News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

Consumer

Looks fine but I’ll completely forget it exists until I go back to Disneyland in X years then I’ll see it and say “oh yeah” before forgetting it exists once again. I barely even remember Tower of Terror doesn’t exist anymore (and then I get upset when I do).

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has now shared an official photo.

F2JlJhtWEAAZixW.jpeg

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

How do you guys feel about the shops in New Orleans Square? Do you find yourselves going into them on a typical visit to Disneyland?

As much as I loved NOS and Splash as they were, I suspect Tiana’s Palace and TBA are going to inject some vitality into the area, and I’m on board with it. Might be kind of nice to see a sprucing up of all of NOS.

I’ll admit I never go into the NOS shops. Is it sacrilege to suggest they be replaced with more interesting stuff? Maybe take a page from Hogsmeade, where the shops have some interactive elements, and the window fronts have features that prompt guests to stop and stare? There’s a lot they could do with the New Orleans theme.

Just a hypothetical. Let me know if I’m way off base.

Phroobar

How do you guys feel about the shops in New Orleans Square? Do you find yourselves going into them on a typical visit to Disneyland?

As much as I loved NOS and Splash as they were, I suspect Tiana’s Palace and TBA are going to inject some vitality into the area, and I’m on board with it. Might be kind of nice to see a sprucing up of all of NOS.

I’ll admit I never go into the NOS shops. Is it sacrilege to suggest they be replaced with more interesting stuff? Maybe take a page from Hogsmeade, where the shops have some interactive elements, and the window fronts have features that prompt guests to stop and stare? There’s a lot they could do with the New Orleans theme.

Just a hypothetical. Let me know if I’m way off base.
Great ideas. I like the pirates shop and the old haunted mansion one. I really don't go in the jewelry shop. Bring back the Pirates shooting game.

Californian Elitist

I’m really hoping for a good jambalaya and gumbo since they don’t have them at Beignets Express anymore. That was often a quick meal for us on our way back to the hotel.
Me, too. What they had before wasn’t bad, necessarily, but I prefer to have really good to excellent gumbo or jambalaya. I’m cool with having decent or fine other foods, but not that.

Not holding my breath, but I would like to be surprised.

jmuboy

The exterior looks great. I like the Mark Twain inspired top better than what was in the concept art.

As for the shops, I always walk through that part of NOS and go in and out of them. The area is very old school Disney to me.
Agreed

The NOS shops - just like the EPCOT world showcase countries with their winding streets - are TRUE old school Disney theming the way it was meant to be.

As long as the interior of TP turns out nice ( and with Tiana inspired but vintage 1900s Nola vibes ) I’ll call this whole project a win.

Admittedly, I love PATF. And I also admire NOS as one of the best parts of ANY Disney park. So the marriage of the 2 has me excited for the possibilities. However I’m also terrified of the execution of any changes due to all the recent misses by WDI.

Californian Elitist

I’m not a Disney Parks shopper in general. I’m pretty sure I’ve bought only one thing since the 60th. With that being said, I love browsing through the shops, particularly Mlle Antoinette’s Parfumerie, for the reasons mentioned: it’s old school Disneyland. The narrow walkways and atmosphere make the experience very charming.

SuddenStorm

Looks fine but I’ll completely forget it exists until I go back to Disneyland in X years then I’ll see it and say “oh yeah” before forgetting it exists once again. I barely even remember Tower of Terror doesn’t exist anymore (and then I get upset when I do).

I mean, it's replacing a 1967 restaurant (albeit with changes over the last 50 years). That alone is mildly frustrating- as New Orleans Square was mostly untouched by IP for most of the year until Nightmare takes over the entire dang land. Not to mention modern WDI's track record of making unnecessary changes that degrade the product- I'm not optimistic.

mickEblu

I mean, it's replacing a 1967 restaurant (albeit with changes over the last 50 years). That alone is mildly frustrating- as New Orleans Square was mostly untouched by IP for most of the year until Nightmare takes over the entire dang land. Not to mention modern WDI's track record of making unnecessary changes that degrade the product- I'm not optimistic.

Yup not mention the cartoony steamboat smokestacks in a land that has actual steamboats passing by the restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom