Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

Shared this earlier in the WDW thread. I’m fairly confident this will be the plot of the ride….

So I think the below image kind of lends itself to the rumor that we get shrunk down. I’m guessing Mama Odie shrinks us down to the size of a firefly. Which is why there will be some “big” frog AAs at some point - which I believe Disney mentioned in one of their park blogs? If the fireflies actually have a prominent role on the attraction and are telling us “where the shortcut is” then it would make sense that they appear on a larger scale while we are also the size of fireflies. Otherwise they would be tiny and get lost in the scene(s). Also makes sense why we meet the Frogs last if we are following the order the critters were unveiled in the park blogs. The lift hill must be Mama Odie turning us human again. Which would be great place for them to play the “When we’re Human” song and might be how they reverse engineered this plot point in the first place. Or it could be “When we’re Human” during the latter half of the old LP scenes and then "Dig a little Deeper" on the lift hill. Dig a Little Deeper in this context would be finding the courage to take the drop/ shortcut.

Having this plot point surrounding frogs and fireflies is not only a nice callback to the source material but also a clever way of working around the fact that Ray is dead and Tiana can’t be a frog. If any of the above is accurate the only question left is what happens while we’re shrunk down? Would the musical frogs try to eat us? That seems unlikely but not impossible. There has to be a bigger/ better reason for shrinking us down other than to showcase some large frogs. Perhaps, like I said, it really was just created as a way to have the “When we’re Human” song on the ride. Which happens to be my favorite song on the soundtrack. Regardless, this was their way of adding some suspense/ adventure into Tiana’s Bayou ADVENTURE. Wonder what the story reason for turning small is? Maybe this is where the secret ingredient plot point comes up. Have to be small to fit somewhere to get it.

1A36234C-5408-4B03-A0F4-35C0F5E7D7BE.jpeg

Last edited:

_caleb

Shared this earlier in the WDW thread. I’m fairly confident this will be the plot of the ride….

So I think the below image kind of lends itself to the rumor that we get shrunk down. I’m guessing Mama Odie shrinks us down to the size of a firefly. Which is why there will be some “big” frog AAs at some point - which I believe Disney mentioned in one of their park blogs? If the fireflies actually have a prominent role on the attraction and are telling us “where the shortcut is” then it would make sense that they appear on a larger scale while we are also the size of fireflies. Otherwise they would be tiny and get lost in the scene(s). Also makes sense why we meet the Frogs last if we are following the order the critters were unveiled in the park blogs. The lift hill must be Mama Odie turning us human again. Which would be great place for them to play the “human again” song and might be how they reverse engineered this plot point in the first place. Or it could be “Human Again” during the latter half of the old LP scenes and then "Dig a little Deeper" on the lift hill. Dig a Little Deeper in this context would be finding the courage to take the drop/ shortcut.

Having this plot point surrounding frogs and fireflies is not only a nice callback to the source material but also a clever way of working around the fact that Ray is dead and Tiana can’t be a frog. If any of the above is accurate the only question left is what happens while we’re shrunk down? Would the musical frogs try to eat us? That seems unlikely but not impossible. There has to be a bigger/ better reason for shrinking us down other than to showcase some large frogs. Perhaps, like I said, it really was just created as a way to have the “Human Again” song on the ride. Which happens to be my favorite song on the soundtrack. Regardless, this was their way of adding some suspense/ adventure into Tiana’s Bayou ADVENTURE. Wonder what the story reason for turning small is? Maybe this is where the secret ingredient plot point comes up. Have to be small to fit somewhere to get it.

View attachment 787099
Interesting theory! I think that sounds like a great story for this ride.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I do enjoy MK's sets more. But Take Me Along Gator and Burrow's Lament are great moments that I missed at MK. Laughin' Place starting halfway through the first scene also threw me off.

I agree with you there. MK's Splash was spectacular, but WDI got certain things right the first time. Burrow's Lament was a critical story beat; the music still played during MK's lift hill, but it wasn't the same without the full scene.

And the coaster drop prompting the song change was the correct choice. I suspect WDI changed this in Orlando because the first portion of that ride was just so long. But the musical cues perfectly corresponded to the changes in mood in the Anaheim version.

MK's Splash reminds me of what has happened to MK's Haunted Mansion. Sure, people like it more, but many obsessive fans who nerd out over theme parks as a piece of art (like me) talk about how the queue throws off the progression, Hat Box Ghost's location makes no sense, and the ending is just way too cartoony.

MK's Mansion is indeed too cartoony, and it hurts the storytelling. I never felt that way about MK's Splash.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

The latter versions also prove for me that it's not simply the number of AAs that matter; the placement, thought, and integration into the story matter are arguably more important. The DL version had more AAs because of the America Sings connection, sure, but each AA in Florida and Tokyo felt as though it mattered more, rather than getting lost as could sometimes happen on the DL version.

I agree completely with your point about integrating AAs into the story. DL's Splash had a lot of extraneous (and I'd say under-appreciated) AAs (remember the cats off to the side in the finale?).

However, I did really love that DL's Laughing Place was absolutely filled with kooky characters, like the band or the man-sized dog spinning around in the rowboat (meanwhile MK's scene only featured a few turtles, if I recall correctly).

TheRealSkull

This is for WDW, but a good indication of what is to come for Disneyland's version, from We Call It Imagineering Episode 2 Trailer :

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240528_133333_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240528_133333_YouTube.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20240528_133329_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240528_133329_YouTube.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20240528_133314_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240528_133314_YouTube.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20240528_133257_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240528_133257_YouTube.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 1716918567040.png
    1716918567040.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 56

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

This is for WDW, but a good indication of what is to come for Disneyland's version, from We Call It Imagineering Episode 2 Trailer :

Wow, that scene looks just like it did before, but without the fun animatronic frogs and goose. AMAZING! 🤩

Why do modern Imagineers seem like such dorks? Are they forced to read from scripts or are they genuinely this milquetoast?

waltography

We get drips of what's inside the ride as-is, and they go and release that? Surely they know how this all looks right?

And this is coming from someone who hasn't had a problem with the retheme at all; Splash doesn't really move the needle for me, but I'd imagine given how so many people loved the original I'd be careful with what on-ride images I shared of the new version.

CaptinEO

Wow, that scene looks just like it did before, but without the fun animatronic frogs and goose. AMAZING! 🤩

Why do modern Imagineers seem like such dorks? Are they forced to read from scripts or are they genuinely this milquetoast?
I think we all called this one. Instead of dozens of animatronics you get a couple SUPER COOL EXPENSIVE animatronics, so a guy in a suit can go on stage saying how much money they spent on something you pass for one fraction of a second on a log ride.

Mickey's Pal

We get drips of what's inside the ride as-is, and they go and release that? Surely they know how this all looks right?

And this is coming from someone who hasn't had a problem with the retheme at all; Splash doesn't really move the needle for me, but I'd imagine given how so many people loved the original I'd be careful with what on-ride images I shared of the new version.
Did you not see the awful video they released of the Star Cruiser with the kid from the Goldberg's they later had taken down off the internet? Disney is totally not aware of how this looks and thinks it looks good. They do not think these things through or review it before releasing it.

mickEblu

The 'TIANA'S FOODS' sign looks soo out of place and flat out tacky.

Exactly. Not only is that Tiana’s Foods logo God Awful but it’s always plastered over a flat, cheap sign that’s placed terribly. This team sucks. The only saving grace on the inside of the attraction will be the tech, state of the art AAs and fog effects in darker rooms. Easier to hide this teams ineptitude that way.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom