News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

BrianLo

These guys. Also Disneyland will be receiving it's water tower within the next few weeks. Base structure is virtually finished and the fabrication process for the top portion of the tower is nearly complete at 1401. Pace is picking up quite a bit here in Anaheim but Orlando's is on track for it's scheduled April/May opening time frame. That's if nothing delays the ongoing revisions.

Yup, those are it!

TheMaxRebo

This a pretty cool shot of the park from where they are installing the weather vane

1704471004785.png

TrainsOfDisney

that video reminds me of Destination D when 2 current imagineers gave a presentation on 7 dwarves mine train right after Tony Baxters presentation on Mystic Harbor or whatever it was going to be called.

Like it’s cool the weather vane was created in New Orleans, but if that’s your big talking piece I think something is missing. It would be like focusing on who made the prayer flags when building Everest.

MerlinTheGoat

Those two frogs were also in the WDW render as well.

1704471578368.png

That weather vane clip made me laugh. Like with a lot of their recent showings for the ride, I hope this is just them being coy and holding back a lot of actually cool information. And not hyper fixating on a tiny detail because it's all they have. The way they're marketing this attraction is still baffling to me. Unless again they're embarrassed by what they have to show...

April-May seems kind of crazy to me. Like I said, I knew there was a push to have it done "up to" 5-6 months earlier than originally intended. I assumed originally "late 2024" probably meant December or MAYBE the tail end of November, so possibly June-July if they got what they wanted. But I never heard back if WDI got approval for an abbreviated timeline, but I really wouldn't have expected they'd get it done as quickly as they wanted. But April-May sounds even more aggressive than what I heard.

If there are actual revisions to the ride, I'd assume they're dialog related rather than anything physical.

Animaniac93-98

That weather vane clip made me laugh. Like with a lot of their recent showings for the ride, I hope this is just them being coy and holding back a lot of actually cool information. And not hyper fixating on a tiny detail because it's all they have. The way they're marketing this attraction is still baffling to me. Unless again they're embarrassed by what they have to show...

Again, the focus of the marketing appears to be WHO is making things and not WHAT is being made. They feel it's important to give credibility to the authenticity of the experience and the inclusive approach to the overall production.

I guess because the bulk of the construction, fabrication and design is being done by typical WDI employees and contracted third parties, than that's why their work is not being called out specifically.

Not necessarily the approach I'd take to selling a theme park thrill ride to tourists, fans of The Princess and the Frog, or Disney fans in general, but I'm not making these decisions.

EPCOTCenterLover

Aside from the whole divine Mother Earth nonsense, the actual weather vane itself is beautiful. Really nice. Now, if the mural was half as good and the crown on the water tower removed, I'd be very happy with the exterior.

Lirael

Maybe I'm not the focus group, but to me the coy tactics do the opposite of drumming up interest. If every time I hear "news about the ride!" and I go check and it's some silly detail and not anything relevant... I'm going to stop clicking on Tiana news. Like the boy that cried wolf situation

Plus the fact that they're avoiding giving out any big stuff, alongside the already terrible info we've had (the ridiculous plot, no Dr. Facilier etc) really just look like red flags. Like they know they don't have anything good/cool to showcase so they're focusing on stuff like weathervanes

_caleb

There are two frog figures (I assume Naveen and Tiana) sitting on a log in the old briar patch section outdoors. Currently being painted. My phone will cooperate to get a picture through the mesh screen.

That’s interesting, I wasn’t sure if she’d appear in frog form.
AAs, or static? Can you tell?

MerlinTheGoat

The weather vane is fine, I have nothing against it, but I would be much more interested to hear about the things that give substance to a theme park ride experience like AAs, set pieces, special FX, music etc
Agreed. No real issue with the weathervane if it was just another random prop being added with no fanfare. It's fine. It just baffles me what they're choosing to hyper focus on in marketing.

I know they have a ton of animatronics going into this thing. The only one they've shown thus far has been that static half-complete endo of Louis. There's a bunch of other figures that have been ready to show for a long while now.

AAs, or static? Can you tell?
I'd be pleasantly surprised if they move. Perfectly doable of course, but it's rare these days that Disney makes animatronics that operate completely exposed to the outside elements. The only recent example I can think of is the Witch from 7DMT, and she's still standing underneath a structure to minimize rain beating down on her. Though there are ample examples from old attractions such as Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise (which even has a number of aquatic figures) and the Native American village along the railroad.

Not like these frogs would be particularly advanced anyway. They're small and can get away with fairly primitive motion. And therefore probably less expensive mechanics. But still, I wouldn't count on them moving at all. Happy if i'm wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom