News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

SuddenStorm

I understand the need to better accommodate the Mansion queue- and fully support repurposing the old Fastpass distribution area for that.

But losing Magnolia park is a blow- it seems Disney can't help but mess with the areas of Disneyland that actually work while letting areas- like the Tomorrowland entrance that's had construction walls for FOUR years now- sit and rot.

TrainsOfDisney

And apparently goodbye half of Jambalaya Jazz Band. I get it - artistic license, but the group shown is half the size of the actual group and crammed into a tiny gazebo. :(

Or maybe they're getting dropped entirely and they're just sticking the Straw Hatters over there.
I’m hoping that was just artistic Liberty…. It seems like the jazz band on the river is extremely popular so I sure hope they are safe!

mickEblu

I understand the need to better accommodate the Mansion queue- and fully support repurposing the old Fastpass distribution area for that.

But losing Magnolia park is a blow- it seems Disney can't help but mess with the areas of Disneyland that actually work while letting areas- like the Tomorrowland entrance that's had construction walls for FOUR years now- sit and rot.

Yeah it is. Not only will it ever be a quiet place to relax again but it served as a really nice transition between the Haunted Mansion and the rest of NOS. A kind of understated, “quiet” and almost beautifully eerie space under the trees setting the tone for HM. It’s one of those areas that put the park in Disneyland PARK. Now they have the jazz music and dancing on the doorsteps of the Mansion. Granted, it wasn’t that far away at French Market but a lot of these things that work are so subtle. At Disneyland it’s a game of inches sometimes.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I hope Disney adds CMs to the entrances/exits like Universal does at Three Broomsticks. No tray of food = no table.

Spectacular idea. Unscrupulous guests rush into the seating area as soon as it opens and reserve/hog tables. Sometimes sitting there alone, with no food, beyond the duration of my group's entire meal.

I've long given up on Disneyland mac and cheese, especially since not even the food festival versions are that good. I'l give the gumbo a shot (though I'm not sure I notice that much of a difference from what it was before 😅).

I thought the lobster mac and cheese at Harbour Galley was kind of interesting (and bizarrely spicy). I think I actually miss it.

waltography

Since it’s not indoors I don’t think the demand for tables will be too insane.

Remember the mint julep bar is there too so guests also sit there with drinks and bengeits
And that's fine! I'm not telling folks with food to not eat at the tables, I'd prefer CMs to stop folks from "reserving" tables while their party waits in line for food, especially for the first few weeks while Tiana's Palace is open.

Demand for tables in that area is pretty terrible already (even without Tiana added to the mix), because there's so few to go around for the many who eat in the area. Every time I've eaten at French Market or the Mint Julep Bar, it's been a struggle to find tables in that courtyard, but there's always a lot of solo folks that are clearly waiting for the rest of their party to come back with food. In the time they sit there I could've sat down, eaten my food, and left; it's not efficient nor courteous.

TP2000

Last Thursday they opened an allegedly all-new land at DCA called San Fransokyo. And there was no opening ceremony, no ribbon cutting, not a TDA exec in sight. It just sort of... opened, while some San Fransokyo busboys trundled out new trashcan liners as the park was opening for the day. 🥳

Next Thursday they will open Tiana's Palace restaurant. The TDA President Du Jour better not try and pull that same kind of stunt with this one. They need to get some CM Sherpa Guides to lead the TDA execs from their office building into that scary theme park to the south where this new restaurant thing is. Get whoever is the Disneyland Ambassador now (do they even still do that post-Covid?) to say something perky and introduce the TDA exec, who then says something canned and cheesy and fake and then cuts a ribbon. Then a confetti cannon needs to go off, and then Princess Tiana and the saxaphone playing alligator need to do a little jig together to Dixieland music.

Then, and only then, will this new restaurant be officially open.

To not celebrate or commemorate these new park openings, as dumb and cheap as they may be (San Fransokyo) is not acceptable.

Who the hell is running these parks, and why aren't they ever seen in the parks that they run?

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Who the hell is running these parks, and why aren't they ever seen in the parks that they run?
1693789528370.png

ETA: since he's doing Destination D23 this week, I'm sure he'll do the expected appearances at WDW. Moana ribbon-cutting, maybe?

Last edited:

TP2000

123mart123

Last Thursday they opened an allegedly all-new land at DCA called San Fransokyo. And there was no opening ceremony, no ribbon cutting, not a TDA exec in sight. It just sort of... opened, while some San Fransokyo busboys trundled out new trashcan liners as the park was opening for the day. 🥳

Next Thursday they will open Tiana's Palace restaurant. The TDA President Du Jour better not try and pull that same kind of stunt with this one. They need to get some CM Sherpa Guides to lead the TDA execs from their office building into that scary theme park to the south where this new restaurant thing is. Get whoever is the Disneyland Ambassador now (do they even still do that post-Covid?) to say something perky and introduce the TDA exec, who then says something canned and cheesy and fake and then cuts a ribbon. Then a confetti cannon needs to go off, and then Princess Tiana and the saxaphone playing alligator need to do a little jig together to Dixieland music.

Then, and only then, will this new restaurant be officially open.

To not celebrate or commemorate these new park openings, as dumb and cheap as they may be (San Fransokyo) is not acceptable.

HAHAHAHAHA.
They need to get some CM Sherpa Guides to lead the TDA execs from their office building into that scary theme park to the south where this new restaurant thing is.

Had to copy that line again….just about the funniest (maybe because it’s true) comment in weeks.
Thanks for that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom