News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Homemade Imagineering

That's an eel? It looks more like an alligator to me... although not like one of the gators from the movie.
I can’t quite tell tbh, that’s what I initially thought. Do certain eels even live in the bayou? It’s a something for sure… but it looks alot less friendly than the other critters. To make up for a potential lack of suspense I’d love the spooky swamp ambiance Scary Adventures had, easily the biggest loss from the refresh I loved those gators

_caleb

These are great photos, thank you!

Re: The first two, I wonder what's happening around the bottom of the Drop - That Green Railing looks permanent, so there's likely some theming to obscure it that hasn't been installed yet:
I’ve noticed that in photos also, I do hope they have a plan to hide that.
Was that green railing always there, and just obscured by the briar patch? It doesn't look new to me...

yensidtlaw1969

Was that green railing always there, and just obscured by the briar patch? It doesn't look new to me...

It likely was behind the patch. Based on rendering, should be covered by vegetation.

I believe it is new - previously the Briar Patch completely consumed the area, even spilling over the wall towards the Guests as they plunged:

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 8.35.54 PM.png

SilentWindODoom

The rain helped make the top photo look more like the finished product because the front area has yet been artificially filled by water.

View attachment 769214

When I first saw this pic, I was considering joking that that Florida rain is crazy, because I didn't think it could possibly be that it got that full just on a day's rainfall.

That Florida rain is crazy. :jawdrop:

Why would they block the view of the drop? That's an odd choice.

To make the mountain look smaller.

These are great photos, thank you!

Re: The first two, I wonder what's happening around the bottom of the Drop - That Green Railing looks permanent, so there's likely some theming to obscure it that hasn't been installed yet:

View attachment 769264

There's always been talk about Splash getting past mandates for railings by never closing long enough so it remained grandfathered into the old regulations. I wonder if this is a place where the long closure has finally got them. The art looks like it will be well hidden. Hopefully any other new railings are as hidden.

yensidtlaw1969

To make the mountain look smaller.
They're not actually hiding the drop - it is still plainly visible through and around the trees. With water falling, logs dropping, people screaming, and splashes splashing it will only be even more evident than it is now.

There's always been talk about Splash getting past mandates for railings by never closing long enough so it remained grandfathered into the old regulations. I wonder if this is a place where the long closure has finally got them. The art looks like it will be well hidden. Hopefully any other new railings are as hidden.
I think it's safe to expect that the railing and clearance issues that Splash had will have been resolved during this closure. Hopefully well resolved.

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

They're not actually hiding the drop - it is still plainly visible through and around the trees. With water falling, logs dropping, people screaming, and splashes splashing it will only be even more evident than it is now.

Yes. I was meaning to describe why the trees were in a location which partially blocks the old view of the drops, not why there is a concerted effort to hide the drop, which I don't think we can say is being done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom