Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

SuddenStorm

View attachment 702206
Disneyland app has removed any mentions of the Br'ers or songs from the ride description.

Still on the website.

Screenshot_20230305-193452.png

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
I can't confirm on deny this, but I've heard a rumor they're going to replace Splash Mountain with a Princess and the Frog ride.
What?!! What bus driver told you that? As we all know, Song of the South is Disney's most profitable property. Mods can we do something about this?!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Speaking of ride descriptions, this sign has always irked me a bit:
View attachment 702314
Was it really necessary to clarify that the caterpillars aren’t the size of real caterpillars?
And why is it "Alice's Wonderland"? Does she own it? Is this a tacit admission that Wonderland has no existence on its own, but is just a figment of Alice's fevered dreams?

And how do you "board" a caterpillar, whether normal sized or oversized? Does one "board" a horse? You'd *mount* a caterpillar, unless some fiendish resident of Wonderland carved out part of the caterpillar so you can be seated inside it.

SteveAZee

And why is it "Alice's Wonderland"? Does she own it? Is this a tacit admission that Wonderland has no existence on its own, but is just a figment of Alice's fevered dreams?

And how do you "board" a caterpillar, whether normal sized or oversized? Does one "board" a horse? You'd *mount* a caterpillar, unless some fiendish resident of Wonderland carved out part of the caterpillar so you can be seated inside it.
catbus.gif

Rich T

Queue Announcement: “Just to be clear, folks, you’re going to *Alice’s* Wonderland, m’kay?” Not Nature’s Wonderland, not Canada’s Wonderland, not RV Wonderland. And you’ll be boarding a caterpillar, but, not to worry, it’s an OVERSIZED caterpillar, so we will NOT be asking you to squeeze into a three-inch long tiny creature.”
(Immediately repeats in Spanish)

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
In a bit of positive Splash news, Disneyland has repaired a couple of things that have been broken for a while:
- Show lights in the upper How Do Ya Do scenes have been turned back on [previously Br'er Fox and the scene with Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Terrapin had been nearly pitch black]
- Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear in the finale are moving again
- Br'er Rabbit laughing at Br'er Bear getting stung moving faster than before
- Mr. Bluebird in the finale is lit up again
- One of the Swamp Boys now wears sunglasses.

Glad to see Splash getting some love as it's time draws near

Consumer

In a bit of positive Splash news, Disneyland has repaired a couple of things that have been broken for a while:
- Show lights in the upper How Do Ya Do scenes have been turned back on [previously Br'er Fox and the scene with Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Terrapin had been nearly pitch black]
- Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear in the finale are moving again
- Br'er Rabbit laughing at Br'er Bear getting stung moving faster than before
- Mr. Bluebird in the finale is lit up again
- One of the Swamp Boys now wears sunglasses.

Glad to see Splash getting some love as it's time draws near
Br'er Fox in the finale has been broken for several years and they just now fix it? Also, can we get a photo of the Swamp Boys with glasses?

So strange they would invest this time and money in a ride that'll be gutted and turned to waste in a few months.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Br'er Fox in the finale has been broken for several years and they just now fix it? Also, can we get a photo of the Swamp Boys with glasses?

So strange they would invest this time and money in a ride that'll be gutted and turned to waste in a few months.
Screenshot_20230306_134420_Discord.jpg

My guess is it's the work of a CM being funny kinda like the mushroom farm last year.

Consumer

AMEN! I loved Tower 2.0! The WDW is a classic and I'm glad it still exists, but I very much preferred the upgraded version we got here in California. The WDW still has the best queue though.
DCA had a superior ride, but an inferior exterior and queue, however, even DCA's exterior and queue were superior to Mission Breakout, which is an affront to the paying guest, the citizens of Anaheim, and the Lord God.

TomboyJanet

DCA had a superior ride, but an inferior exterior and queue, however, even DCA's exterior and queue were superior to Mission Breakout, which is an affront to the paying guest, the citizens of Anaheim, and the Lord God.
What's not to get about that theming?

Attachments

• dca hotel.jpg
    dca hotel.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 67

AJFireman

From the WDW forum:
Critter Country was closed during last years Disney After Dark Star Wars Night as well so I wouldnt give use that as evidence of a an impending closure. Critter Country has closed during some of these After Dark events before. Both events close Toonown as well . I think its just a staffing savings. Still could happen though per the rumors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom