News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drdcm

I think I would have had the weathervane have some sort of frog symbol to the movie and characters. It seems like the “meaning” is vague and will be lost on everyone. I also don’t think it is unique or interesting enough to draw any attention from people.

Smiley/OCD

The weather vane is fine, I have nothing against it, but I would be much more interested to hear about the things that give substance to a theme park ride experience like AAs, set pieces, special FX, music etc
Again, a clip about the vane (that most guests either won’t notice or won’t care), but yet the one detail EVERY guest will see EVERYTIME they ride, the vehicles, the logs…crickets…
You would’ve thought a short video would’ve been done showing the new (or refurbished) logs…

Vegas Disney Fan

Again, a clip about the vane (that most guests either won’t notice or won’t care), but yet the one detail EVERY guest will see EVERYTIME they ride, the vehicles, the logs…crickets…
You would’ve thought a short video would’ve been done showing the new (or refurbished) logs…
I love hearing about the little details, because that’s what sets Disney apart, but it’s amazing we know next to nothing about the actual ride. A couple years into construction and all we know is it’s an employee owned co-op in a salt mine 🤦🏼‍♂️ and we’ll be looking for a missing ingredient.

Everything they’ve released would be interesting as secondary marketing, but none of it feels like primary marketing.

In the Parks
No
So the custom weathervane is going on the lift hill...🤔 So what will be placed where the Brer Rabbit weathervane was??

That video was...so informative. Divinity of Mother Earth? Adinkra? A bird looking back on its tail? They need to rethink their marketing strategy, because honestly, this is the strangest promotion of an attraction I have ever seen.

Show us an animatronic! Anything to make me excited for this!

JohnD

Anyone remember how much before GOTG opened that they showed a video of the new cars for that ride? Would be an interesting comparison.

celluloid

The money is being spent only where it "has to" and this is more like Frozen.

Don't expect the logs to change other than a scrub refreshing.(and hopefully new bolts as we found loose and ones falling out on more than one occasion in our final rides.

Look to Frozen for comparison of what level of changes in ride vehicles to expect.

Joel

The money is being spent only where it "has to" and this is more like Frozen.

Don't expect the logs to change other than a scrub refreshing.(and hopefully new bolts as we found loose and ones falling out on more than one occasion in our final rides.

Look to Frozen for comparison of what level of changes in ride vehicles to expect.
You mean we're not getting a state-of-the-art omnilog experience?

_caleb

I'd be pleasantly surprised if they move. Perfectly doable of course, but it's rare these days that Disney makes animatronics that operate completely exposed to the outside elements. The only recent example I can think of is the Witch from 7DMT, and she's still standing underneath a structure to minimize rain beating down on her. Though there are ample examples from old attractions such as Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise (which even has a number of aquatic figures) and the Native American village along the railroad.

Not like these frogs would be particularly advanced anyway. They're small and can get away with fairly primitive motion. And therefore probably less expensive mechanics. But still, I wouldn't count on them moving at all. Happy if i'm wrong.

Almost definitely just static statues. They were in process of painting them.
No big deal, I was just curious.

I'm a HUGE fan of outdoor/exterior animated set pieces in the parks. When they do things like outdoor AAs, kinetic pieces, and the scavenger hunt interactive elements, it just really helps the entire area come alive rather than keeping it all inside a show building. Some of my favorites are little things many people don't even notice:
  • Everest's Bird on a stick (when it's working)
  • Big Thunder billy goats
  • A Pirate's Adventure interactive elements in MK's Adventureland
  • Juan, the Barker Bird at DL's Tiki Room, now Rosita at Tropical Hideaway
  • The new ostrich at the DL treehouse (haven't seen this one in person yet)
If not some movement in the frogs, I'm hoping they do at least something like this on the exterior of TBA. Combined with jazz background music in the queue and the continuous flow of logs over the drop, I think it would really make the area come alive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom