News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

TP2000

Yeah the brick, gold and green aren’t working together.

I actually like it. It reminds me of the old (and very swanky) Seattle department store Frederick & Nelson. Long before Nordstrom was a thing, Frederick & Nelson was where Seattle elite shopped, and more importantly, were seen shopping. And the stores colors were dark green and gold. It was classy.

As a youngster, little TP2000 was trooped off to etiquette classes every Sunday after church in the Paul Bunyan Room restaurant at Frederick & Nelson in downtown Seattle. I hated it then, but skills I value and honor to this day. Test me about oyster forks, I dare you.

I think this looks fun, and I assume it will all blend together well. Or at least I hope so. The French Market was always rather subdued with that dark blue/gray color on all the trim, so to our eye it seems jarring to see it not so subdued and grayish. Plus the sun shades will obscure this from the actual restaurant, so you won't just be staring straight at it like in this photo.

But I have faith they'll pull this off and that end of New Orleans will get jazzed up a bit. (Get it?)

Fy68BxNacAAwJHV

Last edited:

TP2000

Can do without the silly smoke stacks. Otherwise I don’t hate it. Minimal exterior modifications and those new lights should look nice at night.

Hope the marquee looks tasteful once added

Agreed. I worry about the smoke stacks. But so far, the rest is looking good.

mickEblu

I actually like it. It reminds me of the old (and very swanky) Seattle department store Frederick & Nelson. Long before Nordstrom was a thing, Frederick & Nelson was where Seattle elite shopped, and more importantly, were seen shopping. And the stores colors were dark green and gold. It was classy.

As a youngster, little TP2000 was trooped off to etiquette classes every Sunday after church in the Paul Bunyan Room restaurant at Frederick & Nelson in downtown Seattle. I hated it then, but skills I value and honor to this day. Test me about oyster forks, I dare you.

I think this looks fun, and I assume it will all blend together well. Or at least I hope so. The French Market was always rather subdued with that dark blue/gray color on all the trim, so to our eye it seems jarring to see it not so subdued and grayish. Plus the sun shades will obscure this from the actual restaurant, so you won't just be staring straight at it like in this photo.

But I have faith they'll pull this off and that end of New Orleans will get jazzed up a bit. (Get it?)

Fy68BxNacAAwJHV
Lol. Should a good oyster fork have two or three prongs?

Yeah it’s rarely ever as bad in person when you have a million other things competing for your attention.

I think the Green and Gold work fine together. It’s those two colors with the multi color brick that’s throwing me off. I really loved NOS the way it was and I hate to see the cartoonification of it. Look no further than the smoke stacks on the top of the building in the concept art.

D.Silentu

Can we tell if the stage is being retained? If not I like the idea of a band playing from the balcony, but hard to tell if that is possible.

TP2000

Lol. Should a good oyster fork have two or three prongs?

Three, in a diamond or spear shape.

And it's the only fork that gets placed to the right of the place setting, beyond the soup spoon. The oyster fork is just that cool. :cool:

Yeah it’s rarely ever as bad in person when you have a million other things competing for your attention.

I think the Green and Gold work fine together. It’s those two colors with the multi color brick that’s throwing me off. I really loved NOS the way it was and I hate to see the cartoonification of it. Look no further than the smoke stacks on the top of the building in the concept art.

Agreed that the brick looks too fake in that photo. It would help if it's a duller/darker red. But pictures are so sharply accurate now, I always have to remind myself that in real life it doesn't look so vivid and distinct. Plus, this is brick that is at least 20 feet away from the audience, unlike the HD zoom feature on this photograph. With all this 4K digital photography, it helps to remember that our lazier human eyes don't see and perceive things 20+ feet away so crisply accurate as the latest digital photograph portrays.

jmuboy

If the kitchen/ servery retains a Tiana theme that LOOKS like the old French Market space I can call this one a win. ( and I’m grateful there will be no off center windows this time! )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom