News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
The big frog is "very copacetic." This was confusing for me so I Googled it:
1712769302861.png

I see that they are using a word that is thought to have started in casual southern African American speech, but I don't think this one works.

Tony the Tigger

My only worry with the frogs is that they look static. Maybe it's just the picture they chose, but they look more like statues than I hoped they would. I'm sure they'll move some. I hope they move some.
Not to single you out, there are many examples of posts like yours - but I'm so glad I don't think like this.

I don't even want to see previews, I keep coming across them in feeds all over the internet. Tell me when it's open, and I'll go on and see it for myself. I don't watch ride videos. I want to experience it for myself the first time and form my own opinion.

I can't imagine "worrying" about whether frogs in a Disney attraction are or are not static.

Put me in the flume. Whee! Probably one and done because I rarely go when it's that hot and don't love getting wet.
None of this bothers me, but it ties in with the parks current obsession with spelling out and explaining everything to guests.
It's unnecessary.
It's unnecessary, and leads to even more in the weeds discussions like these.

And then the people who were definitely, definitely going to hate it and pointed out everything "wrong," will be in line and taking selfies.

JohnD

My only nitpick about the truck is that it looks too new (new paint job)…IMHO, it should look USED & WORN, like it’s been an integral part of Tiana Foods…I don’t think there would’ve been so many “brand new” looking vehicles during that era with the Great Depression looming on the horizon…every business vehicle I’ve ever seen LOOKS used, not new…just sayin’…
Can someone upload the truck photo separately? My ISP is having difficulty pulling the Instagram photo.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Looking at the art of the band of the four frogs side by side with the photo of that show scene with the frogs, it's very clear that they are in fact the same characters. They share identical designs. But it also seems like this photo is probably nearer the beginning of the ride, while they will appear again later probably in the Laughing Place playing their instruments.

Given how small these figures probably are, I'm not willing to assume they will have significant movement. The ones playing instruments will likely have a bit at least (if the shrinking rumor had been true then they could have been human sized and large proper AAs), but the ones in the photo i'm not even sure will move at all (maybe a little bit, but probably not much). Even the instrument playing variants could conceivable be limited motion figures similar to Little Mermaid, especially going by what we've seen from the relatively larger Beaver with its simplistic movement. And if that does end up being the case, i'd definitely not classify them as animatronics.

So either those additional normal frogs aren't present in the set photo they released, or they've just opted to use duplicate designs of the main four frogs for the minor ones as well.
The non animatronics are Felipe, Mayra, Mondo, and Isabel just in a different scene. Throughout the journey, they'll stand as statues, silently observing us, and be the surprise last animatronic group of critters.
You guys are right, my apologies. I read the article again and it makes sense now. I blame my tired brain this morning.

aladdin2007

That was my point…the water tower was designed to look “rustic” worn, and fitting…the truck looks like it’s on loan from the Henry Ford museum…I really don’t care about the lettering and font style..no one’s delivery trucks look “showroom” fresh…not Domino’s pizza, not FedEx or even UPS.
and it looks like its under the mural making it even worse

JohnD

That was my point…the water tower was designed to look “rustic” worn, and fitting…the truck looks like it’s on loan from the Henry Ford museum…I really don’t care about the lettering and font style..no one’s delivery trucks look “showroom” fresh…not Domino’s pizza, not FedEx or even UPS.
But if it's a display model meant to be put in front of your business, would you have a worn old rustbucket? No. You would have one clean and fresh. And even if were used like FedEx or UPS (Dominos doesn't count. People use their own cars), wouldn't you want a brand new car?

Tony the Tigger

Maybe Tiana is very proud of her new business and cleans it every day.

mickEblu

Not to single you out, there are many examples of posts like yours - but I'm so glad I don't think like this.

I don't even want to see previews, I keep coming across them in feeds all over the internet. Tell me when it's open, and I'll go on and see it for myself. I don't watch ride videos. I want to experience it for myself the first time and form my own opinion.

I can't imagine "worrying" about whether frogs in a Disney attraction are or are not static.

Put me in the flume. Whee! Probably one and done because I rarely go when it's that hot and don't love getting wet.

And then the people who were definitely, definitely going to hate it and pointed out everything "wrong," will be in line and taking selfies.

Lol imagine spending this much time in a Disney theme park chat room and stating this with a straight face.

Last edited:

Incomudro

I do agree that some weathering would have been preferable, maybe more so given the time and location the ride is supposed to take place in - when roads would have often been in poor shape, and dirt and mud would be plentiful.
I do see plenty of very new looking delivery vehicles around today though - but we've got car washes, and a myriad of paint protective products.

JohnD

I prefer queues that set the premise while you walk through without any "setup". Pirates, Big Thunder, 7DMT, Peter Pan, Rat, and Slinky come to mind. HM and ToT have a short setup then its on to the ride.

Others just get annoying over time. Pandora ("Oooh!") with all the jumping around etc., DINOSAUR, GOTG which everyone ignores and rushes to the doors on the right, etc.

Just have a nice themed queue and let me board, thank you. Presumably, Tiana's queue will be just like Splash's in that there's a story there if you want to look at it. Otherwise, just keep walking to the boarding area.

LittleBuford

Interesting choice of Afro-Cuban jazz. I believe Afro-Cuban jazz popularized in the 1940s (after the ride setting period) far away from Louisiana in, I think, New York. Some New Orleans jazz musicians have some Spanish and African influence but I don't believe that Afro Cuban is a style that would have been played in bayou / New Orleans, and certainly not in the era the attraction is set. New Orleans jazz and Dixieland jazz, like heard in the film, would have been more accurate. They are more about harmony whereas Afro-Cuban jazz is more about rhythm. So Afro-Cuban music is shoe-horned into an attraction itself shoe-horned. 😅

That said, New Orleans jazz and Dixieland jazz will live on, and maybe still represented in the ride, but if inclusion of Afro-Cuban jazz introduces people to the style and does anything to help keep the style alive then I think it's worth it.
Knowing nothing about this topic, I looked it up, and it seems New Orleans was one of the first places in the US where Cuban jazz made an impact. This was in the early twentieth century.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I do agree that some weathering would have been preferable, maybe more so given the time and location the ride is supposed to take place in - when roads would have often been in poor shape, and dirt and mud would be plentiful.
I do see plenty of very new looking delivery vehicles around today though - but we've got car washes, and a myriad of paint protective products.
Yes because hand washing with soap and water and using carnauba wax on vehicles was only invented in modern times.

mickEblu

Knowing nothing about this topic, I looked it up, and it seems New Orleans was one of the first places in the US where Cuban jazz made an impact. This was in the early twentieth century.

I really enjoy Afro Cuban jazz. It instantly puts you in a good mood. My wife is Cuban. Think they should have stuck to the Dixieland Jazz for this ride though. With that said I’ll reserve final judgment after I ride and hear how all the music comes together.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I prefer queues that set the premise while you walk through without any "setup". Pirates, Big Thunder, 7DMT, Peter Pan, Rat, and Slinky come to mind. HM and ToT have a short setup then its on to the ride.

Others just get annoying over time. Pandora ("Oooh!") with all the jumping around etc., DINOSAUR, GOTG which everyone ignores and rushes to the doors on the right, etc.

Just have a nice themed queue and let me board, thank you. Presumably, Tiana's queue will be just like Splash's in that there's a story there if you want to look at it. Otherwise, just keep walking to the boarding area.
I think there’s a time and place for both. I especially appreciate pre-shows that either help make an otherwise more mundane experience feel special (Enchanted Tales) or add some length and spectacle to a shorter ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom