News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

TP2000

Ah yes, you've always been quite the champion of science.

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

You wanna go back in the archives here and see all my recommendations for people to get their TDaP and Shingles shots?

Seriously, when was your last TDaP shot? You need one at least every 10 years, more often is better if you have grandchildren or are around infants.

PiratesMansion

You wanna go back in the archives here and see all my recommendations for people to get their TDaP and Shingles shots?

Seriously, when was your last TDaP shot? You need one at least every 10 years, more often is better if you have grandkids.
I'm 33 and childless, but I appreciate that you think I might have grandkids. I've been told by others that I'm wise, but you assuming I have grandkids must mean it comes through in ways that I never anticipated, so that's oddly very flattering.

Plenty vaxxed though, up to date and everything. Appreciate your concern!

TP2000

I'm 33 and childless, but I appreciate that you think I might have grandkids. I've been told by others that I'm wise, but you assuming I have grandkids must mean it comes through in ways that I never anticipated, so that's oddly very flattering.

Plenty vaxxed though, up to date and everything. Appreciate your concern!

Your last TDaP date? That's such an important one, I got on a schedule where I get it every 10th year. Last one was 2020. Because I garden regularly and sometimes work gloveless in the soil.

But when my nephews have their first child, I'll get an additional TDaP regardless of the year for the Pertussis component, which can be deadly to babies.

PiratesMansion

Your last TDaP date? That's such an important one, I got on a schedule where I get it every 10th year. Last one was 2020. Because I garden regularly and sometimes work gloveless in the soil.

But when my nephews have their first child, I'll get an additional TDaP regardless of the year for the Pertussis component, which can be deadly to babies.
Rest assured I'm covered, but I'll stay away from babies just in case.

D.Silentu

They should have named it Tiana’s Place and not Tiana’s Palace. It’s beautiful, but it’s not giving the grand vibes of Tiana’s Palace at the end of the movie. It’s more humble and cozy.
Absolutely! I mentioned this sometime around the announcement of the refurbishment, but in the theme park age of replicating movie environments for real, Tiana's Palace is like something built pre-Wizarding World. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of it, but they could never have captured the lavish restaurant depicted in the film in the space they had. I postulated that they would have been better off storying that Tiana had opened a sister location.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Absolutely! I mentioned this sometime around the announcement of the refurbishment, but in the theme park age of replicating movie environments for real, Tiana's Palace is like something built pre-Wizarding World. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of it, but they could never have captured the lavish restaurant depicted the film in the space they had. I postulated that they would have been better off storying that Tiana had opened a sister location.
100%. It seems so obvious, and yet…

I understand wanting to connect it to the film, but it seems the vibes will be different. Maybe nighttime will help.

CaptinEO

This seems like a plus to me any way I look at it. I mean technically its adding a franchise to something that doesn't need it but it fits well.

The food here was cafeteria quality. This looks much improved but so was Red Rose Tavern after it replaced Pinocchio. Seems at the 2 year mark these restaurant redos decline.

mickEblu

Absolutely! I mentioned this sometime around the announcement of the refurbishment, but in the theme park age of replicating movie environments for real, Tiana's Palace is like something built pre-Wizarding World. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of it, but they could never have captured the lavish restaurant depicted in the film in the space they had. I postulated that they would have been better off storying that Tiana had opened a sister location.

That’s modern Disney for you. They are just incapable of giving you a home run these days. Even with the good products there are trade offs or questionable choices. To keep going with the baseball analogies, Modern Disneys ceiling is a Triple.

TP2000

Seems at the 2 year mark these restaurant redos decline.

Exactly. It's almost spooky how consistently that happens at Disneyland.

Perhaps its even built in to the budget by TDA that way? After Fiscal Year 2 at a new restaurant you have to reduce ingredient budgets by 20%, then another 15% after Fiscal Year 4. Then once you've dumbed it down and got as much canned ingredients in as possible and removed the better cuts of meat, etc., you get to run the restaurant like that for the next 10 years.

It's suspiciously consistent how these new places degrade like that. Every time.

I'm going to my favorite sushi place in Old Town this weekend, Sushi Tadokoro. It's been consistently top notch with extremely high standards for over a decade for me now. How can a normal restaurant do that, but a Disneyland restaurant can't?

CaptinEO

Exactly. It's almost spooky how consistently that happens at Disneyland.

Perhaps its even built in to the budget by TDA that way? After Fiscal Year 2 at a new restaurant you have to reduce ingredient budgets by 20%, then another 15% after Fiscal Year 4. Then once you've dumbed it down and got as much canned ingredients in as possible and removed the better cuts of meat, etc., you get to run the restaurant like that for the next 10 years.

It's suspiciously consistent how these new places degrade like that. Every time.

I'm going to my favorite sushi place in Old Town this weekend, Sushi Tadokoro. It's been consistently top notch with extremely high standards for over a decade for me now. How can a normal restaurant do that, but a Disneyland restaurant can't?
It really is sad seeing so many places decline year after year in the parks. I wonder if Napa Rose is even still up to standards.

Disney executive leadership even talks about cutting food portions in their earnings calls. Any time the company is in trouble the parks are on the chopping block.

CaptinEO

They should have named it Tiana’s Place and not Tiana’s Palace. It’s beautiful, but it’s not giving the grand vibes of Tiana’s Palace at the end of the movie. It’s more humble and cozy.

The details are very nice and I look forward to seeing everything in person.
Maybe she franchised out Tiana's Palace? Where is our overdone Disney Parks Blog backstory when we need it!

Dear Prudence

The details are very nice and I look forward to seeing everything in person.
wait, I literally thought it was Tiana's Place until like 15 seconds ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has announced details on enhancements to the plaza adjacent to Tiana's Palace. These updates are scheduled to start in January 2024.

"We also will make enhancements to the plaza adjacent to Tiana’s Palace. This area is one that holds a lot of memories and history, and a new, elegant park-like setting will be a place to relax and enjoy the ambiance and live entertainment under the shade of new and historic trees."

F4tszVUXcAYyu5F.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom