Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

This is not a read or meant to be rude, but knowing you from these boards… I think you’ll think it sucks, no matter what 😅

That’s fine. I have numerous detailed posts explaining what I find wrong with the ride. Plenty of ideas of what they can do to fix them. Numerous things i predicted before the first POV was even released that came to fruition. With all due respect, I really couldn’t care less what you think 😊

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
That’s fine. I have numerous detailed posts explaining what I find wrong with the ride. Plenty of ideas of what they can do to fix them. Numerous things i predicted before the first POV was even released that came to fruition. With all due respect, I really couldn’t care less what you think 😊
I've watched ride-throughs of Tiana's over a dozen times from over a dozen YouTube channels and it will never be more than a lower-than-average mediocre attraction for me. The only thing I anticipate being different at DL is the pacing where the faster logs will make the scenes look less spread out. There might be some staging differences, but I anticipate the overall story and dialogue will be identical.

Anything they "fix" here at DL that they learned from Florida will be technical only. The imagineers love what they did. They aren't going to do any last minute re-writes.

I'm planning to go the week of its opening to check it out and I'll probably ride it from time to time, especially on hot summer days, but I'll never see this as an upgrade to Splash. Like you, I really don't care if people don't like my opinion on it or not. I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like.

Much like MMRR. I'll ride it because it's there, but I don't love it. Doesn't even crack the top 10.

mickEblu

We both know that the things that you consider “sucking” with this attraction won’t be “fixed”, at least not to your satisfaction.

lol true. Not expecting them to be fixed this round. I think a little time will need to pass for egos not be bruised and so that optics wont be bad. The concern I have is with all the DL Forward stuff going on is that these changes I'm hopeful for would go on the perpetual back burner. With that said I still like my bold prediction from years ago... they end up fixing some of the issues with the ride under the guise of a Halloween overlay with Dr. Facilier. But they read these forums apparently and now they might not do it BECAUSE of my comment. Dammit! Shot myself in the foot.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I've watched ride-throughs of Tiana's over a dozen times from over a dozen YouTube channels and it will never be more than a lower-than-average mediocre attraction for me. The only thing I anticipate being different at DL is the pacing where the faster logs will make the scenes look less spread out. There might be some staging differences, but I anticipate the overall story and dialogue will be identical.

Anything they "fix" here at DL that they learned from Florida will be technical only. The imagineers love what they did. They aren't going to do any last minute re-writes.

I'm planning to go the week of its opening to check it out and I'll probably ride it from time to time, especially on hot summer days, but I'll never see this as an upgrade to Splash. Like you, I really don't care if people don't like my opinion on it or not. I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like.

Agree with all of this except I have to believe that at least half the imagineers think it's bad or at least know much can be improved. Especially the ones that didn't work on it. How can a real creative look at TBA and not be chomping at the bit thinking of a million different ways it can be improved? Instead of touching POTC or HM for the 25th time they should focus on that. I think many are but know it's kind of untouchable right now.

Much like MMRR. I'll ride it because it's there, but I don't love it. Doesn't even crack the top 10.

Agree. Although I suppose that goes for more than handful of rides for me.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
lol true. Not expecting them to be fixed this round. I think a little time will need to pass for egos not be bruised and so that optics wont be bad. The concern I have is with all the DL Forward stuff going on is that these changes I'm hopeful for would go on the perpetual back burner. With that said I still like my bold prediction from years ago... they end up fixing some of the issues with the ride under the guise of a Halloween overlay with Dr. Facilier. But they read these forums apparently and now they might not do it BECAUSE of my comment. Dammit! Shot myself in the foot.
Holiday overlays are a way that they can incorporate some of your ideas, especially since some places can be quickly done like the lift hill. Whether they do it or not will depend on whether they think there is something to gain, ie something they can sell in-conjunction with it to justify the cost. Like for OBB nights or something.

If it ever happens I would think it would be 3-5 years down the line. But who knows they introduced MB:Monsters After Dark almost immediately. So maybe they do it next year.

mickEblu

Holiday overlays are a way that they can incorporate some of your ideas, especially since some places can be quickly done like the lift hill. Whether they do it or not will depend on whether they think there is something to gain, ie something they can sell in-conjunction with it to justify the cost. Like for OBB nights or something.

If it ever happens I would think it would be 3-5 years down the line. But who knows they introduced MB:Monsters After Dark almost immediately. So maybe they do it next year.

It’s possible. In the grand scheme of things it wouldn’t take a ton of money to fix most of the issues. Just the will and the right people.

Last edited:

TP2000

They could theme the mountain to an ancient Egyptian pyramid for all I care. Unless they fix the story issues (they won’t), the whole thing is a misguided trainwreck.
I’m hoping they addressed the issue of the ride sucking.

I was trying to get caught up on this thread and topic after several weeks of overseas travels, and these two quotes from the first page I missed back in late August to the last page I missed here in late September seem to sum it all up for this project.

Ah, well. At least we have our memories of a Disneyland in decades past that used to be happy and great. :)

mickEblu

I was trying to get caught up on this thread and topic after several weeks of overseas travels, and these two quotes from the first page I missed back in late August to the last page I missed here in late September seem to sum it all up for this project.

Ah, well. At least we have our memories of a Disneyland in decades past that used to be happy and great. :)

Lol

Welcome back! Was wondering where you’ve been.

Too Many Hats

Haha, thank you. There simply haven’t been any actual developments in the last month; I think we’re all just waiting for this thing to open, hoping WDI makes at least some minor edits to the Disneyland version.

Overseas travel tends to remind one that Disneyland may not actually be worth all the mental energy we devote to it.

For sure! And it’s our duty to tell the younger generations about mythical things like Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, free Fastpass, and so on.

Too Many Hats

Oh well. At least the water will still smell the same. And there’s drops.

Ideally the artificial beignet scent will overpower that nasty water smell. I know I won’t be able to resist a Strawberry Pie-filled Beignet (only $4.99) at Tiana’s Palace after every ride on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure!

And hopefully Disney removes those pesky drops one day. Go to Magic Mountain if you need thrills; the target audience here is preschoolers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom