News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Mikomike12

As new images and videos of the construction are released, it helps inform us how the attraction will look.The official releases updating us on the attraction and the construction keep referencing this co-op. Unless there’s a new subplot they’re keeping under wraps, we can infer more and more about this project the more that’s released. The use of the murals, which is one of the more visible artistic artifacts in the attraction to date, deeper into the ride supports this view that the Tiana’s Foods makes an outsized presence in the ride.
While you wait for more details perhaps go to thread meant to discuss things like so..

celluloid

my statement was anything but vauge, I stated my point quite clearly, not sure what’s not to understand. Far from hyperbolic aswell.

You shuffled through 30 pages today to get to one photo of the mural posted multiple times?

That's hyperbole.

I love the joke within that though. Instead of saying "I am not hyperbolic" "Far from hyperbolic" is quite a funny statement.

If you want news article and image format releases of the attraction's progress. wdwmagic.com home mage would be the best place to get that without the discussion.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I’m talking about those who use this thread to insert their opinion on why splash change is bad and what not.
WHO IS DOING THAT? There's a handful of people on this thread that pull out this accusation every time people start negatively talking about a new development of this attraction. Not one person has compared this to Splash recently except to mention that there was farm equipment on it.

Can we get a new rule that only site moderators can pass judgment on the state of a thread? It's starting to get on my nerves.

What do you think of the mural @Mikomike12? Share your opinion! It's fun to discuss!

Tha Realest

WHO IS DOING THAT? There's a handful of people on this thread that pull out this accusation every time people start negatively talking about a new development of this attraction. Not one person has compared this to Splash recently except to mention that there was farm equipment on it.

Can we get a new rule that only site moderators can pass judgment on the state of a thread? It's starting to get on my nerves.

What do you think of the mural @Mikomike12? Share your opinion! It's fun to discuss!
It’s thread gatekeeping to cut down on negative talk. The vast majority of the posts have commented how out of place the mural(s) seem, and none bring up SM.

celluloid

It’s thread gatekeeping to cut down on negative talk. The vast majority of the posts have commented how out of place the mural(s) seem, and none bring up SM.

I posted a video from 1992 for sure when someone said their figures never really moved. That was just to put an end to that side discussion. But it was not to compare becuase the new ones are not open to be seen yet.

The actual merit talk has been soley on what is seen so far which is all one can do with the discussion.

Agree on the gatekeeping situation. Even when it is claimed as passive, it is still present.

The connection of the mural to the discussion of how it ties into the story is totally valid and not a "rehash of grievances." and would be discussed the same if it was a new ride build as it is a construciton update.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
See p. 313 for some examples.
I see one post by Aladdin2007 about his overall feeling about the attraction being brought down by the NEW DEVELOPMENT of the mural. The rest of the page is about RotR or discussing how to accurately note how many animatronics a ride has.

If they revealed an awesome animatronic and someone said, "Now I'm feeling great about this ride, things are looking up! Maybe we won't miss Splash after all!" then no one would say, "This thread is for construction updates only" in response. I'll bet most of the people saying that would "like" or "love" the post.

Tha Realest

I see one post by Aladdin2007 about his overall feeling about the attraction being brought down by the NEW DEVELOPMENT of the mural. The rest of the page is about RotR or discussing how to accurately note how many animatronics a ride has.

If they revealed an awesome animatronic and someone said, "Now I'm feeling great about this ride, things are looking up! Maybe we won't miss Splash after all!" then no one would say, "This thread is for construction updates only" in response. I'll bet most of the people saying that would "like" or "love" the post.
Yes, and if anything it’s a way to bash Splash’s AA in comparison (“most don’t move!”). Which is fine. Because again, we’ve ready about the dozens of new AAs in the attraction and seen some of them in action. I have no doubt the new ones will be impressive.

mickEblu

Yes, and if anything it’s a way to bash Splash’s AA in comparison (“most don’t move!”). Which is fine. Because again, we’ve ready about the dozens of new AAs in the attraction and seen some of them in action. I have no doubt the new ones will be impressive.

FWIW I like the fake grass inside TBA more than the astroturf in the hub at MK and Mickey Floral at Disneyland.

splah

my question is why draw the riders eye to a fence? is it to stop us looking at the logs coming down the drop? seems like an odd thing to focus on. the style again seems out of place with the style of art in the world of the film. it is incongruent with the graphic art that appears in the film.

as an attempt a a better mural i prompted Bing's AI to make one.

Attachments

• _0255312c-93bf-41ca-aba8-090a330923a3.jpg
    _0255312c-93bf-41ca-aba8-090a330923a3.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 94
  • _1a31611e-a66f-4eee-9234-230b2759abd3.jpg
    _1a31611e-a66f-4eee-9234-230b2759abd3.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 95
  • tianasmenu.1-363x550.jpg
    tianasmenu.1-363x550.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I don't like blaming Imagineers individually, but as a whole. Some need to bite back and say when things are bad.
This. It's been the biggest issue in Imagineering. Bunch of young, eager creatives wanting to show their talents yet too afraid to say anything contrarian or critical out of fear of losing their shot. Imagineering is no longer team-oriented. It's just a bunch of individuals perpetually saying "Yes" to their uppers. It's ironic, The whole system (especially now that they have checkboxed requirements) stifles innovation and hinders creativity. As a result the project suffers and the attraction is robbed of it's full potential.

celluloid

This. It's been the biggest issue in Imagineering. Bunch of young, eager creatives wanting to show their talents yet too afraid to say anything contrarian or critical out of fear of losing their shot. Imagineering is no longer team-oriented. It's just a bunch of individuals perpetually saying "Yes" to their uppers. It's ironic, The whole system (especially now that they have checkboxed requirements) stifles innovation and hinders creativity. As a result the project suffers and the attraction is robbed of it's full potential.

An interesting thought on this is how in Creative Design for themed entertainment before, many of the best and most praised Imagineers were told no and designed for other parks and firms during their careers and plenty who only were at Disney, were well documented on strong opinions or disagreements that ultimately worked out to be the best design and major audience pleasers that are considered theme park staples today.

On the construction topic: Digital Marketing has changed things, but even in Eric Bordman era of Dateline Disney(Gosh I miss that) you would not see him and Imagineer likely presenting the weathervane situation and other media like we have gotten.

MerlinTheGoat

I was looking over the CG concept model render and comparing it to the above photo. I will say that they certainly improved the shape of the peak compared to that render. Less flat on the top and more pointed, taking more cues from the Disneyland version's model in that regard (same goes for the water tower design as was discussed some while back). Also has more vines and WAY more flowers than expected.

1704691785244.png

mickEblu

I was looking over the CG concept model render and comparing it to the above photo. I will say that they certainly improved the shape of the peak compared to that render. Less flat on the top and more pointed, taking more cues from the Disneyland version's model in that regard (same goes for the water tower design as was discussed some while back). Also has more vines and WAY more flowers than expected.

View attachment 762088

Looks better but fits worse IMO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom