Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

DrAlice

Can Tiana and Naveen still understand what Louis is saying after they’ve returned to human form?
Seriously, this is an important question! She couldn't understand the dog until she was a frog, after all.
🤯:eek:

As for the rest of the debate... It seems like this latest bit of info is just PR fluff regarding the backstory of the queue alone. You know, the part of an attraction that the average guest knows NOTHING about and is only discussed by nerds like us. ;)

GoneForGood

Seriously, this is an important question! She couldn't understand the dog until she was a frog, after all.
🤯:eek:

As for the rest of the debate... It seems like this latest bit of info is just PR fluff regarding the backstory of the queue alone. You know, the part of an attraction that the average guest knows NOTHING about and is only discussed by nerds like us. ;)
I think this was somewhat explained in one of the storybooks they made after the film. They supposedly retained the ability to talk to animals.

I could be wrong on that though.

D.Silentu

Can Tiana and Naveen still understand what Louis is saying after they’ve returned to human form?
It's just the Disney wavelength in operation. All animals operate on this wavelength and therefore can understand each other no matter the species. Tiana couldn't understand animals until she became a princess and thereby attuned to the wavelength, as all princesses are. She ought to have no trouble communicating with Louis.

brb1006

As I read this Zip debate, I can't help but wonder if this is somewhat generational. For every song that brings back childhood Disney nostalgia for me (and is "quintessential Disney" to me), there is another, newer song that does that for my child.

To frame it another way: Are there "quintessential Disney" songs that USED to be played in the parks that are no longer played? Have we already lost quintessential Disney songs that just disappeared and we didn't notice? Without the internet for people to publicly complain about these things, a lot has changed over the years while very few noticed.

Also, just out of curiosity, has Zip been played in the parks since 1955 or was it added when Splash was built?

This sounds like a great idea for your next Planet Coaster project. 🤣
Zip has been heard at Disneyland since the very beginning. A band is heard performing the song during the park's very first parade.

celluloid

Zip has been heard at Disneyland since the very beginning. A band is heard performing the song during the park's very first parade.
And furthermore, Splash was not even the first theme park attraction it was played in.

A few notes there when things are happy. Very clever subtle use.
Some other examples pre splash how big and equally quitisential as any song could be to Disney.
The finale of Mickey Mouse Revue, at WDW

The song is song on the monorail as the 70s Mousekateers are on their way in to WDW for the special. They all sing it in the monorail.

Last edited:

TP2000

Oh. My. Gawd. I go off to BC for a few days of skiing (slowly, and badly for my part, mostly posted up in the lodge lounge listening to Canadians complain that the Canadian Air Force didn't pop the Commie balloon first) with the kids and I miss the reveal of perhaps the most stupendously ridiculous and inane attraction backstory of all time?!? 🤣

This is truly a gift. There's so much to unpack! It reads like something from The Onion or The Babylon Bee.

But let me get caught up, gang...

Last edited:

TP2000

Oh I hadn’t even thought about the ironic and hypocritical look at this. Let’s see…. A for profit corporation run by white men retheme an attraction highlighting employee owned co-op’s and female / minority owned small businesses. It’s so good!

Isn't it incredible?!? I just can't stop laughing at it. 🤣

I mean, you couldn't make this up if you tried. I've seen a lot in my day, but this really takes the cake.

This organization called The Walt Disney Company has now gone completely off the rails.

train-bridge.gif

TP2000

This is an amazing, much needed backstory.

@TP2000, do you think she also travels the world with the Puerto Rican female propreitor of the Main Street holiday store?

When this opens at Disneyland, the entire park's story will finally start to come together!

I had forgotten about her! Don't forget, she is not just a Puerto Rican woman of incredible wealth (which is the only way to afford long-term global travel in 1905) who then settled in a small Midwest town. She is also a time-traveler who went to 1947 to visit Israel for her Hanukah collection she keeps on that one endcap.

But honestly, that non-sensical and nearly impossible time-traveling proprietress backstory pales in comparison to this log ride backstory.

A "boutique farm"! With "vibrant art from local artists"! At an "Employee-Owned Cooperative"! It's a log ride that is "inspiring other women to run successful businesses"! It has created a "treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community"! While also "working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children of all ages"!

But the children have to be 40 inches tall to get past the height-check and see their work on display in the queue. :confused:

This backstory is a gift. A beautiful, awe-inspiring, stupendously ridiculous gift! 🎁

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

Oh, come on! This is hilarious! It's a log ride about an employee-owned cooperative that supports its diverse community and inspires women-owned businesses!

If that's not funny to you... 🤪
Oh just you wait - we’re just getting started on the backstory of this amusement park log ride where people wear ponchos, make silly faces for the camera, and come off with soaked tennis shoes.

Wait until we get the individual backstories of each of the people in that picture! It will be a pandering smorgasbord of cliches!

Personally, I need to know EVERYTHING about each of them before I place my phone in the Ziploc bag!

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

Thank goodness for iPhones with big screens! In the darkened bar waiting for our dinner table, as the apres-ski crowd was thinning out, I read the Tiana log ride backstory to the family from the phone, directly as it was written by WDI off the Parks Blog.

At first everyone was silent and mouths were agape, but by the time I got to that line about... "With the help of her mother Eudora, Naveen, Louis and fellow owners of the cooperative, Tiana revived the old salt mine" everyone was laughing. 🤣

You just couldn't make this log ride saga up if you tried. It's truly a gift. A special, special gift. 🎁

TP2000

This could make the restaurant business awkward.

Oh my gosh, I hadn't even thought of that!

But if we are supposed to process and understand that this log ride's new story is about an "employee-owned cooperative" that is a "treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community" where Tiana "is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses" (phew!), then surely there will be some understanding that part of the backstory is that Tiana can talk to the local animals that live there in the bayou.

Which, as you say, would make it very awkward if there's chicken on the menu at Tiana's Palace, wouldn't it? 😲

Act+1+America+Sings+hens.jpg

TP2000

And furthermore, Splash was not even the first theme park attraction it was played in.

A few notes there when things are happy. Very clever subtle use.
Some other examples pre splash how big and equally quitisential as any song could be to Disney.
The finale of Mickey Mouse Revue, at WDW

The song is song on the monorail as the 70s Mousekateers are on their way in to WDW for the special. They all sing it in the monorail.

I think Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah was cemented into the Parks culture about four years before Splash Mountain opened at Disneyland, and seven years before it opened at WDW.... when this famously catchy and fun commercial from 1985 starring America's favorite and most beloved TV family of the 1980's was aired everywhere east of the Rockies.

At this point, it wasn't just if they'd make a ride based on this movie and song, but when.

Parteecia

But if we are supposed to process and understand that this log ride's new story is about an "employee-owned cooperative" that is a "treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community" where Tiana "is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses" (phew!)
"... while persuading tasty critters to sacrifice themselves for the common good."

I hope Disney doesn't realize that this might be a dilemma. Tiana's Place could end up vegan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom