually makes the experience stranger and more unsettling in an unwanted way.
Reminds me of when they added children's laughter into Stitch's Great Escape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom