Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

Got to remember that anyone, no matter who they are, couldn't possibly like anything that modern Disney does without being a paid shill suckling at the teat of Disney, whereas someone who is negative is the only honest one's that are "just telling it like it is", or so I've been told by posters here.

Disney I'll be expecting my back "shill pay" any day now, been waiting years, is the check in the mail?!?

Of course it's possible that someone could like something without being a shill. I'd never call a random anonymous person on the internet with a positive comment a shill. They might just have low standards. Lol. When it comes to the vlogger in question we have plenty of data and his opinion on this attraction is a bit out of character and just doesn't add up when you compare to past critiques. Now factor in other things like him being back on the media list and its pretty obvious. When someone is making a living off Disney content, it would behoove them to stay on Disney's good side. I'm not sure Tom was blatantly shilling in his review but it did appear he was trying very hard to highlight small positives and gloss over big negatives. He's also a bright guy so it won't be as obvious as it would be with other people.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

I think people (no matter how they feel about this retheme) tend to it like it a little more when they ride it naturally. Not only has the initial disappointment of the POV settled but you are now physically experiencing something in real life. The twinkling lights in the dark, the sound being all around instead of coming through an iPhone speaker, the thrills, the water hitting you etc.
There’s also the “new” factor. Like it’s easy to get caught up in the hype/excitement experiencing a “new” attraction, especially if you get to see it earlier than the rest of the public. It’s quite telling that the reactions are still as mixed as they are. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that for a new ride or even a ride replacement. Frozen and Runaway Railway had more positive feedback than this.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Of course it's possible that someone could like something without being shill. I'd never call a random anonymous person on the internet with a positive comment a shill. They might just have low standards. Lol. When it comes to the blogger in question we have plenty of data and his opinion on this attraction is a bit out of character and just doesn't add up when you compare to past critiques. Now factor in other things like him being back on the media list and its pretty obvious. When someone is making a living off Disney content, it would behoove them to stay on Disney's good side. I'm not sure Tom was blatantly shilling in his review but it did appear he was trying very hard to focus on and highlight small positives and gloss over big negatives. He's also a bright guy so it won't be as obvious as it would be with other people.
Except we aren't talking specifically about Tom and his reviews, I'll leave it to others to form their own opinions on his take on this and other things. The poster I quoted commented that so far everyone that has ridden Tiana has liked it, it was just a general comment, which another poster corrected them that only those who are paid liked it. That is where my comment is actually coming from. I couldn't care less about Tom's review of this attraction or anything for that matter, in fact I haven't even seen it. But its been a LONG tradition on this site to label ANYONE who likes ANYTHING modern Disney produces as a "shill". I know I have been labeled one on more than one occasion.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

All I know is, based off the POV's, I'm not interested in waiting an hour for this attraction the way I was for Splash. That's fine with me, I just don't imagine that's the kind of reaction Disney wants.

Same. We can only hope the Disneyland version is less of a bummer.

My first 1-2 hours after rope drop used to always include hitting Pirates, Mansion, and Splash in a row, usually walk-ons early in the morning. So many fun memories! I won’t boycott Tiana or anything on future visits, but it won’t be part of that same routine.

Phroobar

There’s also the “new” factor. Like it’s easy to get caught up in the hype/excitement experiencing a “new” attraction, especially if you get to see it earlier than the rest of the public. It’s quite telling that the reactions are still as mixed as they are. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that for a new ride or even a ride replacement. Frozen and Runaway Railway had more positive feedback than this.
True. I remember riding Winnie the Pooh before it opened with a group. They all thought it was great. Now not so much.

Brer Oswald

Same. We can only hope the Disneyland version is less of a bummer.

My first 1-2 hours after rope drop used to always include hitting Pirates, Mansion, and Splash in a row, usually walk-ons early in the morning. So many fun memories! I won’t boycott Tiana or anything on future visits, but it won’t be part of that same routine.
Regardless of how the Disneyland one turns out, I think it will end up defaulting to the same wait times it has had due to the flume and ride system remaining the same. It’s still going to get you as wet. I’m still expecting wet shoes. Many folks will ride it once and never again.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

But its been a LONG tradition on this site to label ANYONE who likes ANYTHING modern Disney produces as a "shill". I know I have been labeled one on more than one occasion.

Anything? I’m not an influencer or journalist, but I’ve never been called a shill on this site for praising Rise of the Resistance, Snow White’s Enchanted Wish, Adventureland Treehouse, Tropical Hideaway, the Toontown update, Downtown Disney upgrades, etc.

It’s when people pretend “They can play!” is good show-writing that the labels start flying.

TP2000

View attachment 791207

Same person who wrote this also has a quote in the NY Times article.

The NY Times also wrote an article about the Jenny Nicholson Star Wars hotel video this week.

Cripes. Is that what we're supposed to call Disney's theme parks now? "Disney Experiences"???

And when he references D23 this summer why would he type it out as "D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event in August"???

Something just seems troubling about this. Who told him to type/talk like that, and how are they controlling him? What does he gain personally by talking like that?

quotegh-png.791207

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Anything? I’m not an influencer or journalist, but I’ve never been called a shill on this site for praising Rise of the Resistance, Snow White’s Enchanted Wish, Adventureland Treehouse, Tropical Hideaway, the Toontown update, Downtown Disney upgrades, etc.

It’s when people pretend “They can play!” is good show-writing that the labels start flying.
Even I, the cynic of cynics, quite liked the new Snow White and ToonTown refreshes (for the most part).

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I'm not an influencer or journalist either, and I've been called a shill many times over on this site. There are quite a few other posters I know who also are constantly labeled one as well so much so they've made jokes out of it, I'll let them speak for themselves if they so choose. So just because you haven't been labeled one doesn't mean its not happening frequently.

TP2000

Regardless of how the Disneyland one turns out, I think it will end up defaulting to the same wait times it has had due to the flume and ride system remaining the same. It’s still going to get you as wet. I’m still expecting wet shoes. Many folks will ride it once and never again.

This is true. Splash/TBA is the only ride at Disneyland where you get wet purposely. And Disneyland is one of the most visited and crowded theme parks on the planet. Disneyland will be crowded, SoCal is often warm, thus TBA will have a long line.

Disneyland: 18 Million annual attendance, 1 water ride (TBA)
Knott's Berry Farm: 4 Million annual attendance, 2 water rides (Timber Mt. Log Ride, Calico Rapids)
Sea World: 4 Million annual attendance, 2 water rides (Atlantis, Shipwreck Rapids)
Magic Mountain: 3 Million annual attendance, 2 water rides (Jet Stream, Roaring Rapids)

Honestly, they could have rethemed Splash Mountain into a trip through a dentist's office, and it would still have a long line.

Phroobar

This is true. Splash/TBA is the only ride at Disneyland where you get wet purposely. And Disneyland is one of the most visited and crowded theme parks on the planet. Disneyland will be crowded, SoCal is often warm, thus TBA will have a long line.

Knott's Berry Farm: 4 Million annual attendance, 2 water rides (Timber Mt. Log Ride, Calico Rapids)
Sea World: 4 Million annual attendance, 2 water rides (Atlantis, Shipwreck Rapids)
Magic Mountain: 3 Million annual attendance, 2 water rides (Jet Stream, Roaring Rapids)

Honestly, they could have rethemed Splash Mountain into a trip through a dentist's office, and it would still have a long line.
Looking at the list, Disneyland needs another water ride. How about a log ride where hundreds of characters sing songs from our country over the centuries. We can call America's Singing Mountain.

Last edited:

Professortango1

What about Pirates and Small World? Considering the huge number of AP's and park, I'd also throw in DCA's Grizzly. DCA definitely needs another flume ride.

TP2000

What about Pirates and Small World?

I didn't include those because you either don't get wet (Small World) or barely get wet or not at all depending on where you sit (Pirates). I was just referencing rides where the main point is to get splashed and/or soaked on a warm day.

Considering the huge number of AP's and park, I'd also throw in DCA's Grizzly. DCA definitely needs another flume ride.

If we add in DCA, you add another 10 Million to the attendance figures for both parks combined. It's not flattering at all that the entirety of the Disneyland Resort with upwards of 30 Million annual visitors has only two water rides where you get splashed on a warm day.

Disneyland Resort: 28 Million annual attendance, two water rides (Tiana's Bayou Adventure, Grizzly Rapids)
Knott's Berry Farm: 4 Million annual attendance, two water rides (Timber Mountain Log Ride, Calico Rapids)

Disneyland Resort = 14 Million visitors per water ride
Knott's Berry Farm = 2 Million visitors per water ride

So Tiana is going to have a long line at Disneyland any time the temperature is above 60 degrees.. Or if you are Canadian, any time the temperature is above 50 degrees (or whatever that temp is in their special Canadian numbers they use up there).

Last edited:

Rich T

I didn't include those because you either don't get wet (Small World) or barely get wet or not at all depending on where you sit (Pirates). I was just referencing rides where the main point is to get splashed and/or soaked on a warm day.

If we add in DCA, you add another 10 Million to the attendance figures for both parks combined. It's not flattering at all that the entirety of the Disneyland Resort with upwards of 30 Million annual visitors has only two water rides where you get splashed on a warm day.

Disneyland Resort: 28 Million annual attendance, two water rides (Tiana's Bayou Adventure, Grizzly Rapids)
Knott's Berry Farm: 4 Million annual attendance, two water rides (Timber Mountain Log Ride, Calico Rapids)

Disneyland Resort = 14 Million visitors per water ride
Knott's Berry Farm = 2 Million visitors per water ride

So Tiana is going to have a long line at Disneyland any time the temperature is above 60 degrees.. Or if you are Canadian, any time the temperature is above 50 degrees (or whatever that temp is in their special Canadian numbers they use up there).
Don’t forget the TL Bobsled track. And the canoes. If you get stuck behind a clumsy paddler… good luck. 😄

Rich T

Frozen had the benefit of replacing a “meh” ride. In my opinion, FEA turned the “meh” ride into the second stupidest thing I’ve ever ridden, behind Navi River Journey.

One thing I believe a lot of people, TBA fans and TBA critics alike, can agree on is the weakness of the new ride’s story.

In fact, I think I’ve found a slogan for the billboards that everyone can agree on: “WE’VE REDEFINED ADVENTURE!”

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

On the flip side, a lot of locals seem to be scared of getting wet. Maybe they melt like the wicked witch? I think this will get long lines in the summer, and non existent lines in the Winter (as opposed to the Florida version which is pretty balanced all year long).

mlayton144

Frozen had the benefit of replacing a “meh” ride. In my opinion, FEA turned the “meh” ride into second stupidest thing I’ve ever ridden, behind Navi River Journey.

One thing I believe a lot of people, TBA fans and TBA critics alike, can agree on is the weakness of the new ride’s story.

In fact, I think I’ve found a slogan for the billboards that everyone can agree on: “WE’VE REDEFINED ADVENTURE!”
Years after frozens retheme , its wait times and popularity are still far above what it replaced. Navi, while not a replacement is still wonderful in most people eyes with consistent high wait times.

MMRR is another story

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom