Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

drizgirl

Oh my gosh, I hadn't even thought of that!

But if we are supposed to process and understand that this log ride's new story is about an "employee-owned cooperative" that is a "treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community" where Tiana "is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses" (phew!), then surely there will be some understanding that part of the backstory is that Tiana can talk to the local animals that live there in the bayou.

Which, as you say, would make it very awkward if there's chicken on the menu at Tiana's Palace, wouldn't it? 😲

Act+1+America+Sings+hens.jpg

My money is on an entirely plant based menu.

Consumer

Which, as you say, would make it very awkward if there's chicken on the menu at Tiana's Palace, wouldn't it? 😲

Act+1+America+Sings+hens.jpg
My biggest take away from this post is how good those Splash Mountain animatronics looked back in the 1976. I'm sure they're way past their lifespan, but it's a shame these Marc Davis designed critters can't be repurposed yet again. I know audio animatronic shows aren't of interest to modern audiences, but I do think a shrunken down revival of America Sings in Frontierland has potential.

TP2000

My biggest take away from this post is how good those Splash Mountain animatronics looked back in the 1976. I'm sure they're way past their lifespan, but it's a shame these Marc Davis designed critters can't be repurposed yet again. I know audio animatronic shows aren't of interest to modern audiences, but I do think a shrunken down revival of America Sings in Frontierland has potential.

I really miss America Sings. It was an absolute "Must Do!" in my family for its entire existence in the park.

Such a wonderful, fun, sparklingly sweet attraction. And in those days, the animatronics were always kept in tip-top shape.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't sneak a Disneyland closing date into that last update. Even something as subtle as "Every May 12th Tiana and her community...."

TP2000

I hope Disney doesn't realize that this might be a dilemma. Tiana's Place could end up vegan.

I've had some time to digest the new backstory and queue plot development. I'm still laughing at it and what WDI has become, but now I think I get where they're going. 🤔

They had to tie the attraction story into the restaurant's story that is a several minute walk away from the ride and in a different land, and this is how they did it, with unintentionally hilarious results.

But they also had to show Tiana became much more than just a "princess", she had to be a successful business woman who leads her local community in an employee-owned cooperative that helps educate children (but only those who are 40 inches or taller) about healthy food practices (products available for purchase in the park or on shopdisney.com), while simultaneously inspiring other women to build their own businesses so the women can then forfeit ownership of their businesses over to a group of employee-owners as a cooperative (in 1927, so Naveen and the other husbands had to give the bank approval to give the ladies a loan and/or credit line).

Instead of just making Splash Mountain a log ride about going to a big Mardi Gras party in the bayou and Louis causes wacky-jazzy mayhem, the log ride was saddled with this elaborate and checking-boxes-for-HR backstory. The mind boggles at what the Struggle Session brain storming meeting must have been like in a Glendale conference room for this tale.

But, here we are! On a log ride through a diverse, employee-owned cooperative that ties in with the buffeteria in the next land over past the haunted house. It's really just exhausting trying to pretend we're following along with all this stuff they pump out now.

Last edited:

TP2000

Does this feel like WDI trying to clarify this is strictly all queue backstory they released?

View attachment 696863

No, that's the same language and phrasing they used in the original Parks Blog post that started this latest wacky chapter.

That Tweet they posted says what the Parks Blog post said; it described the plot for the ride that will be laid out in the queue and thus the reason why you are getting into a log for a journey into the bayou to help get the missing ingredient.

The only real question is... what is the missing ingredient??? Please tell me that it's "Love". The missing ingredient is Love! 😍

TP2000

Look like Disney owns the TianasFoods.com domain.

Perfection.

And I'm sure any Disneyland CM that operates the log ride or sells that Tiana's Foods merchandise in the park will be part of the Tiana's Foods employee-owned cooperative and have voting shares for the annual meeting along with vested profit sharing. Right?

If these CM's are going to immerse me into their story, they need to have voting shares in the cooperative. It says so in the queue!

Last edited:

mlayton144

Perfection.

And I'm sure any Disneyland CM that operates the log ride or sells that Tiana's Foods merchandise in the park will be part of the Tiana's Foods employee-owned cooperative and have voting shares for the annual meeting along with vested profit sharing. Right?

If these CM's are going to immerse me into their story, they need to have voting shares in the cooperative. It says so in the queue!

The real question is whether guests will be asked to volunteer as recruits to combat whatever evils await tiana in this epic food co-op good vs evil - after shouldn’t we all have a chance to be part of the story ?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The real question is whether guests will be asked to volunteer as recruits to combat whatever evils await tiana in this epic food co-op good vs evil - after shouldn’t we all have a chance to be part of the story ?
You're given a shopping list of ingredients and a flashlight. Along the ride you have to shine your light on the right ingredients. If you get them all, you get a sticker. I hope you know what wild fennel looks like.

TP2000

The Land pavilion has a restaurant overlooking the boat ride serving vegetables grown in the green houses as well.

Yeah, but vegetables aren't animals that can talk to the film's/log ride's protagonist.

Vegetables are vegetables, at least those vegetables that identify as vegetables, as I don't like to presume Kingdom or Phylum. And if you buy me two drinks, I won't even question you on your Genus or Species. When one gets to be a certain age, one becomes less picky. 🧐

If it says it's a vegetable, then it's a vegetable in my book! And even Vegans kill and eat vegetables.

Last edited:

TP2000

Why does the one white woman look like a different art style? It almost looks like someone went in and painted over another painting after someone said "where's the white people?"

That's funny, because I noticed her too. She's clearly a member of the employee-owned cooperative.

SoftballChamp.jpg

But I just thought "Why does that lady have an asymmetrical hairdo that screams 1980's Unmarried Woman Who Listens To The Psychedelic Furs And Plays Fastpitch Softball And Can Help You Build A Backyard Deck"?

I can only assume that's an actual box to check somewhere in a Burbank HR office.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom