Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Vegas Disney Fan

I’d love for Splash to stay also but there’s no way they decided to keep the one in the liberal state where the ride fits perfectly into the adjacent New Orleans Square area and chose to change the one in the conservative state where it doesn’t fit the area at all.

IF they actually changed course and decided to keep one I think they’d rehab and keep the one in Florida… that said the odds of either staying Splash is roughly .0000001% imho.

CaptinEO

No chance the retheme won't happen at least as long as Iger is in charge.

At this point it seems we can all be happy knowing the ride exists in Tokyo. From the sounds of it Tokyo Disneyland is the better ran resort too by many magnitudes

Maybe that will have to be my next vacation. I like knowing that the Bob's can't suck money out of TDL and make cuts to save their stock every time it underperforms, since it is ran by a different company.

TDL will probably be the only living example of what Disney used to be in terms of operations and customer service.

PiratesMansion

It is kind of fascinating how TDL is becoming a time capsule of what the American parks used to be like. They currently/will soon have:
  • The only Splash Mountain
  • The only non-PC Pirates
  • Original bride in HM
  • The burning cabin on the railroad
  • Original Snow White (mix of 1983 DL and pre-1992 WDW)
  • Non-PC Jungle Cruise
  • Space Mountain with no music
Much of which is good, but all of which for me is secondary to the fact that the Tokyo parks have become 'the only parks that actually do maintenance.'

Mickey's Pal

I’d love for Splash to stay also but there’s no way they decided to keep the one in the liberal state where the ride fits perfectly into the adjacent New Orleans Square area and chose to change the one in the conservative state where it doesn’t fit the area at all.

IF they actually changed course and decided to keep one I think they’d rehab and keep the one in Florida… that said the odds of either staying Splash is roughly .0000001% imho
They rethemed the duplicate Tower of Terror in DCA to Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout and left the original in Florida alone.
Whose to say they don't do the same thing here? Rethem the duplicate Splash in Florida and leave the original in California alone.

MagicHappens1971

What has not yet been done can still be avoided. It is too late for Florida. The true can't be said the same for Disneyland.
The same can be said. Disney is not ever going to walk back the retheme at DL. Maybe in 30 years, but this retheme will happen at DL, the same as it is at WDW. There is no “avoiding” it, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will open at DL in late 2024/early 2025. See you then.

Mickey's Pal

I don’t see any cruelty here.

The ridiculousness that has occurred in this thread is irritating, including pretending this isn’t happening, when it is.
I am not pretending it is not happening. I am flat out saying its not going to happen. Unless you have an exact closing date for Disneyland's Splash you would like to share with the rest of us you have been hiding. No? Didn't think you did.

Mickey's Pal

The same can be said. Disney is not ever going to walk back the retheme at DL. Maybe in 30 years, but this retheme will happen at DL, the same as it is at WDW. There is no “avoiding” it, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will open at DL in late 2024/early 2025. See you then.
Disney has walked back many a theme park announcement for Disneyland in the past. They have for many of their parks. Until I read a closing date and see a bulldozer, I am not convinced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom