Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
So correct me if I'm wrong, BUT:
  • Disneyland's Splash is pretty much confirmed to retheme
  • World's is possibly going to be saved
  • Tokyo is not
(Haven't had time to ping pong between coast topics)

mickEblu

For those of you hoping to purchase some 'Splash Mountain' related merchandise once Disneyland reopens....take heed.

This is what things looked like at WDW today within an hour of opening for AP previews.
Note items shown in bags and boxes....

View attachment 482449

View attachment 482450

View attachment 482451

It was my understanding that Disney was cracking down on APs using their discount to make obvious multiple purchases of the same item(s).
There was a big announcement about this last year or so....but perhaps that was only being directed to Disneyland AP'ers...?

Seeing this isn't surprising, but it still makes me very angry.

:mad:

Lol WOW no Shame

George Lucas on a Bench

Also, what DL's POTC was like before they put a bridge in front of it.

tdl01_1.jpg

PiratesMansion

I think WDW should be the testing ground for everything WDI does. If it proves successful out there, then consider it for DL.

WDW can't even bother to maintain what it has and is allergic to spending. Unless WDI is comping it, they're only interested if they absolutely have to be.

Tokyo is really going to be a strong candidate for best Disney park in the world now. The best versions of PotC, HM and original Splash.
It already was the best Disney resort in the world. And Amen to those three rides in particular.

But as another pitch to others who haven't been, because I can't help myself: this past summer, it was incredibly refreshing to see a Constance-less HM, the original auction scene of Pirates, a scary (ironically not labeled as such) Snow White Adventures, a Space Mountain still approached via speedramp, a Treehouse still inhabited by the Swiss Family, a Pooh ride that's rises above "meh it's ok I guess," amazing day and night parades that run daily in addition to the other stellar entertainment offerings, a Toontown that doesn't look like its best days are behind it, Country Bear Jamboree Vacation Hoedown (even if I still think the original show is better), top notch CMs (and plenty of them) around every corner, the best Splash Mountain and the only one likely to stick around with its own area built just for the ride (as opposed to being repurposed, as the DL and WDW areas were), and that's without getting into how wonderful it is to have a second gate that's actually worth something. Assuming I'm able to return someday, I would love to experience a Mark Twain ride that still has a burning cabin on its vintage and unaltered Tom Sawyer Island, complete with tourable fort. And I've barely gotten into the unique stuff, or bizarre things like Tony Solaroni. And a one day TDR ticket is half the price of a one day DL ticket. (The only disclaimer? CHECK THAT REFURB SCHEDULE BEFORE YOU GO. Whenever you go, I guarantee you something WILL be closed. Make sure it's something you don't care about before you commit to trip dates. If Pooh, TOT, Sindbad, or Journey are closed, pick different dates. Also, friends don't let friends go to TDR on weekends or Japanese Holidays.)

AND they FINALLY released an English-language app that you can get FPs on AND you can book restaurant reservations on their website in English now!

And when you're done with TDR, you have an incredible country to explore (and if you're so inclined, you can cross the Chinese parks off your bucket list with a ~four hour plane ride to each one-about how long it takes me to fly to DLR each time I visit). If you have any financial flexibility and interest in Disney parks at all, it's a no brainer.

Last edited:

mickEblu

WDW can't even bother to maintain what it has and is allergic to spending. Unless WDI is comping it, they're only interested if they absolutely have to be.

It already was the best Disney resort in the world. And Amen to those three rides in particular.

But as another pitch to others who haven't been, because I can't help myself: this past summer, it was incredibly refreshing to see a Constance-less HM, the original auction scene of Pirates, a scary (ironically not labeled as such) Snow White Adventures, a Space Mountain still approached via speedramp, a Treehouse still inhabited by the Swiss Family, a Pooh ride that's rises above "meh it's ok I guess," amazing day and night parades that run daily in addition to the other stellar entertainment offerings, a Toontown that doesn't look like its best days are behind it, Country Bear Jamboree Vacation Hoedown (even if I still think the original show is better), top notch CMs (and plenty of them) around every corner, the best Splash Mountain and the only one likely to stick around with its own area built just for the ride (as opposed to being repurposed, as the DL and WDW areas were), and that's without getting into how wonderful it is to have a second gate that's actually worth something. Assuming I'm able to return someday, I would love to experience a Mark Twain ride that still has a burning cabin on its vintage and unaltered Tom Sawyer Island, complete with tourable fort. And I've barely gotten into the unique stuff, or bizarre things like Tony Solaroni. And a one day TDR ticket is half the price of a one day DL ticket. (The only disclaimer? CHECK THAT REFURB SCHEDULE BEFORE YOU GO. Whenever you go, I guarantee you something WILL be closed. Make sure it's something you don't care about before you commit to trip dates. If Pooh, TOT, Sindbad, or Journey are closed, pick different dates. Also, friends don't let friends go to TDR on weekends or Japanese Holidays.)

AND they FINALLY released an English-language app that you can get FPs on AND you can book restaurant reservations on their website in English now!

And when you're done with TDR, you have an incredible country to explore (and if you're so inclined, you can cross the Chinese parks off your bucket list with a ~four hour plane ride to each one-about how long it takes me to fly to DLR each time I visit). If you have any financial flexibility and interest in Disney parks at all, it's a no brainer.

I wasn’t very interested in visiting Japan before but it’s shot up pretty high on my list the last few years. Of course you have the Disney Parks but there’s a lot more. Kyoto is where you can find those beautiful temples (?)right? Or is it Osaka? I’d love to see the Cherry Blossoms too one day.

PiratesMansion

I wasn’t very interested in visiting Japan before but it’s shot up pretty high on my list the last few years. Of course you have the Disney Parks but there’s a lot more. Kyoto is where you can find those beautiful temples (?)right? Or is it Osaka? I’d love to see the Cherry Blossoms too one day.

You can find temples and shrines all over the country, but Kyoto definitely has the highest concentration of them, as the historical capital of the country for around a century, and it was one of the few cities spared from WWII bombing. It's a very special place, and I far prefer it to Tokyo.

Cherry Blossoms would be very cool too!

Osaka is near Kyoto and where you can find their Universal (which I visited primarily because at that time they still had BTTF:TR, it's also very cool but far less essential vs. TDR), but based on my experiences in the city I wouldn't consider anything in Osaka a must see. Certainly nowhere near the level of Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, and Hiroshima. And the Japan Rail Pass offered to foreigners makes a round trip bullet train trip between those places and Tokyo very, very affordable to visitors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom