Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

SuddenStorm

Interesting. If this is the case, it would lay to rest the speculation that Florida's is awkwardly paced due to it being primarily designed for Disneyland.

This does seem a bit overstated though, 'animatronics hitting each other' would be a planning and scene layout disaster that should have been caught straightaway in their digital modelling of the attraction. WDI isn't what they used to be, but I refuse to believe they're that incompetent.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
1727232815460.png

funny-fight-slap.gif

TP2000

Haha, thank you. There simply haven’t been any actual developments in the last month; I think we’re all just waiting for this thing to open, hoping WDI makes at least some minor edits to the Disneyland version.

I'm still eeking out hope that the pacing will be better at Disneyland, without as many weird gaps in dialogue and show scenes, as that was the ride complex this Tiana concept was mainly designed for in a silly self-induced panic.

Overseas travel tends to remind one that Disneyland may not actually be worth all the mental energy we devote to it.

No kidding. I did nearly back-to-back Viking cruises; one river journey on one of their longships and one ocean journey on a cruise ship. Both were incredible because of the storytelling that Viking weaves into all their journeys; the brilliant lecturers and multi-media presentations delivered onboard by subject matter experts paired with perfectly aligned port visits and countryside tours that build upon and bring to life all the incredible stories and information you are learning simultaneously. From the Normandy invasion (I got teary thinking of how America and Great Britain saved the world!) to wine making and cooking classes to architecture and dance, it was all plussed up by incredible storytelling. Plus a gaggle of like-minded fun folks who can follow a dress code to chat with it all about over dinner and laugh and learn.

I already reserved future '25 voyages, and snagged a last minute deal for this winter.

Disney and WDI used to laud their storytelling abilities, from architecture to Cast Member appearance and deportment to stagecraft and showmanship. But Disney has really lowered their standards in the past five years, and allowing a group of professionals like Viking to educate and entertain you through the power of modern storytelling really makes that point painfully clear. :oops:

Phroobar

My family needs to start doing destination cruises instead of the cheap quickies down to Mexico just for the food. The booze-cruises aren't much fun if you don't drink. The destination cruises sound more fun with their lectures and presentations. The only good thing about a Disney cruise is the food is slightly better than Carnival which isn't saying much.

SuddenStorm

Disney and WDI used to laud their storytelling abilities, from architecture to Cast Member appearance and deportment to stagecraft and showmanship. But Disney has really lowered their standards in the past five years, and allowing a group of professionals like Viking to educate and entertain you through the power of modern storytelling really makes that point painfully clear. :oops:

They still do. I firmly believe that many within the company still think Disney's the best thing since sliced bread, and that they can do no wrong, and that everything they do is incredible. I mean the amount of vapid self praise within the company is sickening, especially as they're actively doing damage to their parks and brand.

mickEblu

They still do. I firmly believe that many within the company still think Disney's the best thing since sliced bread, and that they can do no wrong, and that everything they do is incredible. I mean the amount of vapid self praise within the company is sickening, especially as they're actively doing damage to their parks and brand.

Don’t forget about the fandom! If Disney does visit these boards they’ll be stoked to know that their training on lowering standards is working as planned.

SuddenStorm

Don’t forget about the fandom! If Disney does visit these boards they’ll be stoked to know that they re training on lowering standards is working as planned.

Yes, I've sometimes been baffled by what people will defend online. I have to wonder if it's from the newer generation getting raised on budget Disney's DCA, so they have nostalgia for that level of themed design, whereas people that are 40ish and up remember a Disneyland before Harris and Pressler.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I remember ‘Disney’ when it was Walt Disney Productions.
And it was WED.

And we had real animated films, made by drawing on paper and painting cels.

And EPCOT Center.

And we had Standards we did not stray from.

Back when literally anything and everything was possible.

✨

-
The Glorious Years when I was still Gruntled Walt!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom