News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

retr0gate

Legitimately curious as to what people want instead of the Tiara. If it wasn't there, we already know people would be complaining about the "generic water tower."

That said, I DO wish we got the design from the original rendering, logo and all. Maybe they decided this version of the tiara was too Fantasyland-esque, but it's more visually appealing imo.
1689177830979.png

WorldExplorer

Legitimately curious as to what people want instead of the Tiara. If it wasn't there, we already know people would be complaining about the "generic water tower."

That said, I DO wish we got the design from the original rendering, logo and all. Maybe they decided this version of the tiara was too Fantasyland-esque, but it's more visually appealing imo.
View attachment 729721

Going to go out on a limb and say if people wouldn't like a generic water tower and wouldn't like a water tower with a tacky crown on the top then the solution would be to not make a water tower.

TheMaxRebo

Going to go out on a limb and say if people wouldn't like a generic water tower and wouldn't like a water tower with a tacky crown on the top then the solution would be to not make a water tower.

or possible the imagineers know what they are doing and it will all makes sense and look good when it is done and the vast majority of people will be happy with it

I know for me, outside of this forum, 99% of the comments I have seen or from talking to people are positive about the Water Tower already

WorldExplorer

or possible the imagineers know what they are doing and it will all makes sense and look good when it is done and the vast majority of people will be happy with it

I know for me, outside of this forum, 99% of the comments I have seen or from talking to people are positive about the Water Tower already

Great.

We were discussing people who have already expressed they don't like the tiara and were being accused of also not liking the water tower sans the tiara.

mickEblu

Clearly it’s a water tower with a tiara on it or nothing. Also let’s give a shout out to Tiana who off the top of my head is the only
character who has their name on a restaurant and an E ticket. Must have made billions at the box office. 😉

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Maybe to disabuse people that that hill isn't a "mountain" (as if it ever actually was except as a marketing ploy)?
By all definitions, it was a “mountain”. Especially in comparison to the other two.

When one of the major selling points of a ride is its big drop, it feels counterproductive to make it appear smaller. For sure a symptom of them not being able to pick a target audience for this retheme (besides Disfluencers).

In the Parks
No
since this retheme will bring more of a focus to younger children
But the drop will physically remain the same (not aesthetically), so it almost seems deceptive to market “the same attraction” (as many of you have described it) to a different demographic. Unless they figure out a way to go down the drop in slow-motion.

MagicHappens1971

But the drop will physically remain the same (not aesthetically), so it almost seems deceptive to market “the same attraction” (as many of you have described it) to a different demographic. Unless they figure out a way to go down the drop in slow-motion.
I don’t think “deceptive” is a good choice of words. If you think about attractions like Rock N Rollercoaster or Guardians, one could say those are “deceptive” because from the outside you would never know how “intense” those attractions are.

It’s just about the “optics” of the attraction, as for drawing kids in.

Brer Oswald

I don’t think “deceptive” is a good choice of words. If you think about attractions like Rock N Rollercoaster or Guardians, one could say those are “deceptive” because from the outside you would never know how “intense” those attractions are.

Rock N Rollercoaster is hardly deceptive. It’s marketed as a thrilling coaster in name and visuals. The marquee of the attraction features a limo driving upside down.

Incomudro

When you approach RnR there is an actual ride car that you walk under which is mounted upside down on a spiral track.

Bocabear

Maybe they should have rethemed Space Mountain to Tiana since it makes the least sense as a mountain! This connects back to @Bocabear ’s idea about Tiana in space! 🤣
Maybe that will be announced at D23 since there doesn't seem to be anything else to talk about...lol
"Join Tiana and her Employee-Owned Foods Factory staff in a tiara-topped rocket...
for a rollicking musical trip to the stars! Help Tiana as she journeys into the deepest reaches of space to find new ingredients for her Evangeline Hot Sauce!
*not suitable for toddlers.
Visit Tiana's Company Store to purchase your own special souvenir bottle!"

yensidtlaw1969

This notion has been discussed again and again, the running theory/“confirmation” is that they want the “mountain” to look smaller, since this retheme will bring more of a focus to younger children.
No, they want the mountain to look smaller because it's being rethemed from a mountain to a salt dome, and salt domes aren't as tall as mountains. None of Louisiana is known for excessive elevation, so they're downplaying the height to fit that new story.

The idea that they're trying to appeal to a younger audience than before just doesn't actually make any sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom