News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Smiley/OCD

The money is being spent only where it "has to" and this is more like Frozen.

Don't expect the logs to change other than a scrub refreshing.(and hopefully new bolts as we found loose and ones falling out on more than one occasion in our final rides.

Look to Frozen for comparison of what level of changes in ride vehicles to expect.
I want to see the video of new plugs being installed so they don’t sink and the video of the designers with a hacksaw cutting Brer Rabbit off each log…THAT video, I’d watch…

Ayla

I love hearing about the little details, because that’s what sets Disney apart, but it’s amazing we know next to nothing about the actual ride. A couple years into construction and all we know is it’s an employee owned co-op in a salt mine 🤦🏼‍♂️ and we’ll be looking for a missing ingredient.

Everything they’ve released would be interesting as secondary marketing, but none of it feels like primary marketing.
It hasn't even been a year of construction.

Smiley/OCD

Plugs are being crafted by the number one Flex seal seller in Louisiana and that guy from the infomercial that put them on swamp air boats.

Attachments

• IMG_5585.jpeg
    IMG_5585.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 47

_caleb

I love hearing about the little details, because that’s what sets Disney apart, but it’s amazing we know next to nothing about the actual ride. A couple years into construction and all we know is it’s an employee owned co-op in a salt mine 🤦🏼‍♂️ and we’ll be looking for a missing ingredient.

Everything they’ve released would be interesting as secondary marketing, but none of it feels like primary marketing.
Because it is only secondary marketing! Despite what self-proclaimed marketing experts here are claiming, I believe much of what we've seen about TBA so far is a result of the social media team hovering around the WDI team looking for something–anything–they're allowed to show about the project to turn into TikTok/vlogging content while avoiding major reveals.

This is why all we've really seen are secondary things like the backstory, the inspiration in New Orleans, spotlight on the Imagineers, etc.

I think Disney knows this attraction is going to be scrutinized even beyond what we've seen with others, so they're intentionally being tight-lipped about actual details. The primary marketing effort has hardly begun. All this secondary stuff is for uber fans and to prime the social media machine.

I ask the question again, according to your experience, what are the chances that it will open as early as summer 2024? I'll go in the second half of July, I'll find it open?????

celluloid

I ask the question again, according to your experience, what are the chances that it will open as early as summer 2024? I'll go in the second half of July, I'll find it open?????
Not officially before June 21st.

July much more likely for softs particularly in late July but August is the best bet right now for official grand opening.

TheMaxRebo

Really hard to tell - especially thinking how long they usually do previews for (6 weeks+) would mean for a July 1 opening they would be starting previews in May, which feels very soon.

If I had to guess I would say previews will be going on when you are there but the ride isn't fully open to everyone until closer to Labor Day

MagicHappens1971

My opinion is similar to others, previews to begin between late July - August. Official open between late August - early October.

I think it’s really hard to tell at this given time what Disney will do here. If they anticipate a June opening (for example) we should get an announcement come the end of February at the latest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom