News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Kirby86

The final ingredient to the mystery dish they are trying to cook is an extract derived from human fear... the big thing Disney hasn't told us yet is that this is a mashup between Are You Afraid of the Dark and Tiana... they are making Fear Soup! (And no, you don't need to remind me that Are You Afraid of the Dark is owned hy Nickelodeon/Paramount and not Disney... this is my insane theory and I'm sticking with it!)
Well Disney already license out IP from Paramount so there's a chance.

FettFan

The point of this stupid replacement is not "fun". It's to preach and apologize and, IMO, grovel.

I think the bigger issue is merchandise sales. The “diversity” angle was just a red herring.

I was at World of Disney this past week, and Tiana ceramic kitchenware had a rather large showing.

Just you wait and we’ll see Tiana Foods charcuterie sets, Flapper Tiana glassware, and those novelty toasters that burn Froggy Naveen into the side of the bread.

1136199.jpg

Sir_Cliff

Theoretically that would make her what so many have been asking for, a creative that understands budget and numbers or a anti-joe
Sorry to divert the thread a little, but I'm always a little curious about Joe Rhode being held up as being the poster child of out-of-control budgets. It doesn't seem to me that his projects are uniquely expensive, the only thing that does stand out about his projects is that they have generally been executed to a higher-standard. Does he just get held up because a few of his projects have involved research trips?

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Sorry to divert the thread a little, but I'm always a little curious about Joe Rhode being held up as being the post child of out-of-control budgets. It doesn't seem to me that his projects are uniquely expensive, the only thing that does stand out about his projects is that they have generally been executed to a higher-standard. Does he just get held up because a few of his projects have involved research trips?
More the posted pictures showing the great, extraordinary, incredible lengths he went to bring you themeing so good sometimes you don't know it is themed. He was the big cheese with the target on him

UNCgolf

Sorry to divert the thread a little, but I'm always a little curious about Joe Rhode being held up as being the post child of out-of-control budgets. It doesn't seem to me that his projects are uniquely expensive, the only thing that does stand out about his projects is that they have generally been executed to a higher-standard. Does he just get held up because a few of his projects have involved research trips?

It doesn't really make any sense. A few posters single him out constantly, but nothing he did re: budgets was really out of the ordinary for WDI as a whole and it hasn't changed since he left. I think that definitively shows it's an overall WDI problem and not anything specific to Joe Rohde.

The only real difference is that his expensive projects that potentially went over budget generally turned out much better than anything anyone else does.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Additional photos from above the construction walls -

My first thought was they flattened the gift shop:oops:....but thanks for sharing........;) As hard as it is to see I like to have looks at what is happening there......

TomboyJanet

I look forward to the replacement of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah with Boom Boom Pow.
lmao The Reason I said this was they said they are writing a new soundtrack and my friend and I were joking how they'll probably just get some celebrity to sing a depressing song about the struggles of life or something or something that's supposed to sound uplifting but instead sounds patronizing.

My first thought was they flattened the gift shop:oops:....but thanks for sharing........;) As hard as it is to see I like to have looks at what is happening there......
Yeah like I said I just want to get the bad news over with. Ta-Dah! They made a boring ride where you watch tv again

JoeCamel

Much as this pains me, the bright side is that they clearly have a plan, seem to be concerned about getting it done in the time frame they claim, and are going for it.
If they're going to do this (well, they ARE doing it) they'd better do it right.
Their rapid approach on it gives me some hope.
Maybe they know the plan is tight and are hoping everything goes along hoping for the best?

MerlinTheGoat

Also this video is kinda funny because I imagine them all being like "screen one goes here and screen two goes there and here is just the wall of nothing and there is where we put the ad for disney plus.."
For what it's worth, I'll reiterate that i've heard the ride is going to emphasize practical sets and characters, not empty rooms lined with video projection.

And also unlike everything else they build now, it will seemingly still retain a very large population of animatronics. Even surpassing the amount Splash has. While I do trust the source, it was still very hard to believe this. But I've now come to think it could be accurate after the most recent piece of art of one particular scene has a larger quantity of characters over Splash. Even the new human AA's are apparently traditional style with physical non-projected faces, ala Tokyo's Beauty and the Beast and other upcoming Fantasy Springs attractions (my guess is they're probably the same type of models).

I still have ample other concerns about the ride such as whether the story, script and music will be any good (though i've also even heard positive things about these aspects from someone who was and still is vehemently against the closure of Splash). And whether the current crop of imagineers on this project are even capable of creating quality physical scenery (if this ended up being another Little Mermaid debacle, it wouldn't even matter if the sets were physical or video). But i've heard enough at this point to provide me with some comfort that it won't be another empty video screen ride at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom