Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I’ll take it but go figure real grass on an obscured roof and not on a high profile, High visibility, iconic queue themed to a lawn. 🤷🏻‍♂️

With that said are we sure it’s real?
There was always grass on that roof (and ferns) and they don't have to maintain it like in the HM queue. They just let it grow out.

I think there wouldn't be dirt under it if it was fake and it definitely looks like sod.....at least from these zoomed in low res pics.

mickEblu

There was always grass on that roof (and ferns) and they don't have to maintain it like in the HM queue. They just let it grow out.

I think there wouldn't be dirt under it if it was fake and it definitely looks like sod.....at least from these zoomed in low res pics.

I know and I prefer it that way but when it was Briar Patch they ALSO had real grass at the Mansion. You’d think they’d put fake grass here too since they didn’t care about Mansion looking like a miniature golf course.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I know and I prefer it that way but when it was Briar Patch they ALSO had real grass at the Mansion. You’d think they’d put fake grass here too since they didn’t care about Mansion looking like a miniature golf course.
That's why I said they don't have to maintain it. The grass on the roof doesn't need as frequent watering or any mowing. The queue of the HM needs constant watering to maintain its lush greenness and be mowed every few days to maintain its height. It's more work that they don't have to do.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's the most logical explanation.

mickEblu

That's why I said they don't have to maintain it. The grass on the roof doesn't need as frequent watering or any mowing. The queue of the HM needs constant watering to maintain its lush greenness and be mowed every few days to maintain its height. It's more work that they don't have to do.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's the most logical explanation.

I could find their logic understandable if it was some huge plot of land but not in this unique case.

TP2000

Real grass?! In this economy??

TDA obviously looked at the state reservoirs that are all above average again this year and said "Let's plant some real stuff!"

Have A Drink!.jpg

TP2000

So, remind me again, when do the CM previews for this ride start? That should be very soon, right?

I'm still holding out hope that the inane plot (Find a band!) and insipid dialogue (We found a band!) of the WDW version will flow better and be less stupid at the Disneyland version. I'm not expecting any big changes to animatronics or set design compared to WDW, but I'm just hoping the Disneyland ride system's faster and more frenetic travel time through the show scenes will make this ride's dialogue and pacing slightly better than the awful WDW version.

What's the word on when CM Previews start, and thus when we can expect our first decent ride-thru videos and reviews?

Too Many Hats

The rumor is that they will be redoing the queue for PotC to add a LL dedicate queue where Royal Street is now. This will allow both the left and right queues to return back to standby and get guests out of the NOS walkways.

I’d support any proposal, at this point. Pirates’ overflowing queue has been a crowd-control nightmare for years, and it’s gone from bad to worse with the implementation of LL.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
So, remind me again, when do the CM previews for this ride start? That should be very soon, right?

I'm still holding out hope that the inane plot (Find a band!) and insipid dialogue (We found a band!) of the WDW version will flow better and be less stupid at the Disneyland version. I'm not expecting any big changes to animatronics or set design compared to WDW, but I'm just hoping the Disneyland ride system's faster and more frenetic travel time through the show scenes will make this ride's dialogue and pacing slightly better than the awful WDW version.

What's the word on when CM Previews start, and thus when we can expect our first decent ride-thru videos and reviews?
I believe this coming Monday or Tuesday.

I'm on the fence about watching ride-thrus on YT because I'm going to be in the parks on Nov 18-19 and want to see if firsthand. I'm very bad a resisting temptation though. Lol

mickEblu

I believe this coming Monday or Tuesday.

I'm on the fence about watching ride-thrus on YT because I'm going to be in the parks on Nov 18-19 and want to see if firsthand. I'm very bad a resisting temptation though. Lol

Lol same here. I’m going 11/3 (assuming I get a VQ) and I’m still wondering if I’ll be able to avoid the YT videos or partaking in discussion here.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Cast previews start October 22, while Magic Key holders begin October 21:

IMG_3993E9DA8CD3-1 2.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom