In the Parks
No
Originally shared in the DL version by @_caleb... honestly its correct
Feel free to delete if it was already shared here
1703173887425.png

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I'm a little surprised they haven't listened to the feedback and replaced the signs on the construction walls with language that at least makes it clear it's not a restaurant—although the giant green not-a-mountain might be a dead giveaway. I haven't actually heard if people are saying that anymore.
I think the posters and such are rather lackluster, but can't really imagine anyone looking at the former Splash Mountain and thinking a restaurant is going in. Part of the hype lies in what you see towering above the walls. Even a first-timer to Disney I would think would see what was happening and assume it was a ride. They may also assume a restaurant is coming, but I can't imagine seeing TBA as it is now and not knowing it's a ride being built.

Epcot82Guy

I really don't care the design choices here personally, and it really doesn't fit Frontierland at all. But, there is no doubt it now looks significantly different than it could have. It's not Splash + some random grass & flowers. It reads way more lush green hillside than Louisiana to me. But, maybe I missed the lush rainforests near Baton Rouge...

James Alucobond

It reads way more lush green hillside than Louisiana to me. But, maybe I missed the lush rainforests near Baton Rouge...
I get the sense of a hill in a meadow more than a rainforest, but maybe that’s me. Either way, I don’t think the flowers are really intended to be bayou-accurate; it’s probably not a coincidence that they’re the same colors as the flowers that magically bless the grove where Tiana and Naveen get married.

Epcot82Guy

I get the sense of a hill in a meadow more than a rainforest, but maybe that’s me. Either way, I don’t think the flowers are really intended to be bayou-accurate; it’s probably not a coincidence that they’re the same colors as the flowers that magically bless the grove where Tiana and Naveen get married.

I think that's a better assessment. The height from the hillside is what makes it feel a bit different than what I think of as a traditional meadow (as the hills tend to rise up from the meadow rather than be covered by them). But, I totally see what you are seeing. It honestly reads a bit "fantasy Ireland" to me.

James Alucobond

It might be a reaction to all of the 'Rainforest' comments! It is starting to look a tad out of place in Frontierland.
They didn’t remove things overnight because of some comments on the internet. The most likely explanation is that this is all part of the planned installation process and people were commenting on something partially complete (mildshock.gif). If things were indeed modified somewhat, it was at the behest of an on-site Imagineer, art director, or whatever who thought some editing was in order.

UofMGuy423

Why? Who says the "frontier" has to be dust and tumbleweed? I thought everything was the "frontier" beyond the original 13 colonies.
Right, it's on the Mississippi and was part of the westward expansion from the colonies.

Separate thought, I wonder if they'll give Tiana a dedicated meet and greet over by the ride. Have her dressed up in her explorer outfit.

MagicHappens1971

Right, it's on the Mississippi and was part of the westward expansion from the colonies.

Separate thought, I wonder if they'll give Tiana a dedicated meet and greet over by the ride. Have her dressed up in her explorer outfit.
They could use that little corner by the restrooms where Jessie & Woody used to meet way back when

Professortango1

Bocabear

The exterior looks like it is coming together nicely...I like the green that has been added.
The water tower and foods factory part is still odd and troubling to me...If there is a water tower where is the actual Foods Factory?
But I am glad to see how green everything is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom