News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Ginzuishou

hope the missing ingredient Tiana needs isn't an animal. :-O some adventure that would be. A salt mine though? we'll see how that works I guess.

MerlinTheGoat

I just saw the drone footage from the Frozen land being built in HK…now if THEY were in charge of Tiana, I’d be a little more excited…
The Frozen mini land at HK looks like it's going to be really pretty and the addition of the 7DMT-like sled coaster is neat. But the main Frozen boat ride there is seemingly more or less a clone of Epcot's ride. At least one of the animatronics is going to be upgraded to a non-projected physical face, but the concept art of the ride as well as the square footage of the building seem to line up with Epcot's. Maybe a few minor alterations/improvements, but I wouldn't get any hopes up if you're expecting something earth-shatteringly better. I think Paris is also getting a copy of HK's (sans the sled coaster).

It's Tokyo's variant of Frozen that is rumored to be something much more unique and elaborate. The show building is a LOT larger than the others.

Casper Gutman

The Frozen mini land at HK looks like it's going to be really pretty and the addition of the 7DMT-like sled coaster is neat. But the main Frozen boat ride there is seemingly more or less a clone of Epcot's ride. At least one of the animatronics is going to be upgraded to a non-projected physical face, but the concept art of the ride as well as the square footage of the building seem to line up with Epcot's. Maybe a few minor alterations/improvements, but I wouldn't get any hopes up if you're expecting something earth-shatteringly better. I think Paris is also getting a copy of HK's (sans the sled coaster).

It's Tokyo's variant of Frozen that is rumored to be something much more unique and elaborate. The show building is a LOT larger than the others.

Looking at the new Elsa figure and thinking of the Tiana and Naveen AAs likely to show up in neo-Splash, it strikes me that there is something very unsettling about figures that directly translate modern-Disney-style cartoon humans. Whether their face is projected or physical, they fall squarely in the uncanny valley, with their giant eyes set in giant heads. It’s something the classic Disney parks didn’t really do - the figures in the FL dark rides tended to be static, while the classic Pirates and EPCOT dark ride figures were realistic, if caricatured. Seeing Elsa singing in person is off-putting, and I imagine Tiana will be the same. AAs of bears and birds are a much safer bet.

Ghost93

Looking at the new Elsa figure and thinking of the Tiana and Naveen AAs likely to show up in neo-Splash, it strikes me that there is something very unsettling about figures that directly translate modern-Disney-style cartoon humans. Whether their face is projected or physical, they fall squarely in the uncanny valley, with their giant eyes set in giant heads. It’s something the classic Disney parks didn’t really do - the figures in the FL dark rides tended to be static, while the classic Pirates and EPCOT dark ride figures were realistic, if caricatured. Seeing Elsa singing in person is off-putting, and I imagine Tiana will be the same. AAs of bears and birds are a much safer bet.
I thought Belle in the Tokyo Beauty and the Beast ride looked great, but agree that there is something off-putting about the Elsa animatronic.

Hopefully they nail it with Tiana.

It's possible that the animatronics look less creepy when viewed from a distance (as you see them in the ride) compared to the zoom-ins on their faces you can see when capturing them on a camera.

Casper Gutman

I thought Belle in the Tokyo Beauty and the Beast ride looked great, but agree that there is something off-putting about the Elsa animatronic.

Hopefully they nail it with Tiana.

It's possible that the animatronics look less creepy when viewed from a distance (as you see them in the ride) compared to the zoom-ins on their faces you can see when capturing them on a camera.
Belle’s better, but even she looks a bit alien to me.

Animaniac93-98

The animatronics in the Mickey Mouse Revue included characters like Alice, Snow White, Prince Charming and Cinderella, but they were sculpted as somewhat realistic humans with those characters costumes. They weren't intended to be a 1:1 translation of the cartoon proportions in real life, which I think is where the uncanny valley doll effect comes from.

Those MMR figures were also meant to be seen on a stage from a distance, not necessarily up close.

MerlinTheGoat

The Belle and upcoming non projected Frozen AA's look great to me.

There are also some more modern AA's used in Shanghai's Peter Pan that have some pretty decent designs. Though they're not quite as good as the ones for Belle. They have eye movement, but not mouths for some odd reason (even though they have dialog audio). Very strange omission.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
F3934691-AC04-4C39-B530-0F4D757BB693.jpeg

70596B16-FC82-4FEB-962C-7BB5B1B535A1.jpeg

057C4930-28DE-4752-A925-CB34DE41FBC9.jpeg

jeanericuser001

hope the missing ingredient Tiana needs isn't an animal. :-O some adventure that would be. A salt mine though? we'll see how that works I guess.
Considering its in cajun country it could be just about anything whether it be from the land, the sea, or even something that flies. If its got meat and doesn't taste horrible even after spices then its on the menu.

ToTBellHop

I have learned that in the story, guests become new employees of Tiana who keep threatening to unionize and then get thrown over several waterfalls. Now I get it.

Tiana is the villain.
1675862433279.jpeg

She doesn’t care that your dad worked at the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom