20240205_104011.jpg
20240205_104857.jpg
20240205_104925.jpg
20240205_105023.jpg
20240205_112436.jpg
20240205_112409.jpg
20240205_112117.jpg
20240205_112011.jpg

To say there's a lot of work happening today would be an understatement!

This is the most active I have *ever* seen the site.

There's tons of people working on the queue, painting being done where the water has been testing, flowers being installed, the crane is moving props into the show building, etc.

Very exciting stuff!

tanc

I would not be surprised if it opens late May or June, seems to be really coming along.

Wonder how many more hotel bookings they will get due this. As I stated before, it's intriguing for me since I still have a ticket to redeem. Practically would be my last real reason to go to WDW for a long time.

Sectorkeeper71

View attachment 766887View attachment 766888View attachment 766891View attachment 766892View attachment 766893View attachment 766894View attachment 766899View attachment 766900View attachment 766901View attachment 766898

To say there's a lot of work happening today would be an understatement!

This is the most active I have *ever* seen the site.

There's tons of people working on the queue, painting being done where the water has been testing, flowers being installed, the crane is moving props into the show building, etc.

Very exciting stuff!
I really enjoy the look of the exterior. It’s a much different vibe than splash for sure, but I’m glad it’s going to have its own unique look and not just slap a few murals and new animatronics to call it a day. Really seems like they’re putting a good amount of effort to make this its own concept and not just a quick reskin of splash

ToTBellHop

As this comes together, there is something very Wilderness Lodge about the feeling. For those who have stayed there, back by the boat dock is a swampy area nonetheless in a western-themed resort. That pic above with the Bayou Adventure behind a Frontierland lantern gives me the same vibes and I dig it. I wouldn’t be surprised if that first outdoor loop of the ride feels a lot like Wilderness Lodge.

1707155009983.jpeg

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Do you have any pics of the props they're installing? Do they look promising for a good attraction?
Unfortunately not, I was watching it for about 15 minutes to try to get some photos, but the entire time it was moving low to the ground near the show building. It's definitely a substantial amount of work being that they moved the crane to the left side next to the show building itself, but unfortunately it's not viewable from in the park.

Homemade Imagineering

I heard they were testing with water already? Wow, this could open before my December guess!
I think that’s a guarantee by this point. I find the juxtaposition between just how nearly complete the WDW version is to DLR’s funny, just because of how dramatic it is. I get they closed much later on but the final product of MK’s will tell us whether this retheme is a success not only for MK but also Disneyland, very early on.

ToTBellHop

I think that’s a guarantee by this point. I find the juxtaposition between just how nearly complete the WDW version is to DLR’s funny, just because of how dramatic it is. I get they closed much later on but the final product of MK’s will tell us whether this retheme is a success not only for MK but also Disneyland, very early on.
Closing DL’s for two summers was a silly move.

Disstevefan1

Lets hope it opens in WDW sooner rather than later.

There are NO GUARANTEES especially when it comes to contractor work at WDW - see the EPCOT (renovation?).

tparris

I really enjoy the look of the exterior. It’s a much different vibe than splash for sure, but I’m glad it’s going to have its own unique look and not just slap a few murals and new animatronics to call it a day. Really seems like they’re putting a good amount of effort to make this its own concept and not just a quick reskin of splash
The only thing I’m worried about is the left and right sides of the facade still looking exactly like splash mountain right next to all the green in the center. And before anyone says it’s not done yet, I know that. However the concept rendering of the finished product shows the same half finished look that it has now

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
The only thing I’m worried about is the left and right sides of the facade still looking exactly like splash mountain right next to all the green in the center. And before anyone says it’s not done yet, I know that. However the concept rendering of the finished product shows the same half finished look that it has now
This has been bugging me as well. Even the scale model shows it.

n13_d23_expo_tiana_bayou_adventure.jpg

But it looks fine in the model! In person however, it looks very much incomplete. The model and concept art do a much better job of blending the old with the new. Of note, there's a lot less greenery as well when compared to the actual structure. Too much greenery? I hope they're not done. And blend these areas a bit better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom