Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Uh, yes, they are. Like, even Frozen Ever After get this much hype about how great the ride would be and how people were thanking them for building it.
Frozen and TBA are being hyped for different reasons. Frozen was because Frozen was well....Frozen. TBA is because Disney has been hyping it as a way to get rid of a "controversial" theme and bring in a modern IP that allows them to sell mercg

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I was re reading the article and saw this bit:

"We're getting ready to go into our production phase where we start building stuff, then next we'll be at a point where we start installing"

That's extremely worrying to me if they're just starting to build stuff 2 months before shutdown.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Uh, yes, they are. Like, even Frozen Ever After get this much hype about how great the ride would be and how people were thanking them for building it.
They’re not. You’ve made up the racism bit in your head.

Just because you’re not excited for the ride, it doesn’t mean it’s not a big deal. Whatever hype there is for this ride is 100% warranted. FEA is no comparison.

Kirby86

I was re reading the article and saw this bit:

"We're getting ready to go into our production phase where we start building stuff, then next we'll be at a point where we start installing"

That's extremely worrying to me if they're just starting to build stuff 2 months before shutdown.
I read that too and raised an eyebrow. I'm wondering if this was just an old interview that they just published recently because she said they are still solidifying the script. It's not the eleventh hour yet but 2 years go by quick and I'd assume they want to hit the ground running. However late 2024 opening gives them leeway since Splash is Normally down in January to February so if the conversion runs long it wont bleed into the busy season theoretically.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I read that too and raised an eyebrow. I'm wondering if this was just an old interview that they just published recently because she said they are still solidifying the script. It's not the eleventh hour yet but 2 years go by quick and I'd assume they want to hit the ground running. However late 2024 opening gives them leeway since Splash is Normally down in January to February so if the conversion runs long it wont bleed into the busy season theoretically.

According to a post on LinkedIn, the author interviewed Charita Carter at the D23 Expo.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Weren't there rumors flying around that they'd already started building animatronics?
No it was not a rumor, it was supposition by many of us on how an compressed retheme timeline can work.

Also there is no indication on what exactly is being built during this "production" phase. It could be just the sets which is the major piece of the retheme, or it could be everything including the AAs.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I bet Disney has become aware of the outcry and backlash over the retheme as of lately.
Disney sees it. Disney does not care. Disney is doing this because Disney wants to.
Untitled185_20211003193043.png

EagleScout610

Premium Member
We don't know if they are building the new animatronics or are making the foliage. No one, not even Disney, has bothered to post any behind the scenes photos since the announcement.
Just because they don't announce it or share it doesn't mean it's impossible they were doing it at one point

SuddenStorm

This is the best video I've seen of what Splash looks like right now.

I was there a week ago and got on 14 times (my group noped out after about 8 rides but I had priorities). A couple of the times I used my phone's flashlight to light the dark scenes (it was at night... basically had the ride to myself so figured it wasn't a huge deal). The br'er rabbit on the cart wasn't working... but there were animatronics present and moving that haven't been moving in a while.

In the Laughin Place scene, there was a character lit that hasn't been lit reliably in years.

Regardless- as far as I could tell just about every animatronic was present and moving. Some animatronics- like the ending Br'er Fox's mouth and Br'er but for the dip drop that were not working in 2019 are working now. Quite a few have cosmetic defects- torn mouths and the like, but the animatronics in Splash are in better shape than I've seen in years. You just can't tell cause the lights don't work. Other than some minor lighting issues on the finale riverboat, the figures all seemed to be moving and present. One fox that was oddly contorted for a while has been fixed.

I did notice some static in a couple of the exterior speakers playing 'How Do Ya Do', but otherwise the ride sounded incredible.

Every time I go I'm blown away at how well the ride integrates with the environment, and how striking the structure is from a distance. The music defines that part of the park.

Disney Analyst

This is the best video I've seen of what Splash looks like right now.

I was there a week ago and got on 14 times (my group noped out after about 8 rides but I had priorities). A couple of the times I used my phone's flashlight to light the dark scenes (it was at night... basically had the ride to myself so figured it wasn't a huge deal). The br'er rabbit on the cart wasn't working... but there were animatronics present and moving that haven't been moving in a while.

In the Laughin Place scene, there was a character lit that hasn't been lit reliably in years.

Regardless- as far as I could tell just about every animatronic was present and moving. Some animatronics- like the ending Br'er Fox's mouth and Br'er but for the dip drop that were not working in 2019 are working now. Quite a few have cosmetic defects- torn mouths and the like, but the animatronics in Splash are in better shape than I've seen in years. You just can't tell cause the lights don't work. Other than some minor lighting issues on the finale riverboat, the figures all seemed to be moving and present. One fox that was oddly contorted for a while has been fixed.

I did notice some static in a couple of the exterior speakers playing 'How Do Ya Do', but otherwise the ride sounded incredible.

Every time I go I'm blown away at how well the ride integrates with the environment, and how striking the structure is from a distance. The music defines that part of the park.

Wait... is it actually that dark in there, or did this video not capture low light very well?

That's SO dark...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom