Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I'm not sure how much faith I would put in this, but apparently, a new rumor, courtesy of a Facebook page called Disney Movie Addicts, has appeared that states that only WDW's version will be rethemed while Disneyland's will be left alone because the concept art that was shown is clearly for WDW's version. I guess whoever came up with that rumor never went to D23, which clearly had a scale model of the ride on display which has the single-file logs, found only at Disneyland.
There is literally no legitimate reason to believe ours isn’t changing. It is.

mharrington

There is literally no legitimate reason to believe ours isn’t changing. It is.

I was informed that it's a little more complicated in California than Florida, since apparently they must go through the city for permits to do outside construction projects, whereas in Florida, they pretty much are the city (though they won't be for long), so permits happen faster. Did the permits happen here? Maybe they had, maybe they hadn't.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I was informed that it's a little more complicated in California than Florida, since apparently they must go through the city for permits to do outside construction projects, whereas in Florida, they pretty much are the city (though they won't be for long), so permits happen faster. Did the permits happen here? Maybe they had, maybe they hadn't.
The permits will be filed, if they haven’t already.

Ours is going down sometime after Florida’s. We haven’t been given an exact date yet, but it’s happening.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Because it will probably take at least 18 months to do.

How do you know that? And again, it would likely mean it won't reopen until 2025 if it's going to take 18 months.
Keep in mind California's is already much more bayou-esque and closer to New Orleans Square that they probably don't need as much time to retheme it than Florida

CaptinEO

If you are perplexed on thinking that they could not possibly creatively bring back a main component of the original film(arguably the most memorable since it was the great formula of an antagonist) than you are not that aware of how the themed entertainment industry's storytelling typically works. You can do this without doing a book report, and it usually works out to great success.
I blame tony baxter for the book report ride quote everyone seems to use as an insult.

Fact of the matter is a "book report ride", being a ride that shows the story of a movie from start to finish in different ways can still be good. Just look at Peter Pan, Pinocchio, or Alice in Wonderland. Peter Pan is arguably the most popular Disney attraction ever made and is a literal summary of the film.

I think making a ride a sequel to a movie is silly and it reeks of them trying to promote the upcoming TV show instead of basing it off a movie that came out 14 years ago. I'm sure some executive thought they could get more Disney Plus subscribers this way by some weird logic.

celluloid

I blame tony baxter for the book report ride quote everyone seems to use as an insult.

Fact of the matter is a "book report ride", being a ride that shows the story of a movie from start to finish in different ways can still be good. Just look at Peter Pan, Pinocchio, or Alice in Wonderland. Peter Pan is arguably the most popular Disney attraction ever made and is a literal summary of the film.

I think making a ride a sequel to a movie is silly and it reeks of them trying to promote the upcoming TV show instead of basing it off a movie that came out 14 years ago. I'm sure some executive thought they could get more Disney Plus subscribers this way by some weird logic.
That's the difference. Thank you for articulating it.
A book report is only a book report.

If the ride happens to you, which is also paraphrased from a Baxter and Sotto quote, it can be its own adventure. We want to mimmick adventures to a degree anyway because that is why we want those properties as attractions in the first place.

Along with your Peter Pan's Flight example, Mr. Toad is a great example people still enjoy. It is as frantic and repeats some of the zaniness of the toon story, but it is a legend of theme park status success beyond the short it is based on because it happens to you.

There is no reason why we should not have Dr. Facilier in spirit/shadow and the voodoo spirits present in a moment for this ride other than the lazy, as the character's main trait is literally having powers on the other side of the veil. No daring moment or method that has been going on in other areas like Disneyland's Snow White redo.

Last edited:

celluloid

I've never seen so much flat out denial regarding a parks project before, even up to the 11th hour. Saying this as a fan of Splash who would love for the denialism to be accurate. There was never any reason to think the rumors of cancellation were true, Splash's fate in the U.S. was sealed in June 2020.
Just for reflection, let's ask ourselves why that is:

I don't think it is fair to say that it is racism. Realistically, even we know there is hatred in this world, it is not the majority.

It is because they are getting rid of an attraction that is majorly a success in the theme park world to this day, incredibly popular as a theme park attraction can be and have low reputation in recent decade to do anything as amazing as what is already there.

It is something that Disney has never done, they close something the majority have a fondness and joy for, to be replaced by something they hope is just as good, and very few having faith or a care that it will be superior. They have a lower reputation in the industry as in the past and have had a terrible commitment rate reputation of things being announced and not happening.

mickEblu

Just for reflection, let's ask ourselves why that is:

I don't think it is fair to say that it is racism. Realistically, even we know there is hatred in this world, it is not the majority.

It is because they are getting rid of an attraction that is majorly a success in the theme park world to this day, incredibly popular as a theme park attraction can be and have low reputation in recent decade to do anything as amazing as what is already there.

It is something that Disney has never done, they close something the majority have a fondness and joy for, to be replaced by something they hope is just as good, and very few having faith or a care that it will be superior. They have a lower reputation in the industry as in the past and have had a terrible commitment rate reputation of things being announced and not happening.

Agree with sentiment. They did it to my favorite ride at DCA though - TOT. And now my favorite ride at DL. Granted, TOT at DCA was not on the level of Splash.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom