News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Is there a date when its going to be open. im crossing my fingers that they seem to be doing well so hopefully open by the time i get there in July
No date yet, but it should be announced during the shareholders meeting on April 3. If you're coming in July, then there's a very good chance it'll be open by then, but we don't know for sure until Disney confirms it.

celluloid

The plotpoint of shrinking is perfectly aligned with the movie where the main character become tiny critters. The call back to the movie doesn't seem out of place to me.

There is not much showing consistency with this though. We see Tiana throughout and she is of similar size to us. The finale and intro we know has frogs of sizes and critters of scale(including Louis throughout)
so if shrinking would be there it would seem brief.

We will see some sort of screen effect in the uphill ramp(the one that feels like a coaster like ramp in the dark) post laughing place. The dark tunnel convinced them to do something there.;)

ChewbaccaYourMum

in the first photo, trying to zoom in on that mural on the left side wall between the two trees (I think thats what it is anyway. is it the one with food being chopped? :facepalm:) but it wont enlarge...anyone
Yeah that's the mural with the food being chopped for gumbo I think lol?

Sorry that first photo I was basically holding my iPhone over the scrim to take it on my tiptoes lol it was hard to really focus or zoom in on anything. I just wanted to get a photo of those two frogs on the long and the log flume that was in the water there lol

Brer Oswald

The plotpoint of shrinking is perfectly aligned with the movie where the main character become tiny critters. The call back to the movie doesn't seem out of place to me.
It's the only part of this that sounds fun to me. When I armchaired a PatF ride on here 6 years ago, the gimmick was shrinking to the size of a frog.

Brer Oswald

I really don’t think you understood my argument at all. I’m talking about the encyclopedic massaging of everything imagineering does this days. Setting apart does not imply superiority. Sometimes it’s one of their own biggest hurdles. It’s one of the reasons imagineers can’t wrap their heads around Epcot. It doesn’t need justification that some craftsman in the 60’s found this material to build this facade for their fake companies pavilion. Epcot is an ode to worlds fairs, it doesn’t need Rohde to over explain it beyond that.

Nintendo is an example of a style guide and oversight Universal Creative has by a partner. It’s just like Potter. Most of their other product is creatively managed with their studio partners otherwise.

Celestial Park is a perfect example of what I’m getting at. What’s the story, what’s the justification? It doesn’t have one other than to be a very nice central spine with water and space elements woven in. It doesn’t have a good reason to have a nice Chinese restaraunt. Nor do I think it really needs one. Now take Disney Springs, which isn’t even a theme park and there’s some ten page story about why Morimoto’s is where it is on an old bottling factory.

This doesn’t make Imagineering better, but it’s what philosophically they do compared to Uni Creative that still loves to recreate media spaces you are familiar with, by and large.
The convuluted "justifications" are exactly the thing that made Imagineering take a turn for the worse. It started in the late 90s, and then they went overboard. Food Co-ops and "Xandar Pavillions" are silly. Remember when we went down the waterfall to go back in time to Piracy, and then "up the waterfall" to return to the present? I miss simple stuff like that.

yensidtlaw1969

It doesn’t make sense as now Mama Odie is just as evil as Dr. Facilier, seeing as how turning people into animals to hide his crimes was the entire catalyst for the movie.

Both Remy and Tough to be a Bug handled the shrinking problem much better, simply by having the queue’s proportions morph as you walk through.

“It’s so subtle that you probably didn’t notice it…but your brain did.” - Harry S. Plinkett

That's a big assumption. We don't know what Mama Odie's reasons for shrinking us would be.

_caleb

The convuluted "justifications" are exactly the thing that made Imagineering take a turn for the worse. It started in the late 90s, and then they went overboard. Food Co-ops and "Xandar Pavillions" are silly. Remember when we went down the waterfall to go back in time to Piracy, and then "up the waterfall" to return to the present? I miss simple stuff like that.
Yours is a totally valid opinion, but I really like the behind-the-scenes, "did you know?" factoids, rationales, and backstories. And I don't think I'm alone in this: these are the things that seem to spread far and wide on social media.

I don't see how the waterfall thing in PotC is any different than things like "Tiana's business empire," the Albert Falls backstory for Jungle Cruise, or the unknown storyline for Space Mountain. Imagineers use backstories to create internally consistent attractions, and learning about these can make attractions even more fun for me.

Homemade Imagineering

View attachment 769150View attachment 769151

Add this to the list of random things for this attraction... now there's a display at the Spark Stem Fest at the Orlando Science Center this weekend.

Nothing new here, but an official look at the track layout is neat.

Link to article: https://orlando-parenting.com/a-parents-guide-tianas-bayou-adventure-with-kids/
One more thing that could be worth mentioning. It’s a long stretch but still fun to speculate, as considering there’s no Facilier, they could use some of the wildlife for suspense. Assuming the eel is representative of an actual figure(s) that could make for a slightly more menacing environment as they swing alongside the logs amongst thick fog. Someone here mentioned the laughing place would have a dark swampy atmosphere, so that could lend itself well to that section of the attraction. I will say this without going off on a tangent but great visuals make up for alot when executed very well. Especially if the story seems contrived, it will make plot holes amongst other random story devices obsolete in the moment. That also applies to much of the interior in general but anyways, it’s fun to speculate

yensidtlaw1969

Photo updates from today.

These are great photos, thank you!

Re: The first two, I wonder what's happening around the bottom of the Drop - That Green Railing looks permanent, so there's likely some theming to obscure it that hasn't been installed yet:

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 2.22.55 PM.png

Brer Panther

But wasn't the whole point of NOT making the ride a book report to avoid acknowledging Tiana's being a frog for a good chunk of the movie? Wouldn't shrinking the riders down/turning them into "critters" be too reminiscent of that?
Assuming the eel is representative of an actual figure(s)
That's an eel? It looks more like an alligator to me... although not like one of the gators from the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom