News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

Disney loves to promote...so if there are great animatronics made for the ride there will be some sort of a press release when they appear... Like the B&TB animatronics... And those are wonderful...but the ride looks a bit less than fabulous...lots of repetition and half empty rooms.... but the animatronics look great!

mickEblu

Can they afford to keep spending 100s of millions of dollars on movies (Lightyear, Strange World) and ride rethemes (Tiana, Pixar Pier, Mission Breakout) that lose money or don’t move the needle?

MerlinTheGoat

I didn't know you could see the future. I also didn't know keeping the old riverboat prop was the only thing spelling this re-theme from full disaster.

Well now that it's a total wash, and the world is officially ending, I guess we won't see you in the queue?
There are a lot of things that will need to be done correctly to prevent it from being a disaster. Screwing up the finale and reducing the animatronic population to 6 is pretty high up on that list given how impactful that scene is to the ride.

If the ride sucks, I indeed won't be getting in line. Did you think you had some sort of "haha gotcha" with that question? If I don't enjoy a ride, I don't ride it. And that number is rapidly growing as of late. Lay off the troll juice, thus far I have been far more charitable to this retheme than the vast majority of people here due to having heard some good things. I hope for everyone's sake that the tweet is incorrect though because it would destroy a lot of the hope I had for it.

MerlinTheGoat

Do we know if the new animatronics will be like the (amazing) Beauty and the Beast ones? I was watching a video of 7 dwarfs and am praying the projected faces trend has ended, they just never look right.
I was specifically told months ago they will be proper physical figures, not projected. Some will be A1000s. There will be some less advanced but still high quality AA's as well.

Then again, I was also told they would be reusing the America Sings characters too. So we'll see.

Vegas Disney Fan

Can they afford to keep spending 100s of millions of dollars on movies (Lightyear, Strange World) and ride rethemes (Tiana, Pixar Pier, Mission Breakout) that lose money or don’t move the needle?
Technically yes, they ”can” afford it because they are still making billions in profit, the bigger question is how long will the executives last because they used to make tens of billions.

MerlinTheGoat

The track layout isn't charging. But the big drop will be less psychologically intense due to the scenery alterations during the final lift and removal of the briar patch.

Disney Analyst

There are a lot of things that will need to be done correctly to prevent it from being a disaster. Screwing up the finale and reducing the animatronic population to 6 is pretty high up on that list given how impactful that scene is to the ride.

If the ride sucks, I indeed won't be getting in line. Did you think you had some sort of "haha gotcha" with that question? If I don't enjoy a ride, I don't ride it. And that number is rapidly growing as of late. Lay off the troll juice, thus far I have been far more charitable to this retheme than the vast majority of people here due to having heard some good things. I hope for everyone's sake that the tweet is incorrect though because it would destroy a lot of the hope I had for it.

Certainly not trying to troll, or gotcha. Perhaps just being a bit sassy from all the hysteria of late.

If Disney does indeed screw this up, I'll be the first to say I feel they screwed it up.

But we have no confirmation on the finale, how effective it will be, how many AAs.

But I did always presume the boat would go, and Tiana's Place is a beautiful locale to replace it with.

1688758312287.png

(assuming the boat is actually going to be removed)

In the Parks
No
Not to say this is correct, but Disney does indeed use rudimentary cgi ride through to help with the design process. And sometimes they're released publicly. 7DMT had one, as did Tony Baxter's canned Little Mermaid ride from the early 90s. I was told one exists for Tiana as well.

I can confirm that a CGI ride-thru does exist. An acquaintance of mine has seen it.

MerlinTheGoat

Splasharchive on twitter also said something is going to happen in the next couple of days that will verify their claims about the finale. So I guess we'll find out very soon whether the info is legit.

splash mountain archive here! i would assume so. there was one that was extremely bare that was ready by the time disneyland reopened
in 2021. im sure its been updated over time but im planning on "releasing" the renderings ive obtained.
Oh good, I didn't realize you had an account here.

If the renders are from 2021, can you be certain they're still up to date and accurate to what is being built now? As far as i'm aware, they didn't have a fully finalized plan figured out until fairly close to D23 last year. And from what I was told from my own source (and some of this is fairly recent from the latter part of last year and earlier this year), the ride received multiple substantial budget increases and drastic evolutions to the quality and quantity of the scenery/figures over the last couple of years since it was first announced. Their initial impressions of the ride prior to D23 were not favorable at all either, but there was an abrupt shift in this opinion due to learning and seeing more about the finalized plans.

I was also told that the ride would have a lot of animatronics. Both a substantial amount of new ones (which seems to be backed up by the art and the source also claimed to have seen several of the new ones) as well as reusing the America Sings figures. The gist of what I was told is that the ride should satisfy people who value those classic style rides with lots of AA's.

The two pieces of artwork that Disney released at D23 and a couple of months after don't seem like what i'd describe as "bare". They seem to point towards a greater number of animatronics than even Splash Mountain has in those specific scenes.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom