Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Turns out Disneyland Will get the superior version of Bayou adventure compare to what MK got.

See, even a minor staging adjustment goes a long way toward enhancing the attraction’s sense of humor, charm, whimsy.

I know this difference was planned before the fan complaints, but I really hope WDI takes a moment to consider other AA relocations and relatively easy show scene edits that might bolster the existing attraction.

Brer Oswald

Also, I’m very curious to see how that entire bayou layout it going to look now. The thing about Disneyland Splash is that you could see ahead into future scenes. It never killed the immersion because Brer Rabbit was the only character to appear twice up here, and the second one was obscured. Unless they put in major walls though, it’s going to be pretty easy to see (and hear) Tiana numbers 2, 3 and 4 at the same time.

In the Parks
No
This isn’t at all proof of a confirmed story edit. It’s just a different configuration of the figures. Likely because Disneyland’s Splash has less staging space towards the end of the HDYD section, where this animatronic will likely be placed
Lately people have been praising the dead space because it's relaxing, so actually Disneyland is getting the worse version because of this.

mickEblu

Lately people have been praising the dead space because it's relaxing, so actually Disneyland is getting the worse version because of this.

6 minutes into the ride is a weird place to get relaxing. At that point you should be in the thick of it. It’s a 10 minute + ride. They had the first 3 minutes outdoors to be relaxing.

Brer Oswald

6 minutes into the ride is a weird place to get relaxing. At that point you should be in the thick of it. It’s a 10 minute + ride. They had the first 3 minutes outdoors to be relaxing.
The pacing of the new attraction is objectively terrible. Just like the dialogue. A lot of other complaints are definitely subjective, but those are the two main things I see as fundamental flaws that need to be fixed in an update down the line.

In the Parks
No
No this ride is supposed to be constantly relaxing. There's nothing wrong, ever. Even the 52 foot plunge is really nothing at all.

WDI in 2024: "There's nothing wrong ever." @Disstevefan1 we need you to make a graphic of this.

Basketbuddy101

Let's not forget everyone's favorite excuse for shoddy park-related decision-making.

1718398547097.png

TP2000

I don't know how you fix the "look for musicians"/"special spice" inconsistency easily. Also, all the references to Tiana's Foods is so stupid. It has nothing to do with anything in the ride. As someone said earlier, it really does seems like something was changed at the 11th hour.

Yes, at this point it's fairly obvious that something, somehow, was changed and/or removed from this ride at a point that made it too late to do much about. And thus we've got the paper thin and rather pointless plot we have now.

The question then becomes, what was changed/removed from this plot and storyline, and why? And here's where it gets scary... was perhaps the original version of this ride even worse, and these last minute changes actually improved the ride to the point we now see today upon its grand opening? Could this have been even worse and we were somehow spared that by swapping in a "Looking for musicians in the bayou" plot instead?

The mind boggles at what went on within WDI during 2021-2023 as this ride came to be. o_O

Brer Oswald

I totally get your point. I am letting it go as we in MK have the Mine train along with New Fantasy land , we now have TRON and we still have COP and we still have People mover.
I don’t think any of those even compare. New Fantasyland is an overpriced restaurant, an okay Omnimover that’s in DCA, and a kiddie coaster version of Big Thunder. And TRON is a weaker Hagrid’s.

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
See, even a minor staging adjustment goes a long way toward enhancing the attraction’s sense of humor, charm, whimsy.

I know this difference was planned before the fan complaints, but I really hope WDI takes a moment to consider other AA relocations and relatively easy show scene edits that might bolster the existing attraction.
If they're putting her and Louis right before the dip-drop at Disneyland too, that has them putting them roughly where the hitch-hiking crocodile was, since the rest of the area is evac path which I doubt they'd turn into show scene-
Capture.PNG

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
On a side note, I'm hoping for DL's that they remove the leaf transition with Odie right before the big lift hill.
Leaf.PNG

I get its supposed to be her peering down at tiny us, but the swirling leaves give off a Power Point transition feeling between lines. Just have Odie looking down the entire time and going "Ah there you are!" when the log hits the senor.

Rich T

Here’s what I’d call a balanced, down-to-earth review of TBA from two specific points of view: One from a Disney fan who grew up with Splash Mountain, and one from a theme park/coaster fan who has no real emotional attachment to any Disney IP.

I think what they say after getting off the ride is one of the most fair, grounded, on-target assessments I’ve heard yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom