News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

It’s really simple. We don’t like what we’re seeing or hearing. This is how things work. The extent of the concern is based on how much we don’t like what we’re seeing or hearing. For example so far all I like is the stone work in the exterior queue and can appreciate the greenery on the mountain even if I believe if it’s a little too much and doesn’t quite fit in Frontierland. Keeping an open mind is a more realistic ask if one likes at least 50% or more of what they’re seeing/ hearing and the amount of faith one has in the people doing the work.
I hope you're pleasantly surprised in the end.

aladdin2007

Well that just shows you that we may not all be as negative as you think if just the smallest reassurance makes one happy.

The new mural in the rustic old mill is pretty egregious though. I don’t trust the people who decided to put that there.
starting to feel like a ride through a garbage disposal...really hoping this is for some other placement than what were seeing, but not looking good.

celluloid

. It makes more sense in my view to wait for the final product and keep an open mind in the meantime.

I think it is fair to keep a balance of the bad with the good. If you just keep saying an open mind, then there is some weird concept where you can only approve and be excited about construction and choices as they are revealed.

It is ok if the latest out of setting mural and further evidence of odd show writing gives less trust in the project.

When concerned about the conceit of the ride, people were told in varying sarcastic tones that it was not the case.

There is continual evidence that it is a large part of the attraction, down to the ride path scenes now.

mickEblu

starting to feel like a ride through a garbage disposal...really hoping this is for some other placement than what were seeing, but not looking good.

In many ways this is the new Disney. Just throw more Disney IP iconography everywhere and call it theming. Doesn’t display any understanding of establishing a sense of time and place. Tiana spruced up the old rustic mill. I would say this is what happens when you retheme a purpose built attraction into a new ride but in this case retheming Splash into TBA should have been a slam dunk.

If Fantasyland was built today it would look like Pixar Pier.

celluloid

In many ways this is the new Disney. Just throw more Disney IP iconography everywhere and call it theming. Doesn’t display any understanding of creating a time and place. If Fantasyland was built today it would look like Pixar Pier.

In the industry, this way out is sometimes called associative theming. Toy Story Land and Pixar Pier have a lot of this. There is sort of an attempt with Toy Story Land but ultimately, it is more association than a full-fledged experience.

The phrase I often use with Assocation theming is The Cheesecake Factory. The atmosphere of that place is...kind of, sort of cheesecake, but no one really knows why or how it is themed. It is associated.

I don't think Tiana would be quite this bad, but it is suffering from a lot of the idea and not being too rich.

celluloid

That isn't what I said. At all.

You have stated that this thread has spun into over negativity. And you then gave your negative take on the mural, but did not like that why it and the further evoking the disliked conceit the attraction has had was spinning. You then said in a post that you think it is helpful to wait, after stating the mural itself will never win you over.

What about this is not what you said. "At All?" All of that is completely wrong from what you stated?

People were told that the ride will not feature the Food co-op backstory, and then a mural of a knife cutting food into gumbo ingredients then a bowl full of gumbo appears along the ride path itself.

Old concerns that were told to be hushed will for sure come back as there is evidence.

Last edited:

Mikomike12

Please take your whining to this thread.

This thread is for construction updates.
For the love of god people, how many times do people/mods here have to reiterate this thread is for construction. please take your endless gripes to the other thread, I promise you 90% of what your complaining has already been said on atleast a dozen pages past, take it to the other thread I shouldn’t have to skip through 30 pages to find one photo of construction that 5 people talk about while the other 50 complain about something irrelevant

celluloid

For the love of god people, how many times do people/mods here have to reiterate this thread is for construction. please take your endless gripes to the other thread, I promise you 90% of what your complaining has already been said on atleast a dozen pages past, take it to the other thread I shouldn’t have to skip through 30 pages to find one photo of construction that 5 people talk about while the other 50 complain about something irrelevant

The discussion is on the construction relating to evidence of the attraction's storyline. Thematic elements are being installed that connect this.
If the thread is ONLY and Soley for images of construction, then you have no discussion. The point of a discussion board is to discuss the construction. New mural work was posted today and being discussed.
The mural is what was being discussed as it is a mural of food being prepared to serve.

Mikomike12

The discussion is on the construction relating to evidence of the attraction's storyline. Thematic elements are being installed that connect this.
If the thread is ONLY and Soley for images of construction, then you have no discussion. The point of a discussion board is to discuss the construction. New mural work was posted today and being discussed.
The mural is what was being discussed as it is a mural of food being prepared to serve.
The Description of this thread states “It is not to discuss the merits of the retheme of Splash Mountain” which is basically every other message in here.

celluloid

The Description of this thread states “It is not to discuss the merits of the retheme of Splash Mountain” which is basically every other message in here.

I don't think the talking about the mural that was posted fits that just beause you think there is too much discussion over it.
For the most part. The discussion has been about how the mural correlates to the new attraction. My posts are not comparing the attraction's facades. It is judging the mural based on its current construction to what is in the Press from Disney. It is normal to compare images people are taking of progress to what is coming out of Disney. Some people do not like the art direction they are seeing in the construction, and that is a part of discussing construction. The reveal of choices.

Sorry if this leads you to frustration or hyperbole.

LittleBuford

You have stated that this thread has spun into over negativity.

Old concerns that were told to be hushed will for sure come back as there is evidence.
I said it spun into a rehashing of old grievances only tangentially related to the update at hand.

I'm not telling anyone to hush. I am simply expressing my own opinion, without trying to silence anyone else's.

celluloid

I said it spun into a rehashing of old grievances only tangentially related to the update at hand.
The latest construction update lined up and validated many people's concerns. It can be expected that there would be discussion on the latest revealed installment. You see that as rehashing. Some would see that as a connection. Connotation difference is what you have there.

Mikomike12

I don't think the talking about the mural that was posted fits that just beause you think there is too much discussion over it.
For the most part. The discussion has been about how the mural correlates to the new attraction. My posts are not comparing the attraction's facades. It is judging the mural based on its current construction to what is in the Press from Disney. It is normal to compare images people are taking of progress to what is coming out of Disney. Some people do not like the art direction they are seeing in the construction, and that is a part of discussing construction. The reveal of choices.

Sorry if this leads you to frustration or hyperbole.
I’m not sure why you are trying to group yourself and those who are actually talking about construction into my point, I’m talking about those who use this thread to insert their opinion on why splash change is bad and what not. It’s about those who continue to use this thread to reiterate their dismay over the entire thing for the umpteenth time

Tha Realest

I’m not sure why you are trying to group yourself and those who are actually talking about construction into my point, I’m talking about those who use this thread to insert their opinion on why splash is bad and what not. It’s about those who continue to use this thread to reiterate their dismay over the entire thing for the umpteenth time
As new images and videos of the construction are released, it helps inform us how the attraction will look.The official releases updating us on the attraction and the construction keep referencing this co-op. Unless there’s a new subplot they’re keeping under wraps, we can infer more and more about this project the more that’s released. The use of the murals, which is one of the more visible artistic artifacts in the attraction to date, deeper into the ride supports this view that the Tiana’s Foods makes an outsized presence in the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom