Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I don't want Tiana and Naveen to be frogs again. I DO want a ride that is fun, exciting, magical, musical and has the right amount of danger and levity. Ya know, AN ADVENTURE. None of the information released about the ride's story conveys any of that and instead focuses on a boring-sounding food co-op.

Now it's possible that the co-op stuff is just background conveyed in the queue and the ride itself will be fun. But "fun" and "thrills" haven't been hyped up in any of the press releases Disney has put out about the attraction.
They’ve barely mentioned anything that will happen in the actual ride. They specifically stated the context that was announced today will be in the queue.

Once again, I’m going to be patient, wait, and not make any assumptions.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I'm looking forward to this attraction and I really, really want it to be great, but the copy is dreadful. Princess and the Frog is fun. The flume itself is fun. I love the talk of celebrating New Orleans and Black art. I'm confused by the joyless LinkedIn corporate-speak.

All I'm going to say is that I'm pleased we won't be spending the whole ride chasing a trumpet.

Say what you will about the "Louis lost his trumpet!" storyline -- at least that could be fun.

No Name

I will only accept the missing ingredient being “us” if Disney fully commits to it and makes Tiana a cannibal. The final lift hill is a conveyer belt of juicy and tender humans for Tiana to grind into her soup, as she taunts us about what a delicious “family recipe” she uses. Thankfully she gets distracted and misses us, and we narrowly escape her evil place as we start to go down the final drop.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I will only accept the missing ingredient being “us” if Disney fully commits to it and makes Tiana a cannibal. The final lift hill is a conveyer belt of juicy and tender humans for Tiana to grind into her soup, as she taunts us about what a delicious “family recipe” she uses. Thankfully she gets distracted and misses us, and we narrowly escape her evil place as we start to go down the final drop.
At the top of the drop, Louis shouts, "It's a cookbook!"

To Serve Disneyland Guests

mickEblu

And a lot of the comments on the Instagram post are positive.

Here’s a quick snapshot:

View attachment 696439

I wouldn’t really call most of these positive. Just sounds like they don’t give a damn and are happy for anything Tiana/ Princess and the Frog. I don’t think they are necessarily reacting to the backstory. Granted, it’s a very small sample size and positive reviews/ reactions tend to be less wordy.

No Name

It help that Disneyland has the blessing of size. There’s so much to do, the loss of one attraction just isn’t that big of a deal.

Sure, I liked Splash Mountain, but I also like that I can take the hour I would spend waiting in line for Splash and apply it to taking a grand circle tour aboard the Disneyland Railroad, or join the happiest cruise that ever set sail on “it’s a small world.”

Personally, it also helped I had a chance to ride it before it closed knowing it was the last I would get to.

I’ll never be mature about the closure of Tower of Terror, however. Damn Disney for that bastardization of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
Splash Mountain is a worse ride at DL in a park with more stand-out rides. And it’s getting a makeover that was inevitable for DL, but is being shoehorned into MK because of a knee-jerk decision. The difference in reactions is well-warranted!

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I wouldn’t really call most of these positive. Just sounds like they don’t give a damn and are happy for anything Tiana/ Princess and the Frog. I don’t think they are necessarily reacting to the backstory. Granted, it’s a very small sample size and positive reviews/ reactions tend to be less wordy.
They certainly aren’t negative.

CaptinEO

Guys remember, Imagineering is the greatest storyteller of all time. How do I know? The company has continually told us so in many aspects of media such as interviews and documentaries. Josh D Amaro also says as much.

So clearly there is no way they can make a bad story.

I can't wait to see what happens in the salt factory tour!

LittleBuford

Is this going to be like other threads where one can post positive comments about the social and political aspects/motivations of the theme, just not negative or critical ones?

I highly doubt if somebody posted screenshots of 20 negative Twitter comments about this backstory the post would stand.
There was no social or political commentary in the screenshot @Californian Elitist posted.

Here it is again:

ff98614f-f8c7-4269-b816-8bba803e6881-jpeg.696439

CaptinEO

Honest question to save us all a lot of time and energy.

Is this going to be like other threads where one can post positive comments about the social and political aspects/motivations of the theme, just not negative or critical ones?

I highly doubt if somebody posted screenshots of 20 negative Twitter comments about this backstory the post would stand.

Again, either all discussion should be banned or all allowed. What we are getting in this and other threads is one chosen position is allowed and the counter is banned.

If that is the case, and it is absolutely your choice to make, just tell us so we don’t waste time responding to the supportive social/political posts.

Thanks in advance.
I mean there's 4 pages behind you of people criticizing this new story reveal.

But it sounds like you want to criticize the political motivations? I think this decision has been criticized and discussed to death since 2020.

I have seen many people criticize the ride and the retheme on wdwmagic without getting their post removed. Sounds like you are either new here or just want something to complain about.

LittleBuford

Nor did I say there were. Two different points.

The point about allowing people to copy/paste select external positive comments is people could then respond by posting endless critical Tweets and Reddit posts blasting the retheme, which would not be allowed.
As has already been pointed out to you, there is nothing stopping anyone from sharing, or indeed posting, harsh criticisms of the backstory. This thread is proof of that.

Tha Realest

Guys remember, Imagineering is the greatest storyteller of all time. How do I know? The company has continually told us so in many aspects of media such as interviews and documentaries. Josh D Amaro also says as much.

So clearly there is no way they can make a bad story.

I can't wait to see what happens in the salt factory tour!
That may have been the case historically. Now? It’s unearned for the current generation.

ParkPeeker

We already have concept art of Louis and new critters playing music with Tiana in her new look at the bayou. We got a glimpse specifically of the otter fiddler. They kept talking about New Orleans/bayou magic during d23. Mama Odie is confirmed to be part of the ride.

I don’t think the ride will be in a factory or kitchen setting/ or lack whimsical and magical elements, cause we’ve been shown the opposite as recently as d23.

Regarding “danger” dr facilier wasn’t the only ominous threatening presence in the movie, there were his “friends on the other side” the ones who ultimately caused his demise. I have a sliver of hope that they can somehow weave that as a threat in the story, just so we can see threatening shadows and neon floating masks vibes.

But even if they don’t have that threatening presence, I’m sure it’ll be a fun ride filled with the magic people expect from it. Also I’m somewhat confident the Tiana animatronics will be on par with Belle, with the current 3 Elsa let it go clones being made now shown to be on that level.

LittleBuford

We already have concept art of Louis and new critters playing music with Tiana in her new look at the bayou. We got a glimpse specifically of the otter fiddler. They kept talking about New Orleans/bayou magic during d23. Mama Odie is confirmed to be part of the ride.

I don’t think the ride will be in a factory or kitchen setting/ or lack whimsical and magical elements, cause we’ve been shown the opposite as recently as d23.

Regarding “danger” dr facilier wasn’t the only ominous threatening presence in the movie, there were his “friends on the other side” the ones who ultimately caused his demise. I have a sliver of hope that they can somehow weave that as a threat in the story, just so we can see threatening shadows and neon floating masks vibes.

But even if they don’t have that threatening presence, I’m sure it’ll be a fun ride filled with the magic people expect from it. Also I’m somewhat confident the Tiana animatronics will be on par with Belle, with the current 3 Elsa let it go clones being made now shown to be on that level.
Thanks for these reminders, which give me some hope!

MoonRakerSCM

Looks like I'm late to the party, I was too busy yesterday searching the skies for balloons...

So, as is tradition I won't read the past 50,000 posts and instead will just comment on Disney's latest... Uh... Info-

Disney is out of touch thinking that this what the general public wants or needs... If you need to explain this much... In such minute detail... You've gone WAY beyond the necessary amount of detail to make a great attraction. They're trying too hard and yes, it's 'cringe' now.

C'mon kids! Let's go see Tiana's cooperative and boutique farm! Hoho I heard she's offering a session today about the unknown lesser dangers of small business titled "Cooking with free enterprise", maybe we can attend!

D.Silentu

Say what you will about the "Louis lost his trumpet!" storyline -- at least that could be fun.
There's always that possibility, but for all of the overwrought backstory Disney has presented, the main idea of Tiana searching for ingredients is on point with her motivations as the film's main character and far more appealing to me.

donaldtoo

Looks like I'm late to the party, I was too busy yesterday searching the skies for balloons...

So, as is tradition I won't read the past 50,000 posts and instead will just comment on Disney's latest... Uh... Info-

Disney is out of touch thinking that this what the general public wants or needs... If you need to explain this much... In such minute detail... You've gone WAY beyond the necessary amount of detail to make a great attraction. They're trying too hard and yes, it's 'cringe' now.

C'mon kids! Let's go see Tiana's cooperative and boutique farm! Hoho I heard she's offering a session today about the unknown lesser dangers of small business titled "Cooking with free enterprise", maybe we can attend!

Yep, every time I think Disney can’t get any stupider than they already are, they do.
It’s like a festival of idiots, who are actually brain-dead asleep…HTH…?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom